1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Your favorite Leatherman

Discussion in 'MultiTools and Other Pocket Tools' started by Michael Rivera, Sep 7, 2012.

1. Russ Prechtl

Russ Prechtl EDC Junkie!!!!!

Wave here too. Micra on the keychain if the Mini Champ SAK isn't being carried.

2. valhalla

valhalla Loaded Pockets

I was a Wave guy forever. I carried a Wingman for months. I just picked up a used Charge ALX for $20. That made me happy! I've got a Squirt and two Styles. I've got a Super Tool as well as a PST. The PST I've had since they came out and it holds a reserved spot in my collection forever. All that said, to be honest my favorite all time Leatherman is without a doubt The Skeletool CX....and I've never owned one. I've had two or three "normal" Skellies and they have been the most comfy to use while having the smallest footprint of all the larger MTs I've used. Design perfection or darn close to it. New job doesnt demand a MT like my last but there have been times I've needed one and always have one of some sort in my bag. I will pick up a Skelly CX sometime soon and will wear, use, abuse, and treasure that puppy....All time fave.

CitizenSnips likes this.
  3. warchild
    • Memoria in Aeterna
    • In Omnia Paratus

warchild Eternal Pockets

I have 3, but my original Wave is my favorite of all time hands down. Been through 3 belt pouches for it. and it's seen me through some stuff it really shouldn't have.

4. mikey

mikey Banned

My fav is the Charge AL. :)

5. Chinese Buffet

Chinese Buffet Loaded Pockets

These are my two favs. right now...

[​IMG]

If I really had to pick one, I would have to go with the Surge.

CB

Dr. Bahn and baja820 like this.
  6. JPHing

JPHing Loaded Pockets

LM Skeletool.

[​IMG]

7. iplaysthedrums

iplaysthedrums Loaded Pockets

I started with a Blast. It was nice, though a little bulkier than I cared for. Then I picked up a Sidekick, and hated it. It never felt right in my pocket or my hands. So I did some research, and decided to get a PST. Loved it, used it every day. I just wished it had some more tools. I picked up a Juice CS4, thinking it would fill the gap. I didnt much care for that either, so now I'm back to the PST. I might try out the PST II if I can get my hands on one. Also like the look of the rebar.

8. CitizenSnips

CitizenSnips Loaded Pockets

Wave, it's the everyman's toolbox. It's (kinda) in my EDC work rotation, when the Spirit isn't immediately on hand on a day when I've woken up late for work and don't have time to hunt for it....

9. Nick4305
    • In Omnia Paratus

Nick4305 EDC Junkie!!!!!

Micra or Squirt Ps4 on keychain, Juice S2 always on me.
    ST 300 in waist bag or slinger everyday, Crunch in the car-bag and when out of home more than 2 days. The Xe6 is in my mind too, but i'll wait for the right auction 'cos i think it's still too much expensive, and i'm getting cash apart for a Charge TTi. Nothing about the OHT, i don't like sliding pliers.

10. ty_higg

ty_higg Loaded Pockets

My wave has taken the favorite spot in my collection.

11. znapschatz

znapschatz Loaded Pockets

There are 7 in my EDC rotation, winnowed down over years of quite a few candidates from Leatherman and other makes. They get used for different purposes, and I like them all, but my default multi-tool is a Charge TTi. Most of the time, it's the right one to have with me and the more I use it, the more impressed I am with its capabilities. But I have to admit, when the :censored: (has happened a few times), I'll opt for my Super Tool 300 instead. Sometimes there is no substitute for mass.

12. wave180

wave180 Loaded Pockets

Charge AL for me.

13. azpops

azpops Loaded Pockets

[​IMG]

One day when we get ourselves back on a contact / work. I'd like tp buy me one of them one handed Leathermens.

Dr. Bahn likes this.
  14. Katjang1

Katjang1 Loaded Pockets

The Mut because it's such a beast!

15. Freman

Freman Loaded Pockets

Charge TTi on my belt, Squirt PS4 on my keyring.

Kick and Supertool 300 in my knife box.

Nick4305 likes this.
  16. Ibrahim Sarp Dogan

Ibrahim Sarp Dogan Loaded Pockets

17. gstojinovic

gstojinovic Loaded Pockets

Tried quite few of them... Need to say sticked w/skele and keychain ones.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

18. IMightBeWrong

IMightBeWrong Loaded Pockets

My current favorite is the Rebar. If the replaceable cutters make their way to more models I'm sure this will change. I'd love a Charge with the Rebar style head!

powerring likes this.
  19. bcWRX-02

bcWRX-02 Loaded Pockets

I only own the wave but have handled most of the current offerings. Bang for the buck I think the Wave is the best. Just ordered a pocket clip and bit kit for it so hopefully that will increase it's pocket time (it's too heavy for loose pocket carry, and I'm not a belt sheath guy). The Skeletool CX will be my next LM purchase; love the simplicity, feels good in the hand, light weight, and has the tools I use my Wave for 90% of the time.

20. znapschatz

znapschatz Loaded Pockets

Loving the Rebar too, but I still prefer the rounded plier jaws on earlier Leatherman models. There is only a slight difference, but I find the new ones don't provide the fine needlenose touch sometimes needed. In 17 years of Leathermanship with about a dozen full to medium size samples, I have only had to dress wire cutters once, so for me, the replaceable cutters are a worthwhile but not compelling feature. The newer pliers look tough, but I never broke any of the others.