1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Your Omega Accuracy?

Discussion in 'Watches' started by Beneficial, Nov 23, 2011.

1. Beneficial

Beneficial Loaded Pockets

I just recently started wearing watches last june and have been going nuts ever since. in august i got myself a seamaster 120 2311.21 quartz and it is extremely accurate. Compared to my other previous quartz watches i've tried - Citizen, Casio and Swiss Army.

The citizen was in the normal range of about 30 seconds per month. The Casio was a little bit worse and the Omega is coming in at about +1-2 seconds per week.

I figure one minute a year or less, isn't bad.

So i was wondering what the accuracy of some of your Omega watches are?

2. CDavisJK

CDavisJK Loaded Pockets

Are we talking Quartz watches? I have a non-atomic GShock that I set with the atomic clock at work. It's been months and months but it's still on time. I should go check it after the holidays to see how many seconds its off, but it's not a full minute off, I know though.

My mechanical watches are always losing time (or gaining if I keep them wound).

EDIT: checking against the atomic clock online my Casio Gshock is 15 seconds slow. I looked at my Amazon order date and it was 15 months ago. I don't see why i would have changed the time since, but it's possible that it was reset more recently and I can't remember.

3. watchcollector1968

watchcollector1968 Loaded Pockets

My Speedmaster (several years old) seems to have settled on losing about 10 seconds a day. I generally set it a few minutes fast and then when it gets a few minutes behind I just bump the time up about once a month.

4. Ademar

Ademar Loaded Pockets

Your Speedmaster seems to be an automatic one, otherwise it is impossible to imagine such inaccuracy in quartz watches.

5. shmook

shmook Loaded Pockets

I have a speedmaster and a seamaster chronograph. The speedmaster needs winding, but the seamaster is kinetic. I've never checked the accuracy as they 'run out' because I don't wear them enough to keep them wound, or remember to wind them!

I just set them to my iPhone when I put one on :)

6. stax
    • In Omnia Paratus

stax Loaded Pockets

I have a quartz Omega Seamaster Aqua Terra that was gifted to me. It is super accurate. I have a soft spot for autos, but I do appreciate the no fuss dead to nuts operation of a good quartz watch.

7. Bodeen

Bodeen Loaded Pockets

About +10 seconds a day on my Seamaster Pro Chrono automatic.

8. davkt

davkt Loaded Pockets

My Planet Ocean automatic runs about 1.5 seconds a day slow.

9. Wojo

Wojo Loaded Pockets

I lose about 6 seconds/ day on my Seamaster Professional 2531.80 but I haven't had it serviced since buying it new in jan 06. I consider that pretty good performance for an auto.