1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Your Thoughts on The Kershaw Cryo

Discussion in 'Knives' started by Thekidd, Sep 9, 2013.

1. tiktok 22

tiktok 22 Loaded Pockets

Where did you get those awesome scales???

2. lintonindy

lintonindy Loaded Pockets

Gator Scales by one of the best guys I've had the pleasure of talking to. Don Smith. His quality is unbelievable and he's one of the few scale makers that mill out the liners for the torsion bars. Really good fit and finish on all of his work. I'm not associated with him other than buying some of his scales and becoming pretty friendly with him through many messages. Overall, and very good guy that I can't recommend enough.

3. Rattlecan
    • In Omnia Paratus

Rattlecan Loaded Pockets

Thanks for the info! ;)

4. Nags

Nags Loaded Pockets

I do not like this knife at all. The Cryo is too heavy for me. I would rather have the Kershaw Skyline or the Kershaw Injection 3.0. Now those knives are around the same price and you get a really, well thought out knife for the money. Maybe with a carbon or G10 scale on non-lock side paired with a titanium lock side scale I'd be willing to re-evaluate my opinion, especially if you would put a nicer blade steel on it, CPM154. The Cryo to me feels like a cheap chinese knockoff version of a Hinderer that went wrong somewhere? I can see the appeal at the price point but mine just sits on my desk collecting dust. Actually it's my wife's knife, and since I got her a Scallion she hasn't touched the Cryo.

Darth_Firebolt likes this.
  5. z0mbiSl4y3r

z0mbiSl4y3r Loaded Pockets

I haven't had my Cryo (black on black) long (less than a week) but I've already EDC'd it twice. I have the Cryo II Ti on order. I have the Scallion as well but the pocket clip is horrendous with thick work pants which means it's sat on my knife display table since I bought it. I actually paired up my Cryo and Blur today for carry. I had to buy a new scallion though since my GF stole mine.

Last edited by z0mbiSl4y3r, Nov 4, 2013
  6. 80jon

80jon Loaded Pockets

You can send it to me!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

7. AK Adventurer

AK Adventurer Ice, Ice, Tigre

I've never liked the look of carbon fiber much, but black and silver setup, and those scales, Its GORGEOUS! :cool:

Renegador likes this.
  8. lintonindy

lintonindy Loaded Pockets

Thanks! I like it quite a bit for light duty carry. It really lightens it up when adding the scales. It is a great value in the knife world.

AK Adventurer likes this.
  9. TDS

TDS Loaded Pockets

Got mine today, great knife. even better when you consider the price.

10. FACE
    • In Omnia Paratus

FACE EDC Junkie!!!

Bump ....... for a great knife. I bought one last year, after the seller tightened the screws down so hard tha tit didn't assist open, it threw the centering way off and I was turned off the knife. NOTE * the person selling me the knife thought that they had to do this unknowing that assisted opening knives are actually legal in my province*.

So I got the itch again and recently purchased another on a couple months back. I recently purchased a 9mm LBS for it off our very own 875fps member and installed it on the knife. If you have the option. change out the stock black LBS with a real brass one. You won't regret it.I will take pics soon and post, once I get another hosting website account.

Cheers,
    FACE

11. bluedevil76

bluedevil76 Loaded Pockets

Love it! Had the smaller one for a week or so and just order the Cryo II! I'm trying to get ride of my Benchmades. Looking forward to the tanto and blackwash finish later this year!

12. Hassan Nurullah

Hassan Nurullah Loaded Pockets

It's a terrific EDC blade that I found tough to leave out of my pocket for a long time--I'm not a huge fan of assisted knives but I do like this one. Makes you want to spend the money for a custom Hinderer--The new Black Wash version is calling my name!

bluedevil76 likes this.
  13. bluedevil76

Agreed! I hope the tanto and other finishes are out soon. No need to spend over $50.00 for a descent blade. The design is perfect for me and the deep carry clip is awesome!

14. Hassan Nurullah

It actually has about the best deep carry clip you can find--I'm not a fan of Tanto blades--But I am really trying to exercise some restraint when it comes to the Black Wash version.

CSM-101 likes this.
  15. bluedevil76

Agreed about the clip! Also, thinking of adding the Thermite to my collection. The Cryo was the first Kershaw and I love it. I want to get rid of my two Benchmades now.

16. CSM-101
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

CSM-101 EDC Junkie!!!!!

I know that feeling. :D My Cryo's been bumped from my rotation by my new Knockout (love me some Kershaws) but every time I'm at a gun show or
    SMKW I'm looking at the black AND the bead blasted Cryos... both are going to happen at some point. ;)

Hassan Nurullah and bluedevil76 like this.
  17. Darth_Firebolt

Darth_Firebolt Loaded Pockets

I think my skyline is a lot better at everything except paperweight duties.

18. Gravy

Gravy Loaded Pockets

If you can deal with the wonky size/weight ratio, I would say buy it. some people have said it's a little hard to close (probably because of the lack of gimping on the liner lock) but you will adjust to it over time.
    Also, it's it's a pretty sexy knife.

19. Hassan Nurullah

I was switching between the Cryo and my Mini-Grip for like a solid year--Now I'm running a Techno everyday--love that knife!

Nags likes this.
  20. Hassan Nurullah

I don't know how long I can hold out from getting the Black Wash--almost ordered it last week.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Liberteer and speeddemon40 like this.