1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Your very best, knife shots (favorites).

Discussion in 'Knives' started by Elmiro Dungfoot, May 19, 2019.

1. Elmiro Dungfoot

Elmiro Dungfoot Loaded Pockets

2. Aloxfox

Aloxfox Loaded Pockets

3. Elmiro Dungfoot

That aquarium shot is different, amazing Aloxfox. Great shot! :cool:

4. SOS24

SOS24 Loaded Pockets

5. ccwaters

ccwaters Loaded Pockets

6. Elmiro Dungfoot

7. Elmiro Dungfoot

8. Elmiro Dungfoot

9. Moshe ben David

Moshe ben David Loaded Pockets

Good looking knife!

I have a love/hate relationship with the Cold Steel Tri-Ad lock. There have been a couple of Cold Steel knives I bought only to experience the lock was so stiff I couldn't use the knives (major issues when unlocking the blade to close!); returned to seller with fortunately no problem. OTOH, I do have a couple of the Tuff-Lite knives as well as a couple of Micro-Recon; all of which supposedly have the Tri-Ad lock. So on the smaller knives the mechanism was fine. On the larger ones (at least what I tried) absolutely no go.

I've been intrigued not so much with the AD-10 as with the 'Code 4'; but given my past experience have been hesitant. So I'd like your impressions...

L'chaim!

Moshe ben David

Elmiro Dungfoot likes this.
  10. Adahn

Adahn Loaded Pockets

11. Elmiro Dungfoot

Moshe,

This particular knife is pretty-much perfect, except for the factory pocket-clip. Which could have been better designed, but as with most cutlery concerns, pocket-clips seem to be a distant after-thought. As far as, the 'tri-ad lock'; it works flawlessly on this big knife. Blade was perfectly centered on my product, and razor-sharp. It deploys buttery-smooth with a slight flick-of-the-wrist. I just lubed by blade pivot, and lock with a little "Zoom" oil. Really didn't need any break-in time, per se. I ordered mine through, 'Grand Prairie Knives' for the princely sum of: $140 USD. This blade is surprisingly a light-carry, but it takes-up a lot real estate in the pocket, so bear that in mind. Most Cold Steel mavens gravitate towards these big knives (Espada, Talwar, etc.). So they know-that going-in. The product has beautifully finished G10 scales with no roughness, or hot-spots anywhere. Most of Cold Steel's 'Demko line-up' seems to be a slightly, better manufacture in my humble opinion. The Code 4, and Hunter, all have pretty much positive reviews. The factory AD-10 has aluminum liners to cut-down on weight, and price; considering a custom Demko AD-10 is over $600 USD. :eek: S35VN is a little easier to sharpen than CPMS30V, which is another point in it's favor. Finally, the AD-10 is probably a trade-off in size for those who don't want a 4 Max. I watched all the online Youtube reviews before I purchased, and read multiple reviews. So, I understand where your coming-from. I think I made an informed purchase. Peace out!

12. Moshe ben David

Moshe ben David Loaded Pockets

@Elmiro Dungfoot: Thanks for sharing your experience. I've been aware of the benefits of S35VN over S30V; both in terms of sharpening and at least from some knife makers, a difference in tendency to chip (from what I've been able to glean, this was a significant reason some moved to S35VN over the S30V; although it appears for some reason (??) Spyderco still is in love with S30V...go figure!

fyi, the Cold Steel knife that I encountered the worst lock problems with was the Hold Out; I don't even recall if it was the Hold Out II or the Hold Out III. I just recall receiving it, liking it on unboxing, and then struggling to close the blade once opened. This is the only knife I've ever had that happen. But I have seen other reviews of folks complaining about the tri-ad lock...

L'chaim!

Moshe ben David

13. Sheepdog149

Sheepdog149 Loaded Pockets

Umm, it's not the best, as there's always room for improvement -- but here ya go

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    [​IMG]

14. Elmiro Dungfoot

15. Adam Ng

Adam Ng Loaded Pockets

Not my favorite knife anymore but love this shot.

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. Elmiro Dungfoot

17. Elmiro Dungfoot

18. CJinPa
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

CJinPa Loaded Pockets

19. ccwaters

ccwaters Loaded Pockets

20. tbzbbt

tbzbbt Loaded Pockets

The Cold Steel Code4 is a strange knife. It is big but very thin with cold smooth metal scales that make it uncomfortable to grip and use. I have it in CTS Carpenter XHP steel in tanto. The lockup is rock solid but a very stiff back lock to release.
    I don’t like this knife and usually use my Voyager Large instead. I find the lock less stiff and the whole package far more ergonomic.

tbzbbt