1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Zebra light SC5 - 535 lumens on an AA

Discussion in 'Flashlights & Other Illumination Devices' started by Blerv, Apr 14, 2015.

1. quickster47
    • In Omnia Paratus

quickster47 Loaded Pockets

Throwing my hat in the ring and got one on order. So far I'm impressed with my three Zebralights - SC62w, SC52w, and a SC32w.

Carl

hal_chase and Tixx like this.
  2. Minibear453
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner

Minibear453 Loaded Pockets

It actually sustains it pretty consistently for four minutes. Check selfbuilt's review of it on cpf

Ben Rubinstein and david57strat like this.
  3. david57strat

david57strat EDC Junkie!!!

Oh, excellent. That's great news. Thanks :D.

Selfbuilt's reviews are amazing. The guy definitely knows his stuff. 'll be sure to read it. Thanks again!

4. Ben Rubinstein

What put me off that Neutron was the battery rattle, couple of youtube reviews show it and it's not cool.

5. Highbinder

Highbinder Loaded Pockets

Got a link? I couldn't see a review for the SC5, only the older models. I even checked his own website and didn't see it.

6. Minibear453
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner

Minibear453 Loaded Pockets

Sorry! I was replying to David about the Thrunite Neutron, not the SC5. I don't think that one is out. :nah_disagree:

7. Highbinder

No worries my mistake. Probably a good thing tho' as I'm already seriously tempted - I feel a little too monogamous towards ZL - I only own 3 torches and 2 are ZL, I feel like I should explore the other manufacturers but when they keep releasing better and better lights...

8. Bedlam

Bedlam Loaded Pockets

The best way to to see if you really like the ZL's would be to get the SC5, then some lights from some other manufacturers to compare properly ;)

I'll probably pick up an SC5 once the initial batch come out - see if it's really worth the upgrade from the SC52 and what the switch is like. Who am I kidding I'll be buying it anyway.

quickster47 likes this.
  9. Highbinder

It's the allure of more lumens, basically, isn't it! If UI remains unchanged the other main change is the lights esthetics, which IMO have taken a turn for the worse. I liked the 'ribbed' bodies such as on my H600W, more than checkered knurling.. Silver lining is the screw on clip, much better than previous clip on style.

I noticed operating voltage range is only 0.9-2V, so I suppose it won't support Li-Ion chemistry. The older SC52s etc support up to 4.2V. I'm guessing they've optimised the hell out of the design for NiMH and that's how they're managing to get such meaty output.