1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Your favorite Leatherman

Discussion in 'MultiTools and Other Pocket Tools' started by Michael Rivera, Sep 7, 2012.

1. Flying Dutchman

Flying Dutchman Loaded Pockets

Charge TTi for me. Also like the Skeletool CX a lot for light duty carry

2. smashie

smashie Loaded Pockets

I retired my '99 wave and replaced it with a new wave, I got rid of the new wave because I didn't like the increase in size and weight over the original.

July this year the good lady bought me a Surge (I know bigger and heavier), for some reason I prefer it to the New Wave :eek:

I've got a micra which may well go back on the key chain and a rebar may well be in my near future.

3. Dale

Dale Loaded Pockets

OOPS!! 1 sec...

Last edited by Dale, Sep 9, 2012
  4. Dale

Dale Loaded Pockets

5. rickboone

rickboone Loaded Pockets

I recently scored a kick and micra. I happened upon a good deal on them, sans sheath....hope I can come across one soon enough. I was in the market for a "vintage" say 90's Leatherman. They were going for stupid copious amounts of cash. I'm glad I got this one. There was another, maybe a wave? I saw it the other day. However, when I compared the tools, there really wasn't much I didn't have or wanted. The Micra is pretty cool. I had a Schrade w/ scissors and never used it hardly so wasn't thrilled about the Micra. Wrong answer there. I love this little thing. VERY well made, for sure. I would like to have one that can use bits, or at least some sort of pocket ratchet of some sort.

6. rickboone

rickboone Loaded Pockets

what case is that?

7. Dale

Dale Loaded Pockets

It's a Maxpedition Single Sheath

8. Trouthunter

Trouthunter Loaded Pockets

This is my favorite of all tools. I have carefully removing signs of use.
    [​IMG]

Bikeracer77 and Dale like this.
  9. Paulie Walnuts

Paulie Walnuts Loaded Pockets

I carried the Wave for a while, then bought the Charge Tti....There is nothing else I can upgrade to. The charge is the best that I am aware of. I like the Juice, but have heard they they scratch too easy...

10. mikey

mikey Banned

I have been thinking about this topic for quite some time and recently (still being shipped to me) went ahead and bought the Surge and Wave with the extra bits and bit extender. I didnt think about the bit extender not being able to use the Leatherman flat bits with it so what do I use?

Did I make a mistake by getting a Surge?
    Why doesnt the bit extender not made for extending the Leatherman bits that either come with some MT's or we get seperately?

Thx.
    :D

11. KB3UBW

KB3UBW Loaded Pockets

I have no personal experience, so I might be wrong, but I have heard the the leatherman bits do work in the extender...

12. Trouthunter

Trouthunter Loaded Pockets

The bit extender does take the Leatherman Bits as well as standard HEX bits.

bzimmerly likes this.
  13. FUTBOL26

FUTBOL26 Loaded Pockets

The first leatherman I had gotten was a ST300 this past Christmas and I love it! A few weeks ago I had got a micra for pocket carry and I love both of them! I never leave the house without at least one!

14. herosemblem

herosemblem Loaded Pockets

Love my Wave. It replaced my Charge Al, which I just sold for $45 or so.

15. hiljentaa

hiljentaa Loaded Pockets

Squirt S4.

Bring it back, Leatherman (with the Micra's bottle opener shape)!

16. mikey

mikey Banned

When I initially tried to put them into the extender, they didnt fit but after playing around with it alittle more, they do fit! :D

So what does everyone think of the Surge/Wave set? Is that a good combo to have? My plan is to carry the Wave daily and put the Surge in a bag. I dont hear too many comments from anyone talking about the Surge as a good/bad tool so looking for some feedback. If I need to return it, I can do so and get something else so please post some pro's/con's about the Surge if you own one.

I picked up a Juice s2 here on the forum and dont think I will keep it so gonna replace it with the Wave. It was used but I dont like that it is kinda loose and very hard to close. I have pinched my thumb twice and fore finger once, just trying to close it while trying to play around with it. Something is not right with it as I owned them before and never had this much problems trying to close it up.

17. znapschatz

znapschatz Loaded Pockets

Carried the way you intend, your outfit is right about ideal, IMHO. A big advantage is that accessories between the two are interchangeable. Within the limitations of pliers based multi-tools, there is :censored: little you can't handle with this set-up.

No problem on the S2. Leatherman warranty service seems to be based on the tool, not the owner. Send it to them for a free repair

18. gcconspiracy

gcconspiracy Loaded Pockets

I've been EDCing a Wave for about 6 months, and couldn't be happier. I don't see myself upgrading any time soon.

19. colt 1911

colt 1911 Loaded Pockets

Wave and bit extension[/IMG][​IMG]

Bishop Kenobi likes this.
  20. Dale

Dale Loaded Pockets

just a question... now looking at it. It doesnt look to me as if the screwdriver will close with the bit extension in it. That looks like a maxpedition single sheath. Where do you stow the extention ?