1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Your Pack/Bag Modifications

Discussion in 'Do-It-Yourself & Gear Modifications' started by keeganxt, Jul 2, 2013.

1. karlito

karlito Loaded Pockets

I can't believe this thread hasn't been updated in over a year. Here's my modded Mountainsmith Day lumbar pack. Paracord zipper pulls, loop field for patches, two rows of molle, & an attachment point for a mag pouch.
    [​IMG]

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

2. jkjustic

jkjustic Loaded Pockets

^^^What Spec of webbing did you apply to your pack, if you don't mind me asking?

3. karlito

karlito Loaded Pockets

Sorry, I don't know. It was scavenged off of an old pack, but most likely 1" nylon webbing. (Check out strapworks for a good selection). I often buy old packs or bags at flea markets, garage sales, etc. dirt cheap just for the parts. Anyway you can tell the "better" stuff by looking; it has a tighter weave and just has a more quality feel.

4. Highway9
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner

Highway9 Loaded Pockets

Here are my simple mods: I sewed a velcro loop strip to the front of my MAP3500 as well as added a Flyye molle/zip pouch insert to the interior. It hangs from the bladder loops via velcro straps and flips out of the way to access the pockets behind
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    Unfortunately, I couldn't get this pack to work for me and it sits unused in the closet. :(