1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Your First EDC knife?

Discussion in 'Knives' started by Mr BadWrench, Mar 24, 2012.

1. Mr BadWrench

Mr BadWrench Loaded Pockets

I had several SAKs and a few other knives but this knife I carried for almost 3 years.

[​IMG]

This is my first modded knife, I really enjoyed it when I got it but I broke the molded pocket clip off almost immediately. It was the most expensive knife I had ever bought by 2x so this upset me. After I verified it was not of any value as a collectable I sanded the pocket clip off and replaced it with a metal clip off a cheapo truckstop pocket knife.

[​IMG][​IMG]

My current loadout except my keys have been split into 2 rings.
    [​IMG]

2. willydigger

willydigger Loaded Pockets

My first was the Leatherman e33bx. This knife had it all. Screwdriver, bottle opener, combo edge in 154cm, liner lock. Then I wanted something in plain edge. Hundreds of dollars later, the e33bx has been retired to BOB status no longer my EDC.

Real pics.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. mooshi
    • In Omnia Paratus

mooshi Loaded Pockets

Vic Classic. :) Then I had a couple knives here and there, but the main one is the SRM 710. Perfect size, great blade, looks awesome, and best of all, cheap as dirt. :D

4. jacobwilson99

jacobwilson99 Loaded Pockets

Kershaw Chill.

5. Aleister

Aleister Loaded Pockets

My first EDC knife, about 25 years ago, was a noname *butterfly knife (well, two to be exact, one for each hand) and a Victorinox Swisschamp.

*I was a Renegade fan, what can I say... ;D

[video=youtube;s6chaIBUgAE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6chaIBUgAE[/video]

I carried one of those for 6-7 years, handles became almost black from use. Then, one day, I found another one in a shop, purchased it and EDC'd it for 3 more years. I still have them both.

6. bladeblabber

bladeblabber Loaded Pockets

my first edc knife was a cheapo fury "SAK" that my dad bought me when I was 5 years old. I got a lot of use out of that thing. carried it every day from when I was 5 until I was about 9

7. GRH

GRH Loaded Pockets

My first EDC knife was a Gerber LST. I still have it in my knife box! Great knife, but it needs some sharpening. :D

8. JAfromMn

JAfromMn Banned

Coleman westren two blade lockback. I got it as a gift from my dad when I was about ten and carried it for years till I lost it.

9. danbo27

danbo27 Loaded Pockets

Buck 110 lockback

10. stax
    • In Omnia Paratus

stax Loaded Pockets

Buck rigging knife

11. Mumbojumboo
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner

Mumbojumboo EDC Junkie!!!!!

Not my first knife . I didn't really start carrying a knife everyday until middle school or so. And then it was a Gerber lock back that I bought with one of my first pay checks. No way to carry young these days. :(

12. sungame

sungame Loaded Pockets

The first knife I actually EDCed was a huge Victorinox Rucksack that I saved up for when I was about 13 or 14 (I think). I must have EDCed it for more than 10 years before i dropped the knife for a Leatherman Micra.

I still have the Rucksack, even though I have managed to break the awl, and the scales are cracked from dropping the knife on a concrete floor. These days, it lives in my BOB / some day carry bag.

13. gstojinovic

gstojinovic Loaded Pockets

Not exactly first EDC knife, but first knife ever... It's BUCKalike cheapo Chinese knife with backlock I got as a gift when I was 6 or 7 YO

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And I like how this lace throwed a shadow

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. Mr BadWrench

Mr BadWrench Loaded Pockets

My uncle and my grandfather worked for Republic Steel and both of them had "anniversary" knives given to them at work. not sure how old the knives are, I have my uncles knife and I think my cousin has my grandfathers. My uncle is the one that got me into carrying when I was very young, He bought me an original SAK but after my mother refused to let me have it he carried it for years. I finally got it when I was 12 but it had been warn out. He also gave me a small backlock that he had cut his leg open several times trying to close it, Uncle Bill was not fond of locking blades. Im slowly trying to find my collection of SAKs hoping to post here.

15. IMWILSON
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

IMWILSON EDC Wizard

The first knife I carried every day was a Old Timer large stockman. Bought it used for $6.00 from a friend of mine at school. I was in the 7th grade. Carried it till I was around 33 yrs old. Still have it.

16. Wolf427

Wolf427 Loaded Pockets

My first knife that I actually started to EDC, was a Kershaw Volt II. Pretty fantastic knife. Handle is a little thick though, and the clip is funky.

17. greymethod

greymethod Loaded Pockets

SOG Flash II that I bought off of Amazon when I was 16... Thought it was the coolest thing ever until I had to sharpen it. The I lost it in a bar when I was 19.

18. D50boy

D50boy Loaded Pockets

I had a cheapo Chinese "SAK" that was the size of a Vic Classic. It came free in the package with a digital watch. At the time I was more interested in the knife than the watch. I was about 7 if I were to guess. Wish I could say I still had it....... it was in my old room at my parents house which was destroyed in a huge forest fire last Labor Day. :(

19. evolutionglitch
    • In Omnia Paratus

evolutionglitch Loaded Pockets

My first knife that I really carried regularly is probably the Gerber EZ Out. It flicked out so easily, and it was awesome... at the time. :thumbsup:

20. jkwithawave

jkwithawave Loaded Pockets

Gerber FAST Draw.