1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Your favorite Leatherman

Discussion in 'MultiTools and Other Pocket Tools' started by Michael Rivera, Sep 7, 2012.

1. jds1

jds1 Loaded Pockets

My most used LM is my P4.

Jeff

2. EXCALIBUR

EXCALIBUR Loaded Pockets

My favorite LM would have to be the Squirt PS4. It EDC's on my keychain and goes with me everywhere.

Last edited by EXCALIBUR, Sep 25, 2012
  3. streak

streak Loaded Pockets

OHT looks like a nice tool.
    What are you waiting for, looks like its available from a few vendors!!

4. jericanman

jericanman Loaded Pockets

my favorite Leatherman is.....

most likely the first one i buy,

dont own one yet but i have a juice on my shopping list :)

5. Dale

Dale Loaded Pockets

6. Black Helmet
    • In Omnia Paratus

Black Helmet Loaded Pockets

Really like my supertool 300 (more than my wave)..... Very interested in checking out an OHT.

7. mikey

mikey Banned

Not sure what my fav is yet! I havent owned or played with the ones I have enough to tell. I have the Juice s2, Wave, Blast, and Sidekick but thinking about going to either a ST300 or the Rebar (I like this one). I also have a Charge AL coming soon but not here yet!

I am still trying to find the best one or two for me! :)

8. Sriracha

Sriracha Loaded Pockets

My favorite is the OG Wave and Micra!! Because it is the only Leatherman product that hasnt broken on me.

9. Dale

Dale Loaded Pockets

Um so you have broken every leatherman MT ever made except for these two ?

10. Aleister

Aleister Loaded Pockets

For some reason, my gray Juice XE6... Not my pink XE6 (which is far more beautiful), not my orange S2 or gray S2 (which are better for light EDC), not one of my TTis (with the great pliers and blades), not the huge "unbreakable " Surge, not my Skeletool CX with the very good blade and all the essentials, not my Freestyle who covers both my "important" tools (knife and pliers), not my ultra-light PSTs...

For some *strange psychological reason, my gray XE6 helps me "feel" like I can do anything, just like my Vic SwissChamp does.

*Not so strange, my gray XE6 (as my SwissChamp at another time), was in my pocket during some times that having it really mattered. And it created an anchor to my brain, XE6 = solution to whatever comes. But I like the anchor and leave it there :p

Dale likes this.
  11. znapschatz

znapschatz Loaded Pockets

How strange! My experience has been just the opposite. Since 1996, a fair number of Leathermen have come in and out of my possession, every one out of the box right and tight, worked like a champ, and with the exception of a CS4 I over-stressed (really my fault, fixed no charge by LT warranty), held up just fine. A mystery, yes?

The odd part is that some people seem to have no luck with Leathermen :mad: while other have it all :dance: . Is it possible that the answer to this phenomenon lies in the occult? Maybe we will have to investigate whether good Leatherman tools are attracted to a better sort of person while evil Leathermen are drawn to the others. Or maybe vice versa. ;)

nw1911guy likes this.
  12. blunto

blunto Loaded Pockets

I have one of the almost original Leatherman Supertools that I got from Cabela's around 1994 or 1995. It's in really good shape, but I don't carry it alot since it's a lot heavier than the "modern" ones. It is a little tricky to unlock the tools and fold them back up. Thankfully they improved that design along the way.
    [​IMG]
    Originally the Leatherman tools were available only thru Cabelas, since they were the first store to sell them. I seem to remember reading an interesting little history about them a while back. There was no market for them at all until somehow Cabela's featured them in their catalogs.

13. znapschatz

znapschatz Loaded Pockets

Compared to the current larger Leathermen, the original Super Tool is actually lightest in weight at 9 oz. Its successor, the Core, weighed in at over 10 Oz., as does the ST 300. Even the mid-sized Wave is only a half ounce lighter. In addition, it had a slimmer profile which fit my hand just right. I liked mine, carried it almost every day for 9 years, but have to admit that unlocking routine was awkward and potentially unsafe. Eventually I switched to a Charge TTi, plus a few more, and have found happiness at last (until something better comes along;)) .

Last edited by znapschatz, Nov 21, 2012
  14. e2dwml

e2dwml Loaded Pockets

I have an original Wave. Just put it in the mail yesterday to get serviced. It's been through some tough times and served me well. I thought about getting a Charge TTi. But couldn't bring myself to retire the Wave. My Micra gets a lot of use too. The scissors come in so handy!

15. thatotherguy

thatotherguy EDC Junkie!!!!!

Right now (well, since October 2009) my favorite multitool (period) is the ST300. I've used the crap out of the thing and haven't broken it yet. It's been with me pretty much wherever I go, from Ohio to Florida, West Virginia to Missouri, everywhere in between and a few other states I can't remember at the moment. In fact, I have it on my belt right now, just sitting in my recliner at home.

16. Austin Grimes

Austin Grimes Loaded Pockets

I got the original Super Tool back when I was in Boy Scouts in 96 or 97. I got a Charge TTi a few years ago, and it has been awesome. I don't know how life works without one - I've lost two TTi's and am on my third. I realize that's pretty dang expensive, but this is a tool for life - once you have one, you never want to leave the house without it. I love Leatherman as a company, too.

[​IMG]

17. Revi138

Revi138 Loaded Pockets

Got a wave and I absolutely love it. Only surpassed by my squirt ES4, and then only when I'm doing electrical work :)

18. Fabregas485
    • In Omnia Paratus

Fabregas485 Loaded Pockets

The warrenty :p

19. Rrrino43

Rrrino43 Loaded Pockets

i have a supertool(carried on my utility duty belt) and supertool200(stays in the glovebox) and a black wave(always attached on my moab6) that i bought myself as the other 2 was given to me by my employer.Out of the 3 the wave is my favourite only because its smaller and perfect for edc.Perhaps a squirt or ps will be in my sights soon.

20. Sarky

Sarky Loaded Pockets

For most of my adult life I've used cheap (but adequate, to be fair) multitools, and a SAK. I've just recently become interested enough in Leathermans to buy them (by a strange coincidence, at about the time I joined here!). I can't justify buying the more expensive ones at the moment, especially with Christmas coming up, but I've bought the Waveman, Freestyle, and Style CS.

I think they're all great tools. The Wingman has a great set of features for the money, and I think the Freestyle and Style CS both look fantastic. I do wish the Freestyle had the bottle-opening carbiner, so I'll probably be hunting down a cheap Skeletool after Christmas.

Of the 3 I have, my favourite is probably the Style CS, as it has a UK legal carry blade and is easily EDC'able.

powerring likes this.