1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Your Favorite Tactical Travel Bag ?

Discussion in 'EDC Bags' started by Motorman, Oct 6, 2016.

1. Motorman

Motorman Loaded Pockets

What is your favorite?? Tactical is mentioned because I like the look and they are often made with stronger materials. Right now I have a Vanquest Messenger I which I love as a catch all for most small things. Looking for an over-the-shoulder duffle style that has end handles (for making it easier to stow in the overhead bin). Foliage is my favorite color, but would consider urban grey or black combos.

What works for you? Pics are handy.
    Thanks for your help.

2. 343KD

343KD Loaded Pockets

I don't have one yet, but I'm really interested in the Cannae Gear duffle. It looks very solid and has some sweet features.

3. EZDog

EZDog EDC Junkie!!!!!

Maxpedition Fleigerduffel?
    Pretty sure I didn't get that spelling correct but,I got this on sale in O.D. pretty cheap and was not sure what to expect and it turns out this one is a great bag!
    Just check it out,not worth me trying to describe it.

Very heavy duty,easy to load and carry and overall a great Max. Carry on sized duffel!

Blitzwing, My3kidsfather and twin63 like this.
  4. Menlow

Menlow Loaded Pockets

While definitely not tactical, Tom Bihn makes some of the best travel bags you will ever find. Not cheap, but the build quality is on par with the best of them. You might want to take a look and see what you think.

5. GatorMedic

GatorMedic Loaded Pockets

Refactor Tactical ASO bag. I have one in foliage that I keep as a truck bag, and I have one in black that is my travel bag. In fact, I'm using it this weekend on a road trip. More pics and further thoughts on it located in my personal thread. In short, it's a fantastic bag.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Gary Gross, My3kidsfather and twin63 like this.
  6. Motorman

Motorman Loaded Pockets

Great suggestions. The Maxpedition Fleigerduffel looks very interesting and over in friendly.

7. newnan3

newnan3 Loaded Pockets

I have Maxpedition's regular duffle that I love for weekend and 3 day travel trips.

8. HardToHandle

HardToHandle Loaded Pockets

"Refactor Tactical ASO bag" - that's a serious tactical bag. No posing involved there.

-------------

My non tactical colored Gammut Plus is intended not to look tacticool but still carry certain items in moderately tough bag. I like being able to carry various pointy and other items in Velcro backed pouches that are easily removed for commercial air travel.

Otherwise it also filets open on three sides. That is so valuable for packing and accessing on the road.

GatorMedic likes this.
  9. JC807

JC807 Loaded Pockets

I'm taking my Kifaru Large Duffel away with me this weekend. It very basic, but wasn't cheap to buy here in Australia. Feels like it will last me a lifetime though.

10. Ken Watson

Ken Watson Loaded Pockets

That ASO is an awesome looking bag. :censored: this site is painful for my wallet! :eek::)

twin63 and GatorMedic like this.
  11. twin63

twin63 Loaded Pockets

I have the ASO bag and the Fliegerduffel. I don't fly very often, but either would work well as a carry-on (I believe they are both at the max size for that role). I like the Fliegerduffel, but if I was forced to pick one I would pick the ASO. It is a robust, well-designed bag with excellent organization. It excels as a gear bag, but will perform equally well as a travel bag. It's a bit pricey, but the quality is there.

GatorMedic likes this.
  12. EZDog

EZDog EDC Junkie!!!!!

I have sure wanted an ASO bag since seeing them but I paid about 1/3 the price for the Maxped so I am happy.

twin63 likes this.
  13. twin63

twin63 Loaded Pockets

The Fliegerduffel is no slouch. It's a solid bag and was a steal at the sale price I paid. I tend to use mine as a travel bag. I'm very pleased with it.

14. Caleb

Caleb Loaded Pockets

I've got the large Kif duffel bag too and love it. I've just quit checking it in because I've recently had a Pelican Case and some cheap Swiss Gear luggage(tough though) get destroyed, and I would take it much harder if my Kif gear got damaged. That said, it's got about 50 trips under it's belt and still looks relatively new. I don't think anyone chooses their Cordura like Kifaru does. Another great looking duffel that I don't own is the Tom Bihn Yeoman. It comes in coyote and olive drab and they've got 3 new sizes. Other than that I usually also carry a SpecOps THE Pack in foliage. Super tactical!

JC807 likes this.
  15. battlestage

battlestage Loaded Pockets

The ASO really is a great bag. When I got mine in hand I was pleasantly surprised at how much I liked it. I ended up selling it however. It was an impulse buy that never saw use.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

16. matt86

matt86 Loaded Pockets

Not really a bag but I've been using a Pelican 1510 carryon as my luggage and then a GoRuck Echo to accompany that with my laptop.

17. Novix

Novix Loaded Pockets

The 5.11 range bag is a good option too, as it doesn't have to be strictly for the range. It might be a little on the small side depending on what you carry.

Peace