1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Your "Ideal Combo" is ...

Discussion in 'MultiTools and Other Pocket Tools' started by Alan Daly, Aug 10, 2013.

1. Alan Daly

Alan Daly Loaded Pockets

Until recently,I carried a SwissChamp and a SAK Classic.I have since replaced that with my "Ideal Combo" of Swiss Tool Spirit and SAK Compact.The Spirit is not as large /heavy as the the Swiss Tool,but has all the benefits -pliers,drivers,saws etc.The Compact has the little "extras" I use - toothpick,tweezers (for splinters),pin,corkscrew and eye glass screwdriver (as a spectacle wearer!) a straight blade (the Spirit own is serrated),and the hook (opened up I use the Compact as a "coat hanger" on any nail/screw I find on the wall).
    The Spirit I carry in a small pouch on my belt,left hip, and the Compact on a P7 clip in my right jeans pocket.This combination of large/slim multi-tool EDC pretty much covers any eventuality.
    So my question to members is:
    "What is YOUR "Ideal Combo" of EDC tools ...and reasons why?

2. T.H.Cone

T.H.Cone I am senor Fluffy, hear me roar

Endura4 and Solarforce L2P.

Does it count that they are in different catagories?

3. Antithetik
    • In Omnia Paratus

Antithetik EDC Junkie!!!!!

Ideal Any-Day-Combo since nearly 20 years:

- SAK Classic, because of tweezers, toothpick, scissors, carried on keychain
    - Leatherman PST, because of pliers, small package, carried in original leather sheath, belt left
    - Main blade, because of because, switched from Spyderco Goddard Jr. to Small Insingo. Right pocket

[​IMG]

Ideal Suit-Combo: SAK + AAA on P-7
    [​IMG]

4. Ibrahim Sarp Dogan

Ibrahim Sarp Dogan Loaded Pockets

a plier based multitool (st200, crunch etc.) and a folding (solo, compact, endura 4, evo, swisschamp etc.)

5. baja820

baja820 Loaded Pockets

[​IMG]
    One of these three usually.

qqb825, warchild and AK Adventurer like this.
  6. znapschatz

znapschatz Loaded Pockets

I consider all my multi-tools an "ideal combo" and use them just about every day for home and away fixes, choices influenced by what would likely work best on a given day. My default multi-tool is a Charge TTi, mostly serving as standalone but sometimes with accessories. Most of the time, it has the blades and tools I need for the variety of small chores in my life (really big ones need dedicated tools). If I had to pare down, that would be the one to keep, but fortunately, I have options. Often I carry a Super Tool 300 coupled with a Style CS for scissors when I don't know what to expect and want to be prepared for anything. It's a beast that can take on whatever a multi-tool can handle. For casual use, pocketability or just wanting to lighten the load a bit, I'll go with Rebar/CS combo, sometimes a Vic Tinker, Swisschamp or OH Trekker largely because they are a pleasure to use :dance: . No matter what else is on me, a Rambler attached to a Photon Freedom micro light always comes along.

sungame and powerring like this.
  7. Joost Heijnen
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

Joost Heijnen EDC Junkie!!!!!

Vice rambler and some kind of Alox... Pioneer/solo/cadet/electrician

8. scottandrews6

scottandrews6 Loaded Pockets

Acually been using this same setup for the past week lol

9. ItsHardToKnow

ItsHardToKnow Loaded Pockets

i keep it basic - my combo is
    -leatherman wave
    -fenix e05
    -leatherman brewzer

10. 62Tele

62Tele Loaded Pockets

Guess it depends what I'm doing. Wearing slacks, it's a Cadet in my pocket and a Photon on my keys. Day off, a Pioneer and a Peak Eiger on a P7. Better than average day off (ie getting outdoors) lately it's been a Spirit X, a Piranha and a Benchmade 915 Triage in my pockets.

Brandon_4078 likes this.
  11. Rockwell Torrey

Rockwell Torrey Loaded Pockets

My tool box. Has the driver tip attachment. I keep 2 sets of tips in the case and 3 sizes of socket driver adapters.

[​IMG]Uploaded with ImageShack.com

My EDC, even in my underwear knife. Almost all I need for around camp. And covers what the above is missing.

[​IMG]Uploaded with ImageShack.com

12. Stewsquared

Stewsquared Loaded Pockets

How do you like the Brewzer? I'm torn between it and the Gerber Shard. I just want a decent bottle opener and minor prying capability. Think the Fenix E05 and one of those two tools will be my next purchases. I plan to rock a similar setup to you. I like simplicity.

13. ItsHardToKnow

ItsHardToKnow Loaded Pockets

i like the brewzer a lot
    its slim and streamlined (i looked at the two gerbers and found their shape to not fit me well, like the more sleek style).
    Ive opened a fair share of glass bottles with it, lots of cheerwines, root beers, and cokes
    some light prying with it
    and even used it as a flathead once or twice
    and its leatherman :)

powerring likes this.
  14. Stewsquared

Stewsquared Loaded Pockets

Thanks for the insight. That's what I like about it too (sleekness, Leatherman brand). The Shard seems like it might dig into my man-parts if I stick it in my pocket. Plus Shard sounds too much like "Shart". I bet the Brewzer and the E05 would make a nice streamlined combo on a key ring for all my EDC needs. Cheers!

ramjet likes this.
  15. Squarebox
    • In Omnia Paratus

Squarebox Loaded Pockets

For giggles:
    [​IMG]

For me, a good EDC(City) combo would be :
    - LM Wave, Spyderco Delica4/Dragonfly2 and Fenix LD20
    - LM Charge TTI and Fenix LD20

16. 11C1P
    • In Omnia Paratus

11C1P Loaded Pockets

I guess if I were to narrow it down to just 2, I'd take my SOG powerlock and the Swiss army super tinker.

mud80 likes this.
  17. Jramirez9083

Jramirez9083 Loaded Pockets

I'm new to edc so i've been experimenting for a bit. Right now it is a wave with a super tinker. The wave covers pliers, saw, file and bit drivers. The sak covers main blade (the wave's is more of a backup as it seems to me a little of an over kill and the sak's is more people friendly), scissors (better than the leatherman's imo), awl, and toothpick.
    [​IMG]
    It seems like a solid combination to me but, as i said, i'm still experimenting.

18. crackout

crackout Loaded Pockets

Cadet with scissors and an Alox Rambler with 16GB USB drive.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. Joost Heijnen
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

Joost Heijnen EDC Junkie!!!!!

That is one hell of a combination. I like it. ;)

20. sungame

sungame Loaded Pockets

The beauty of a good multitool is that it is a combo all by itself. Therefore, I EDC just one tool, normally my trusty old Pioneer.

When the occasion calls for it, however, I carry one of many combos:
    • For urban travel: Victorinox Pioneer + Leatherman Style CS (mainly for the scissors)
    • Whenever I'm dependent on mechanical equipment (anything from a pair of skis to a 43' sailboat) or on longer journeys: Victorinox Pioneer + Victorinox Swiss Tool
    • On day trips in the woods (hiking, canoeing etc.): Buck 110 + Leatherman Style CS
    • For heavy duty outdoor use: Buck 119 + Victorinox Swiss Tool
    • In Expedition Mode: Buck 119 + Victorinox Swiss Tool + Leatherman Style CS