1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Zulu bands....

Discussion in 'Watches' started by Concealer242, Jan 28, 2008.

1. Concealer242

Concealer242 Empty Pockets

How many others here use Maratac bands on your watches?
    I really like them; they're comfy and dry quickly if they get wet. I wear my watches in the shower (I know, I shouldn't), but I find with other bands (like the rubber dive straps) my wrist sweats way more and starts to smell funky after a while.
    Also, what's your favorite color/pattern?
    I've only got one Black and one OD Green...but I'm open to suggestions.
    PMZ

2. jujigatame

jujigatame Loaded Pockets

I really like the feel and the quality of the bands. Tried a 4 ring NATO style and it was just too much band for my wrist so I'm on the lookout for one in the conventional two-piece setup. As for color, I like solid black or gray. Haven't seen one of the striped bands in person yet so I'm not sure on that one.

3. Omega Man
    • In Omnia Paratus

Omega Man Loaded Pockets

I had a 4 buckle 21mm one on a Timex Expedition and I didn't like it. I don't like all the extra length and didn't feel right cutting it. It stuck out from folding it under/over. And at the time, the smallest width was 21mm. So I gave watch and a band away, it's getting use now as my friend work watch.
    Other than that, it was nice.

4. rhicks

rhicks Loaded Pockets

I have the ACU grey low lite four ring in 22mm. I love the band but it is a bit long. I'll probably cut some length off in the future.

No problems with stink since it showers well.

5. LZ

LZ Loaded Pockets

I've also got the ACU grey 1 piece Maratac Zulu band with low lite buckles...Wear it on my Marathon T-SAR and so far no stink in sight....
    I also have a few Seiko's with the rubber Z22 bands, and those are probably my favorite band - quick to dry, comfy and again, so far no stinkage.

6. medic808

medic808 Loaded Pockets

ACU grey 4 ring low light on Citizen Ti Promaster.

[​IMG]

You may want to try soaking your band in hot/warm water mixed with some oxyclean if it gets really stinky. :shocked:
    sorry about the crappy pic :( the band is really grey.

aloha form Hawaii

7. Brickout

Brickout Loaded Pockets

I've got the James Bond Nato on my Seiko PMMM. I prefer all metal bands, but the Nato band gives it more of a 'utility' look.

No pic's though, sorry.

8. bamboozler

bamboozler Empty Pockets

I have a black 22mm and 20mm band. I tried putting them on some of my sport watches, but I didn't like they way they looked. Some of the heavier / larger sport watches (in my opinion) didn't look so great with such a "thin" strap.

I had one on a vintage rolex submariner for a while (1960's era watch) The black band worked well with the black face of the watch, and the stainless steel strap hoops played of the case of the watch. It certainly gave the watch a unique look. However, in the end, I went back to the original oyster band.

9. ballistic

ballistic Loaded Pockets

I replaced the strap on my Citizen Promaster Tough Titanium Eco Drive with an ACU Grey Maratac 2-piece strap. I fold the excess strap back under the two buckles. I really like the way the ACU Gray color and stainless steel hardware complement the Titanium case.

[img width=640 height=480]http://lh6.google.com/zodiac2/R4fqf6vDocI/AAAAAAAAADk/23d3AE-C5Ww/s800/P1020469%201.JPG[/img]
    [img width=640 height=480]http://lh6.google.com/zodiac2/R4_7e6vDomI/AAAAAAAAAFE/JzVZ_-tDlpo/s800/P1020529%201.JPG[/img]

10. Dizos

Dizos Loaded Pockets

Looks good. What framelock is that?

11. mr.hauser

mr.hauser Loaded Pockets

had one, didn't really like it since it had a couple extra steps to put on/ take off, had to be dried if it got wet, and in general I found I just prefer the look and feel of metal bracelet types.

12. LZ

LZ Loaded Pockets

Here's my ACU Grey 1pc with low lite buckles...on my Marathon T-SAR..

Attached Files:

13. ballistic

ballistic Loaded Pockets

CRKT S2. Great small framelock.

14. Willieboy

Willieboy Loaded Pockets

I wear a Zulu on my Traser P6500 and my G Shock DW6900.

15. bltkmt

bltkmt Loaded Pockets

Does the Zulu fit on the Casio without adapters?

I really want a watch with the Zulu band...much prefer the soft nylon to these resin bracelets.

16. deeker

deeker Loaded Pockets

Similar to LZ, I have the gray strap with low-light hardware on my black Luminox 3900. It's quite comfortable, with enough adjustment holes to fit my wrist perfectly. I may trim a bit of extra material off the end yet.

I also have an orange strap that I bought for my Orange Monster. I didn't end up using it, so it sits waiting.

17. shrap

shrap Loaded Pockets

I dislike the fact they lengthen considerably when wet; and on the 4-ring ones, the weight of the rings on the far side of the wrist make the watch face tilt away from you. The two-ring ones are OK though. I think they work better on lighter, thinner watches than diver watches - the rubber strap on my Citizen diver matches the watch much better than any nylon strap.

18. bltkmt

bltkmt Loaded Pockets

A question on sizing of Zulu's...how do I determine what width is appropriate for a particular watch? Do I measure the pin itself?

19. LZ

LZ Loaded Pockets

No...measure between the Lugs...or the two "arms" on the watch body the hold the pins....

20. bltkmt

bltkmt Loaded Pockets

Got it, thanks! Just ordered one for my Rip Curl tide watch.