1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Your multitool carry progression

Discussion in 'MultiTools and Other Pocket Tools' started by freedoom, Jan 10, 2010.

1. ran23
    • In Omnia Paratus

ran23 Loaded Pockets

Started out with a Supertool, fit a nce black baskerweave pouch for work uniform. At home,switched to a old Wave. Used my Wave for work once, lost in an attic (yes, attic rat). Switched to New Wave and recently added Bit Extender and Bit Kit.

2. EndlessFields
    • In Omnia Paratus

EndlessFields Loaded Pockets

LM Wave -> LM Charge TTi
    Had the Wave for 10 years, Charge is only a year old.

3. powerring
    • In Omnia Paratus

powerring Loaded Pockets

On person, I've only carried the smallest class of multitools for as long as I can remember. I started with a Micra and it's either been that, a Squirt, a Style CS, or a Vic 58 mm (usually a Midnight Manager) ever since. I have lots of mid and full sized multis but they usually live in my backpack.

4. XeroTheHero

XeroTheHero Loaded Pockets

Gerber (model escapes me, I got it a long time ago and didn't carry much)
    Leatherman Wave
    Leatherman Blast
    Leatherman Skeletool + Micra
    Leatherman Wave (black oxide)
    Leatherman Squirt PS4

Some sort of trend going on here it seems. The Squirt and black Wave are my go-to carries. Squirt is usually my work carry + all around pocket carry. Wave is usually after work.

5. kd7dvd
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

kd7dvd EDC Junkie!!!!!

Had a hobo knife when I was a kid. Cheap thing, got it at a yard sale for a buck. Dunno what happened to it. The original Leatherman has been given a nice retirement for now. The others still follow me around places.
    • Leatherman (original) [retired]
    • Leatherman Micra [in an Altoids tin waiting for some other goodies to join in]
    • Coast LED Micro Pliers Multi Tool [in Bag #3]
    • Leatherman Wave [in Bag #2]
    • Leatherman ES4 [On key ring]
    • CRKT Tool (not sure this counts, no pliers) [in Bag #3]
    • Victorinox Cybertool 34 (not sure this counts, but it does have pliers!) [in Bag #1]
    • SOG Power Assist [on belt]

6. JonSidneyB
    • Administrator

JonSidneyB Uber Prepared
    Staff Member

My progression stopped before I started the forum. :)

7. powerring
    • In Omnia Paratus

powerring Loaded Pockets

Hmmm... Wise is he. This one is strong with the Force. ;-)

8. algernonramone

algernonramone Loaded Pockets

I started w/ a Vic Tinker, then moved to a Vic Champion, then added a LM PST, then added a Micra, then changed the PST to a Super Tool. For several years nothing happed. Then, I changed the Champion to a Swisschamp, changed the Supertool to a LM Surge, added a LM E4, and changed back to a Champion when I lost the Swisschamp.

Currently, I EDC a Champion, an E4, a Surge or a Paladin PT-525, a PockettoolX Piranha, and occasionally a Skeletool. My keychain has a Micra and a Pockettool X Brewzer. Hoping to change the PT-525 to a PT-540, add a Crunch, and change the Champion back to a Swisschamp, or maybe a Cybertool of some stripe.

9. xtrajack

xtrajack Loaded Pockets

Can you post a pic of the axe hammer thingy?

10. SAKplumber
    • In Omnia Paratus

SAKplumber EDC Junkie!!!!!

I didn't really consider a SAK to be a MultiTool. My first MT was a SwissTool. SAKwiki confirmed for me that it was a 1997 version. Then I gave it to my Brother on law and got a replacement SwissTool. Then I gave it to my wife, so then I got a SwissTool Spirit Plus w/ratchet. I use that one at work so I got a SwissTool Spirit Road Tour with black anodized handles for when I'm off work.

Ummm yeah...SwissTools...is there anything else?

Aleister likes this.
  11. Garland

Garland Loaded Pockets

I started with a Juice S2, went to a Charge Tti, went back to the Juice...

Bikeracer77 likes this.
  12. Oaklington
    • In Omnia Paratus

Oaklington Loaded Pockets

Will do as soon as I get back home in a few days!

13. Atomick

Atomick Loaded Pockets

I too started with a Leatherman original, given to me as a gift. It's now in my car GHB/kit.

I then carried something far smaller, a Leatherman Squirt PS4. In fact, I'm on my third, due to recurring memory lapses at airplane security checkpoints. :oops:

A BO Leatherman Wave is now my primary MT around the house, and gets a lot of home improvement project and craft work. That was my first intro to interchangeable bits.

I now EDC a Skeletool as a compromise between functionality and weight. I use it a lot, especially in conjunction with a pair of 4" channellocks for extra grip, when rigging photo/video lighting and removing ball heads from tripods.

14. Oaklington
    • In Omnia Paratus

Oaklington Loaded Pockets

Here it is, sorry for the crappy picture:
    [​IMG]

I picked this up a few years ago in some random market in Prague? or Malaga? or something, it kinda useful, but mostly kinda crappy. But i thought that I'd take out the bottleopner/prybar/bolt-thningy (can't remember proper name for the moment :p) and carry it in my wallet or on a keychain :)

15. AK Adventurer

AK Adventurer Ice, Ice, Tigre

^^^^
    I had one like that , without the paka wood handles, and with a claw hammers claw opposite the hammer instead of the axe head. Useless little tool.

Going back to my original leatherman this week. Feeling Nostalgic.

16. k.o.milo

k.o.milo Loaded Pockets

[​IMG]
    Shot at 2012-07-19

My first was the Sog Paratool, then the PSTII, Wave, Crunch, Juice C2, Charge TI, Charge AL and last the Skeletool and PS4
    The Juice and the Charge TI is lost :( And the old Wave has a broken plier tip. Mabye i'm making a blunt nose out of that one :)

17. EveryDayBeer
    • In Omnia Paratus

EveryDayBeer Loaded Pockets

ey k.o. found your multi-tool collection!

See some nice ones in here, and some odd ones as well. Axe hammer thing? Looks like you'd hurt yourself tryin' to use it.

Only have one multi-tool myself, Gerber BG Survival Series. Doesn't get much use, only if a letter gets hard jammed in a machine is it time for the pliers. And fixing safety cutter blades with the screwdriver. Got a pic of multi-tool and safety cutter in the EDC pic thread.

Looked at getting a Leatherman PS4 or so but was overwhelmed with all the tool options at the time. Ended up w/ the aforementioned Gerber 'cause it was on sale!

k.o.milo likes this.
  18. k.o.milo

k.o.milo Loaded Pockets

Hehe, the axe hammer is not mine ;) And i have used a long time to collect my multis (17 years), so the cost are spred a bit.
    The PS4 is only for light use, so be carefull

19. dmattaponi

dmattaponi Loaded Pockets

Started with a Gerber back in about 95. When I lost that in 2004 I bought a SOG Powerlock which is probably my favorite. Then a bunch of Leatherman Wave x 3 (two old style, 1 new), Crunch, Blast. Those are all handy, and kept in different places (I keep the SOG w/bits and Crunch in my vehicle) where I might need a quick tool. My wife tends to control one of the Wave', and uses it quite a bit. I recently purchased a Leatherman Squirt PS4 for pocket carry. So far I like it. Not as nicely put together as my SAK, but it's okay.

20. AK Adventurer

AK Adventurer Ice, Ice, Tigre

And, to update, I've been carrying my wave again for a couple weeks, working better than the Spirit was. Just got a Surge that I plan to swap over to after some mods to it, and companion it with the Wingman I just got for lighter/smaller tasks.

Funny, I'm still considering a crunch LOL...
    Maybe I'll get one for carry in my truck...

G.