1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Your favorite Leatherman

Discussion in 'MultiTools and Other Pocket Tools' started by Michael Rivera, Sep 7, 2012.

1. mikey

mikey Banned

That is a big part of my decision process was the ability to interchange the accessories so I didnt have to purchase two sets of bits and two extenders! :D

Thanks for the input and I did decide to send the s2 in to Leatherman to see if they can do anything with it. It is packed up and ready to go out tomorrow!

2. colt 1911

colt 1911 Loaded Pockets

I slip it in the elastic on the side.

Dale likes this.
  3. nuphoria

nuphoria Loaded Pockets

Can't give a definitive answer to this.... small PS4, medium KF4, large Charge TTi.

There are a few others I'm crazy about too, but that's a start! :D

4. Doright1011

Doright1011 Loaded Pockets

I carry a Charge Tti ( 2 actually, one at work, one at home ). My favourite Leatherman was a birthday gift from a buddy at school. Not sure of the model but it's now in use with my brother.
    I do fancy a MUT utility. Any views on this one?..?

5. gcconspiracy

gcconspiracy Loaded Pockets

IMHO the bit extension and bit kit are must haves when it comes to the wave! They are used almost daily in my experience.

6. powerring
    • In Omnia Paratus

powerring Loaded Pockets

Sentimentally, my favorite is my very first multitool, a Micra I received as a gift from my wife. I really like the Style CS and the old Squirt S4 also.

7. mikey

mikey Banned

I agree with that! I see you have a different pouch. Will the bits fit into the stock pouch that comes with the Wave?

8. colt 1911

colt 1911 Loaded Pockets

Works, but it is way tight. Extension fits on the side.

9. rdisom

rdisom Loaded Pockets

I carry a Squirt P4 or Style on my key ring at all times. I also carry a Wingman when I am not working, Wave when I am working. The Wave is in a Leatherman sheath with bit kit, bit extender and a Streamlight Micro. I also have the old Wave with bit adapter, but it is out of the rotation at the moment. Have a Freestyle stashed in my beach backpack. They are all my favorite after using a "blood blister Gerber" for a couple of years.

10. FortySix&2

FortySix&2 Banned

11. Alistair Hammond

Alistair Hammond Loaded Pockets

My Black Wave. Love the tool, hate the knife laws that stop me EDC'ing it. (And I lost my bit set as well. :( )
    [​IMG]

12. sungame

sungame Loaded Pockets

The Wave is my favorite Leatherman, because I find it the perfect compromise between weight/bulk and usefulness, and also between good pliers and a decent knife.

Although the new Wave is superior to the old one in many small but important ways, I really like the old one, because of how it changed the entire concept of plier based multi tools. Forever, and definitely for the better!

If I have to choose from the Leathermen I actually own, I pick the Style CS. This is the smallest possible tool that is still of any use to me, and, oh, is that thing useful!

13. Ludwell01

Ludwell01 Loaded Pockets

My favourite Leatherman is a Gerber...

[​IMG]

;D

Having said that I'm rather taken by the Style CS.

14. colt 1911

colt 1911 Loaded Pockets

I have the Gerber 400, tried it for months, and it just made me hate it more! Not to dog you on your tool but I would take a wingman over the Gerber 400 anyday .

15. Ludwell01

Ludwell01 Loaded Pockets

I'm just messing around.

I really don't need a multi tool in my life and the Gerber was standard issue at one of my previous employs. They gave it to me when I left, which was nice. So on the occasion when an MT is the way to go it works well enough.

16. UrbanWarrior

UrbanWarrior Loaded Pockets

Leatherman New Wave for me. I've had it about four years. It is always with me. I used to keep it on me when I'm working in the yard but I now use a Husky brand multi tool that I got two pack of them on Clearence about 6 months ago.

17. Sarky

Sarky Loaded Pockets

I just bought a Wingman today, my first and only Leatherman. I already have the Paul Chen MT which has great cutters on it, but fancied one with decent pliers. I very rarely use multitools and am far from well off at the moment, so I couldn't really justify buying one of the more tasty looking Leathermans.

Quick question: It's my understanding the Wingman is a budget offering from Leatherman, but how would you say the quality differs from their more expensive MT's? Is there a big difference or would you say the Leatherman quality is pretty much there? I don't recall ever handling a Leatherman before so I've no idea.

18. powerring
    • In Omnia Paratus

powerring Loaded Pockets

I wouldn't say it feels as robust as a Wave, but given the price differential, it's close enough. I have a Wave, a Rebar, a ST300, a Juice S2, a Blast, and a couple of Kicks (not to mention several Swisstool Spirits, some Gerbers, etc.) but I carry the Wingman more than all of the other Leatherman tools. I've pushed it several times at this point and it hasn't failed me yet. It has the tools I need, especially the OHO blade and scissors (and doggone it, I like the springy pliers). ;)

Sarky likes this.
  19. Sarky

Sarky Loaded Pockets

Thanks, that's good to hear. I like the springy pliers too :D

20. Lannister
    • In Omnia Paratus

Lannister Loaded Pockets

MUT because of what I do. I will admit to be lusting for the Charge Ti. For the Keychain, I love the Style PS