1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Zulu bands....

Discussion in 'Watches' started by Concealer242, Jan 28, 2008.

1. fshalor

fshalor Loaded Pockets

I actually stopped wearing watches for several years. I had gotten to the point where I found them uncomfortable and annoying. Using the cellphone for time became a habit. Then I saw the Zulu's while preparing for a working cruise (where I'd be without my cell for 4 weeks.) and decided to give one a try. I bought two, one for a Timex Chrono (SS, had a cheap leather band on it) and the other for an old beater ironman. Almost over night, I got used to having something handy on my wrist.

I still wear the Timex Chrono a lot, but have also picked up a Seiko NM Alfie (similar style, a bit more durable) for days when I need to the second timing work. It was about the cost of reluming the timex (which would have been a waste of money on a 10 year old $60 watch).

The Zulu bands are so confortable that I migrated to wearing a Seiko 6309 almost daily.

I'm probably an unconventional wearer. Back with the Ironman velcro straps, I found that they were more confortable if worn "backwards". The Zulu's on all my watches have the fastener down and the tail up. I find this keeps the thickest part (buckle and loop) out of the way when typing or working with things.

The velcro wraps I'd replaced bracelets and rubber with had done okay. But my main issues with them were the bulk and longevity. Every time I'd get my hands wet, I'd have to take them off to dry, etc.

So, call it a thumbs up from this engineer.

2. nyckmc

nyckmc Loaded Pockets

I have the two and four ring models

I have them on a Seiko 6309 and a Marathon SAR the SAR is back on the bracelet

the two ring is great, light, cool colors easy to wear and adjust
    the four ring is butch maybe a little too much my wrist is about a 7.5" so there is a good bit to Tuck
    into the other rings.

the two ring is more comfortable- the buckle is centered. on the four ring the buckle is all the way on the 12:00 side of the watch
    with the excess strap nice but a little bulky.

kmc

3. banu

banu Loaded Pockets

I have a Zulu on my GSAR. Just ordered one of the new 'bond' type.