1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Your multitool carry progression

Discussion in 'MultiTools and Other Pocket Tools' started by freedoom, Jan 10, 2010.

1. znapschatz

znapschatz Loaded Pockets

You are describing the Charge Xti, a variation of the Ti. It was produced for guys like yourself who had lobbied for this version. If you are looking for a spare, check around. I think they can still be found.

2. Phyxiator

Phyxiator Loaded Pockets

My multitool story is not a long one :D
    -Vic SwissChamp
    -Vic Handyman
    -SOG Powerlock EOD
    -LM Wave
    I've had the Wave longer than I had the SOG but due to the one handed opening blades on the LM, I was afraid to carry it (carrying one handed opening locking blades is not allowed in Germany). Since multitools are seldomly considered knives, I don't care about that any more.

3. Aleister

Aleister Loaded Pockets

My story is simple... Victorinox SwissChamp -> One "random" SAK/MT from a drawer full of SAKs and MTs...

Or if I put it another way...

Not aware of EDCF+MTO -> Aware of EDCF+MTO :D

powerring and gstojinovic like this.
  4. mrlysle

mrlysle Loaded Pockets

Ok, tnx! Yea, I always get the dang model numbers mixed up! ll

5. gstojinovic

gstojinovic Loaded Pockets

+1 LOL

6. Sniperx7

Sniperx7 Loaded Pockets

I started out with a cheap Winchester multi, it was huge and wasn't really good in the quality area.
    After that i went: Leatherman blast ---> Wave <--> Juice s2 (depending on if i can carry a pouch or have to pocket carry)
    Intermixed with the wave and juice, i'll have a vic huntsman or alox cadet depending on need.

Sometimes the SAK would replace my edc blade altogether if im looking for space, but usually ill have one in the bag instead of in the pocket.

7. mooshi
    • In Omnia Paratus

mooshi Loaded Pockets

My very first one was a no-name one I'd found laying around. My first purchased MT was a Gerber Clutch that came with I believe, the Evo. I love it, though I mostly use it just for the pliers. The second one I'd gotten was the Gerber Mini Suspension that came in a little kit with the Paraframe and Tempo. But I don't use it 'cause whenever I should need scissors, it's on my Vic (closing the scissors on the Suspension scares me - I always feel like it's going to cut me).

8. Oaklington
    • In Omnia Paratus

Oaklington Loaded Pockets

My first was SAK tourist, which i got from my dad. Then a cheap SAK style multitool in stainless, just with more features than the tourist. After that one it was a spoon/fork multitool (awesome), on a trip not long after i bought an axe/hammer thingy, a SAK classic SD and lastly a leatherman micra.

A picture of the kind of spoon/fork multitool:
    [​IMG]
    (Not my picture)

9. Tjeska

Tjeska Empty Pockets

My tools:

[​IMG]

EDC @ work: Surge
    EDC @ vacation: Skeletool
    EDC most time's: Charge
    All the other's are on my backpack, first aid kit, car & home key's, survival bracelet

I really love Leatherman's :oops:

10. NosHusky

NosHusky Loaded Pockets

I started with a cruddy 15 in 1 by husky then went to gerber (keychain ones) then got a wave... i dont carry anything anymore.. need to get back into the habit

11. Jadaba

Jadaba Empty Pockets

Started out with several small SAK's (All MIA but one, retired to drawer duty)
    Then to a Squirt S4 (MIA)
    Then to my late grandfather's PST (Retired to shelf duty due to sentimental value)
    Then to impulse-bought Wave (Assigned to Jeep duty)
    Then to Sidekick (Dishonorably discharged)
    Now the Kick has pocket duty
    The Style CS has keyring duty
    and the MUT has bag duty.

12. Hartigan
    • In Omnia Paratus

Hartigan EDC Junkie!!!

My first was a Leatherman Supertool then PST and Micra. Years later a Skeletool then a Fuse then a Wave in black. My kids got 2 Squirt PS4 and the last is a Style Ps. The Style PS is always in my jacket and the black Wave in my bag.

13. AK Adventurer

AK Adventurer Ice, Ice, Tigre

Well, while I don't consider SAKs multitools, some do, so, my first knife was a SAK knock off, with all the bells and whistles, that my Dad got me as a kid. It got lost, then re-found, then lost again. I found it again several years later, and still have some of the parts out of it.

Then I had a Leatherman PST. Still, have it.
    Stopped carrying it off and on for a while when i carried a Vic Hiker.
    Decided I needed pliers.
    So then I had a custom Vic Hiker with pliers that I built.
    Decided I needed real pliers, and went back to the PST.
    Then carried the PST for a while again.

Stoped and upgraded soon after the Wave came out.
    Carried the wave about a year till I lost it. Thought a visitor had swiped it, but later found it dropped in a odd spot beside some stairs in the house over a year later.

Replaced the then lost Wave with a Vic Spirit that had just come out.
    Been the spirit since, about 5 years now I think.

Am looking a a Crunch, for bigger pliers. Doubt I'll do it though.

G.

14. Lorenzo

Lorenzo Loaded Pockets

Leatherman Wave, signed by Tim Leatherman himself -> simple bare-bones Skeletool.
    As far as I use my MTs, maybe I'll get a Micra for the scissors/forceps and a Victorinox Spirit combo.

15. Aussie_alex

Aussie_alex Empty Pockets

I carry a Juice S2 in my pocket when wearing jeans. Although it is very compact it is "dense" (heavy for it's size) no I won't take it with me unless I am wearing jeans. It is all over the place with lighter fabric. The functionality though is just what I need for 99% of situations I may find myself in.

I wish they would make a version with titanium liners and maybe some other parts in titanium. The S2 weighs in at just above 100g I think and I would like to see it at 60-70g if possible.

16. Brisket

Brisket Loaded Pockets

I started out with various Victorinox knives growing up. I still have my Huntsman and several classics. Like others in the 80's I got the original Gerber hand pincher. It fell out of the sheath and into the toilet once so I tossed in a quarter after it to justify its retrieval. It was a poor investment on my part as it continued to bite the hand that feeds it like a very bad dog. From there I moved on to the original Leatherman, non-biting Gerber (600?), Schrade Tough Clip, SOG Powerplier, SOG Crossgrip & SOG Crosscut, SOG Powerlock, Sebertech, Leatherman Micra, Leatherman Squirt S4, Leatherman Squirt P4, SwissTech 6&1, Gerber Artifact, Spyderco ByrdRench and Leatherman Charge TTi.

I still have most of them but only continue to use a few. Of the larger tools the SOG Powerplier get the most use followed by the LM Charge TTi and ByrdRench. Of the smaller tools the Micra, Squirt P4 and SOG Crossgrip get most of the use.

17. JPHing

JPHing Loaded Pockets

Started with a SAK but lost it, so got a leatherman fuse

18. jp2515

jp2515 Loaded Pockets

Leatherman PST > Skeletool > Wave

19. Montetobuso

Montetobuso Loaded Pockets

I fisrt carried a SAK (i think a Victorinox Picknicker or similar with locking blade) wich i got for my 9th birthday witch i brought with me everywhere. I then switched to a Leatherman sideclip when i was 13, and carried this until a friend borrowed it and lost it. Next up was a LM micra, then came a LM pulse (stolen by carpenters working in the house i was living in at the time), LM kick, and finally a LM new Wave. Three weeks ago my bag tore while checked in as luggage on a flight, and i lost my wave, so now i'm back to the kick :( Have ordered a LM Charge today, and looking forward to its arrival!

20. ohGr

ohGr Loaded Pockets

LM juice S2, LM Surge, MP600 Blunt nose, LM Rebar. In that order