1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Zebra came out with some new metal pens.

Discussion in 'Pens, Pencils, Notebooks, and Notebook Covers' started by Blackbeagle, Sep 27, 2021.

1. Blackbeagle
    • In Omnia Paratus

Blackbeagle Loaded Pockets

Zebra G-750 - blacked out brass body. Knurled finger grip. Very weighty. Like carrying nice size marlinspike. Like a stealth F-701.

Zebra G-450 - blacked out brass body. Rubberized finger grip. Slightly smaller than G-750.

New G2 limited. Haven't seen it yet. Blacked out, described as metal body.

2. Tesla

Tesla Loaded Pockets

Looks like they've missed the mark (for me,anyway). If they had just made a 701 with no changes other than a gel refill, they would have had a winner. The G-750's ergonomics are fubar, due to the increased length and the G-450 has the cheesy G-2 type rubber grip. I also note, they are only available online. Big whiffa

3. Blackbeagle
    • In Omnia Paratus

Blackbeagle Loaded Pockets

Actually the rubber grip on the G-450 is flushed with the body - not fat like the G2. The G-450 is the same length as the F-301 but wider and significantly heavier.

4. Tesla

Tesla Loaded Pockets

Yep, I'm aware of both those things, but bottom line, I won't buy unless they come out with a silver knurled version of the F-701 with a gel or hybrid refill...neither one of these fits my needs or desires...YMMV, but IMO both of these are vastly inferior to a Parker Jotter with an Easy Flow refill. My F-701 is in a go bag loaded with a Fisher refill..definitely not a daily writer due to inferior ink in both the stock & Fisher refills.

5. ox71

ox71 Loaded Pockets

unsharpen says the refill in the g-701 will not last long, as long as the f-701's ballpoint refill anyhow, speaking on the f-701, the "Zmulsion'" refill is a good fit with some slight modification to the spring.

6. Tesla

Tesla Loaded Pockets

I would respectfully disagree with the "good fit" description, as I've tried that & don't consider it reliable or good. Unless & until Zebra comes up with a "G-701", I'm pretty much done with Zebra pens except the 301 compact which is a good host for other refills when shortened (like the Z-Mulsion). IME, the only refills that will work reliably in the 701 are original Zebra ballpoint (terrible ink), and the Fisher (after the tip opening of the pen is enlarged). Either way, ballpoints just don't have good ink in general & Zebra refills are the worst. The reviewers are right about the gel refills not lasting as long as ballpoints, but that's true of ALL gel refills. You can't have your cake (nice writing feel) and eat it, too (longevity).

Having decided to give up trying to make a silk purse out of a sow's ear, I've moved on to Parker Jotters with Schmidt Easy-Flow cartridges and am not looking back.

7. RogerStenning

RogerStenning EDC Junkie

I like Zebra pens, but I'll stick with my RiTR Blaze-Orange (black ink) Clicker pen for the moment; it takes space pen-like refills, and those last ages. Also, it's all metal construction, and works just fine after two years of daily (ab)use.

ran23 and echo victor like this.