1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Zero tolerance question:

Discussion in 'Knives' started by baja820, Jul 1, 2013.

1. baja820

baja820 Loaded Pockets

I like the look and design of ZT knives but I really don't know much about them. My only problem is they seem too big. I like my pocket knives to be about the size of a mini griptilian. Is there a ZT knife that is the same size as a mini grip?

2. Greenjeans

Greenjeans Loaded Pockets

The ZTs are all pretty hefty, the 0350 is about as compact as they come you should check it out. I like small knives and big ones. For me it comes down to what feels good in the hand ya know. Good luck...

I just thought of this, the kershaw cryo might be something youd like. It's a mini hinderer design. A lot of folks here love em. They're like $35.

MWDP, jph0200, TheBoyScout22 and 2 others like this.
  3. riot

riot Loaded Pockets

You may want to hold off and wait until the 0566 is released. Won't be as small as a mini-grip, but it's certainly smaller than everything else in the ZT lineup.

Sent from my HTC Droid DNA using Tapatalk 4 Beta

jarheadgreasemonkey likes this.
  4. mlehto

mlehto Loaded Pockets

The ZT 750 is the only model that I would ever carry based on size. It is an AO, and a hawkbill type of blade though so not my thing.

I think these knives are great but for an EDC they are way to overbuilt IMHO.

Just not necessary.....

5. Zebulon

Zebulon Loaded Pockets

Once that knife drops, I'm picking one up ASAP (finances permitting). Rick Hinderer does a great job designing knives, and ZTs have an excellent reputation.

Sent from my Transformer Prime using Tapatalk 2

riot likes this.
  6. jimw451
    • In Omnia Paratus

jimw451 Loaded Pockets

+1 on the 0566 when it drops and besides the 0750, the 0780 looks like a ZT version of the Skyline. Disco'd now but if you put a WTB out there, you never know. I like overbuilt for EDC sometimes, but just another opinion being thrown around haha.

riot likes this.
  7. CAPTSHOE

CAPTSHOE Loaded Pockets

ZT knives are built as tough use tools, not pretty but you can't break them.

You will never find something in their line as small and light as the mini-Grip, not even the new 0566 which has a steel rear scale.

Look at the entire Kershaw line, there are a lot of really good knives in the size range you are looking for and they are built buy the same people.

8. baja820

baja820 Loaded Pockets

1. I bet I could break one.
    2. Never say never.
    3. Close enough.
    [​IMG]

MWDP and riot like this.
  9. ArnieJB

ArnieJB EDC Junkie!!!

I pre-ordered one of these 0566s back in January. Can't wait until it ships!

riot likes this.
  10. riot

riot Loaded Pockets

I've preordered the 0566 too! It will be the first ZT I've bought that wasn't a 0350 (I did get an 0121 in a trade).

ArnieJB likes this.
  11. ArnieJB

ArnieJB EDC Junkie!!!

It will be my first ZT period! :D

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

baja820 likes this.
  12. Greenjeans

Greenjeans Loaded Pockets

You guys with 0350s may be interested in this. The one thing I hated when I got this knife was the spring assist, I just like the feel of a manual flipper, so I did some research and found it was very easy to remove the spring, the knife has great detent without it. Since I've removed it i love the knife. Silky smooth flipper action. I wanted to do the same to a cryo but was told not to because the spring assist on that knife is the detent so obviously the blade would flop around.

13. riot

riot Loaded Pockets

I really like the SpeedSafe on the 0350. The satisfying "THWACK" when it opens is awesome! I've never even considered de-assisting one of mine!