1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Zero Tolerance 0560 - REVIEW PT.1

Discussion in 'Gear Reviews' started by FortySix&2, Jan 16, 2013.

1. FortySix&2

FortySix&2 Banned

[​IMG]

Specifications:
    Handle: 3-D machined G-10 front scale, 3-D machined titanium back handle, stonewashed finish
    Overall Length: 8.8"
    Blade Length: 3.75"
    Blade Steel: Elmax
    Closed Length: 5.05"
    Weight: 5.8 oz.

This Zero Tolerance 0560 review will be broken down into at least two parts. The first part here I am just going to give you my initial experience taking it out of the box. Part 2 will include more technical feedback and more detailed pictures. So please subscriber to this thread or my facebook / twitter and keep an eye out for Part 2. Until then...... enjoy!

Upon taking the ZT 0560 out of the box I was astonished how light this knife feels in the hand. At almost 9 inches overall its 2 ounces lighter than my Benchmade 275 which I have became accustom to carrying. The blade deploys super fast and smooth unlike some other flipper knives on the market. I did some preliminary cutting and the blade out of the box is very exceptional to say the least. The G10 scale and machined titanium frame lock back feel really good in my hands and I'm able to get a real nice firm grip. Overall, right now, I am very pleased with my purchase. I am gonna use and abuse it over the next few days and follow up my review with part 2.

Thanks
    - Scott

Last edited by FortySix&2, Jan 30, 2013
  2. Ogre

Ogre Banned

nice! i really want one of these eventally.......well really, i would prefer if there was a 3 inch version....but you know, "what in one hand and ....."

3. IMWILSON
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

IMWILSON EDC Wizard

Start savin' for the ZT 0566. :)

Ogre likes this.
  4. Ogre

Ogre Banned

yeah i saw that! i might end up with one.........but i dunno, it says stainless for the lock side. sort of takes some of the......cool factor away, not being Ti. still, elmax, and the over all look and price are pretty appealing

5. FortySix&2

FortySix&2 Banned

I caught a glimpse of the 566 yesterday and it looks cool. I didn't get to read any info on it yet though. My buddy mentioned to me it doesn't use the same ball bearing setup that the 0560 uses?

6. Ogre

Ogre Banned

i would be fine with that , honestly. less stuff to get gunked up if im gettin dirty with it..........though i just noticed that its spring assisted, and thats turnoff to me. bummer

7. silent_vengeance

silent_vengeance Loaded Pockets

my name is also Scott and Forty Six & 2 is one of my all-time favorite songs...eerie :cold: (and I'm a big fan of ZT knives)
    To stay somewhat on-topic I'll say nice part 1 of your review

8. Ogre

Ogre Banned

my name is not scott, but tool rocks.

9. FortySix&2

FortySix&2 Banned

Tool Rocks for sure. Been a fan since the early early 90's :)

I will probably get one of those 566 to check out. Watching SHOT show updates on facebook and twitter are becoming more and more painful. I feel my wallet getting more emptier by the moment. :(