1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Zuixro's EDC

Discussion in 'Show us pics of your EDC!' started by zuixro, Nov 2, 2009.

1. zuixro

zuixro Loaded Pockets

I have a Flickr set with all these pictures in it with notes (plus "In Bag" pictures). That's the better way to view these. I'll still embed the pics though.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/zuixro/sets/72157622596982533/
    Flickr really needs to add "BB Code" to their "Share" list...

[​IMG]
    On person EDC. Sorry for the blur...
    Pen, Pencil, Sharpie, Jacket
    Keys, Palm Treo phone, Leatherman Charge TTi
    Bic Lighter, Folding Mat Knife, Minimag, Zebra F-301 Pen, Wallet (bandaids inside), Student ID wallet

The folding mat knife is my loaner. I got it after I loaned my Leatherman to someone and it came back dull and with several chips out of the blade. I have yet to have the blade repaired. I'm thinking about getting a Spyderco Tenacious to EDC (not sure where I'd carry it though haha). I'm also trying to decide on a new flashlight. There's a debate going on here: http://edcforums.com/index.php?topic=32810

[​IMG]
    Key detail
    (Clockwise) Paracord Fob, Kubaton, Pill Fob (Prescription meds, Ibuprophen, Rolaids, Benadryl), House Key, Car Key, Car Fob, 8GB Thumb Drive, "Macgyver" (Victorinox Swiss Army Knife, There's a story behind it)

[​IMG]
    Backpack Contents
    Wireless Mighty Mouse, Laptop Mousepad, Kenneth Cole Reaction Messenger Bag
    Microfiber screen cloth, 17in Macbook Pro, Remote, Firewire cable, Altoids tin (4xAA batteries, Fingernail Clippers)
    Campus Map, USB Extension Cable, Capstick, LED Flashlight, Grandparent's House Key, DVI -> VGA adapter, Laptop Power adapter
    iPod Remote, 1/8in to RCA to TS adapters, Headphones, Headphone splitter, SAK of unknown brand, Shotgun Lighter (sentimental value), Pen, Gum
    iPod, USB Charging adapter for iPod (allows an iPod to charge from any USB charger, also allows you to charge an iPod from a computer without syncing, home made), Extendable USB Cables (Phone, Mini B, iPod), USB Charger, Mintyboost, Altoids tin w/ SD Cards, thumb drives, USB -> SD Card Adapter

[​IMG]
    Car EDC
    GPS (TomTom One), Extra Shirt, Toiletries case, CPR Mask
    Petroleum Jelly + Cotton Ball Firestarters, Hand Sanitizer, Glow sticks, 4D Cell Maglite "Persuader", First Aid Kit (came with the car, has yet to be pimped out)
    iPod dock + car "Aux" cable, Phone charger + USB car charger(not pictured), smaller first aid kit
    Corn chips (tasty and a good firestarter), emergency candle + matches, 2 Pair sunglasses (Hey, the passenger needs to look good too right?)
    I usually have a towel in my car too (thank you Douglas Adams, Never go anywhere without a towel) but it got dirty and I had to wash it. It hasn't made it back into my car...

[​IMG]
    My toolbag. Lives in my car most of the time, but goes into some jobs with me.
    Pocket Ref, Gloves, Rope, Stanley "Fat Max" tool bag
    Metric + SAE wrenches, Metric hex keys (SAE ones went missing), Multimeter Leads (multimeter died recently), Note pad, Radioshack Precision screwdrivers, 6in + 8in C-wrenches + Lanyard, screwdrivers
    Huge screwdriver bit set, Tripod light + book light (both gelled blue), Gel Swatch books, Petzl Taktika Plus Headlamp, Steel Ruler, Small tool kit, Aligator test leads, Pens + Pencils + Sharpies + Christmas light tester (useful for other things), Level, 3.5in Folder, Leatherman holster, Mat Knife Blades, Exacto Knife, Minimag Holster + blue gel,
    Needle Nose Pliars, Diagonal cutters, Vice Grips, Lineman's Pliars, 2 wire strippers (one crimps), Electrical tape in all colors on tieline/caribeaner, caribeaner, Safety Glasses, Bandanas

Like I said. See Flickr Set for notes and in bag pics.

I'm looking for improvements. For one, First aid kits all around wouldn't hurt.

If anyone has any questions/comments/ideas, let me know.

Thanks,
    Nick

2. GRIFFINHAWKS

GRIFFINHAWKS Banned

I've been in the biz for 30 + years and it looks like your all set ! WOW !

I could only add a boat load of power tools to the list ..

BE WELL .. GH

3. zuixro

zuixro Loaded Pockets

I use the power tools that the shop provides right now. I do plan on getting my own in the near future though (no more dead drills for me).

4. xxecatxx

xxecatxx Empty Pockets

You should get a multitool for you huge bag of tools. I know you have pliers andscrewdrivers but knife and scissors you don't have in there. I suggest a swisstool x or rs

5. GRIFFINHAWKS

GRIFFINHAWKS Banned

Agreed .. I recommend the SOG .. http://sogknives.com/store/S44.html ..
    [​IMG]
    I've had this one for 3 years without a single issue .. the one hand open [out of the box] is a real nice feature !

BE WELL .. GH

6. zuixro

zuixro Loaded Pockets

I don't have a multitool for my bag because I always have my Charge TTi on my belt. I have all the separate tools because sometimes I need to do hard jobs with them, and it's a lot cheaper to replace a $2 pair of Lineman's pliers, than to pack up and ship off my Leatherman. Now that you mention it I don't have a pair of scissors. I'll look at getting a MT for my bag. That SOG looks cool, but I'm also thinking about a LM Wave.

A lot of this has changed (what with Christmas and stuff) so I need to take new pictures.(I've switched to a backpack, new wallet, new pens, new tools)