1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Your favorite, pocket clip enabled multitool?

Discussion in 'MultiTools and Other Pocket Tools' started by BellyUpFish, Feb 1, 2014.

1. AK Adventurer

AK Adventurer Ice, Ice, Tigre

Ah, nope, the new Wave doesn't have them, but the new Surge does. :)

The Wave with a clip, or ever the Surge(although the Surge is so bloody heavy) with a clip IS a good option! They are a lower ridding clip than the others, sit lower in the pocket, and are great tool load outs. I alternate between a Wave based Mod clipped in my front pocket, and a Wingman(also modded) that I belt clip. :cool:

I never belt clip the Wave though, because technically the clip is not bolted to the tool, it just clips into it.... I don't trust it 100%.

2. hawkeye180

hawkeye180 Loaded Pockets

I have a Leatherman Sidekick and I really like it. Especially because I bought it for 20 bucks!

I wish they would make the juice with a pocket clip, I would carry it in a pocket every day.

3. reppans

reppans Loaded Pockets

Vic Spirit X w/ Clipdraw stick-on clip for me.

4. znapschatz

znapschatz Loaded Pockets

Clip equipped Charge TTi for me, mostly carry it in a belt pouch, sometimes in pocket, but while working with it I like the option of pocketing the thing. It carries well in both modes.

5. EZDog

EZDog EDC Junkie!!!!!

OK so tell EXACTLY how the scissors or any MT at all is good for Wire Ties?

I took the Wingman back because the scissors were simply worthless to me? They would not cut ties to unbundle at all and it is hard to get close enough to trim new ones too.

There is just no tool better than a small pair of cutters for this and if not using the right tool the ties look silly and perform badly for me all the way around.

Don't get me wrong,I love my MTs of all kinds but they have not yet come up with any MT that will let me leave the diagonals at home.

AK Adventurer likes this.
  6. AK Adventurer

AK Adventurer Ice, Ice, Tigre

*shrug* I guess maybe you got a lemon, if there was something wrong with the scissors construction or edge? Both of my Wingman scissors sets came with tight fit jaws/edges, and were razor sharp right from the start.

Sorry you had trouble, but they work great for me, slip the lower jaw under the tie between a couple wires, and cut, it snips right through. Will even do the big 1/4" wide suckers we use for utility ties at construction sites with a tad more pressure, although I tend to use the wire cutters for those, I'm sure the scissors would work.

This might depend on the type of work for access in getting the multi close to the bundle at a good angle. When I do wire ties, I'm usually building new wiring harnesses in/under truck dashes, or in engine bays, or cutting old harnesses out of vehicles.

It just works for me.

On the flip side, I have a hard time with side cutters. They're Thick jawed and hard to even even fit between wires in a bundle, or to slip under a tie without scraping or nipping a wire. I'd rather have scissors or just use a knife blade, they're much thinner.

YMMV, I guess. :cool:

7. NutSAK

NutSAK Loaded Pockets

I use side cutters for this, but I rarely try to insert it between the wires and the tie. All you have to do is cut off the square end of the tie, and the tie separates every time. The only time I don't use this method is if the square end isn't accessible.

AK Adventurer likes this.