1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

ZAGG Invisishield for Skyhawk AT

Discussion in 'Watches' started by Jedi Knife, Jul 14, 2011.

1. Jedi Knife

Jedi Knife Loaded Pockets

I've got a Citizen Skyhawk AT (titanium) and it is by far my favorite timepiece. Within hours of getting it I ordered the ZAGG Invisihield for the crystal, and it has saved it from scratches on two occasions, that I know of and probably many more times. This product fits perfectly and goes on easily, no bubbles, etc. For anyone that has one of these, or any other watch that there is an Invisishield for, I can highly recommend them. Apologies if this is not in the right forum, but I know there are a lot of people who love their watches here so I thought I'd put this out there for them.

2. jcc

jcc Banned

How does this prevent scratches?
    Why would you need to protect a sapphire crystal? They don't scratch...

3. TuffWriter

TuffWriter Banned

I've tried the Zagg and loved it. It's not perfect, you can tell that it's on there but it is pretty decent. You're right though, you won't need it for sapphire but for mineral crystal watches it's choice.

Ultimately though I prefer the naked crystal and will take the risk.

4. jcc

jcc Banned

I see. I figured that they were for mineral glass watches, but when the OP referred to the crystal I had to ask.

5. Jedi Knife

Before we start getting to semantical, it is not incorrect to refer to the mineral glass part of a watch as the crystal.

6. jcc

jcc Banned

How ironical.

7. Jedi Knife

8. jcc

jcc Banned

9. carrot

carrot Loaded Pockets

Back on topic, guys.

:eek:o:

10. Garland

Garland Loaded Pockets

I don't own the Skyhawk, but I do have a discontinued titanium Citizens BL5250 which I love. When I was looking to order one, I noticed that the US versions had mineral glass crystals, wheras the Asian versions had sapphire crystals. I am hard on everything I own, so I ordered the sapphire version from an overseas ebay store. The ZAGG shield looks like it would be a good idea, though. I wish I had known about it before because I have passed up some great deals on watches because I was worried about keeping from scratching the glass.

11. TuffWriter

TuffWriter Banned

You can always polish out the mineral crystal if it gets small scratches anyway, I wouldn't let it stop me from getting a watch I otherwise want.

12. Patman

Patman Loaded Pockets

I've never put them on a watch, but I've put it on three different bits of electronics, and I really like them.

13. Jedi Knife

TuffWriter, are there any online guides about how to polish scratches out of mineral crystals?

14. CatherineM
    • In Omnia Paratus

CatherineM Loaded Pockets

15. Jedi Knife

Thanks for link, Catherine. I would like to see if this would work with a mineral crystal, though.

16. CatherineM
    • In Omnia Paratus

CatherineM Loaded Pockets

17. G.T.

G.T. Loaded Pockets

Wish I had never seen this thread and then ordered the zagg shield for my Casio Pathfinder series watch that didn't fit as it was too large. Because then I would not have had to endure their employee telling me that something must be different with my watch in comparison to all of the others as their product always fits. Had a very difficult time explaining that I do not have friends within the walls of Casio and do not hold a special one off version of a watch they have been making with the same sized face for awhile now. Finally got an rma number out of them which now means that I've tossed five bucks in the trash to find out that I was lied to by a product description on a manufacturers website. Your mileage may vary.