1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Your favorite Leatherman

Discussion in 'MultiTools and Other Pocket Tools' started by Michael Rivera, Sep 7, 2012.

1. fkmtb07

fkmtb07 Loaded Pockets

Each one of my compact bicycle repair kits (one lives on each of my bikes) contains a Squirt PS4. There is a New Wave in each of my wife's and my hurricane preparedness/evacuation bags and another in my truck. My EDC bag's toolkit contains a Skeletool CX. So, I'd say it's a tossup between the Wave, PS4, and Skeletool CX. Lately I've really been digging the CX though. Such a high quality minimalist MT.

2. JPHing

JPHing Loaded Pockets

At the moment my sidekick.
    Customized with wingman parts/tools so now does not have any useless tools (for me)

3. KnightBanshee

KnightBanshee Loaded Pockets

My Juice S2 by far has to be my favorite for EDC, although I'd like to get a bigger one (maybe a Charge?) in my EDC bag. My juice S2 is always in my pocket and I've used it from clearing a nasty paper jam on a printer at work, getting out fish hooks while fishing, to repairing a light socket! I use it quite often!! It's come in handy many times and "saved the day" according to some people who've needed to borrow it.
    It small enough to go with me everywhere without being bulky or bothersome yet big enough to get the job done (most of the time)
    I've had it around 6 years.

4. comis

comis Loaded Pockets

It's gonna be Charge, I started collect different version of them and although I no longer edc them, I plan to continue collecting them in the future:

[​IMG]

Top Left, clockwise: Charge AL, Charge TTi(Asia?), Charge TTi(US), Charge TTi(Cabella)

Nick4305 and Dr. Bahn like this.
  5. Brandon_4078

Brandon_4078 Loaded Pockets

Crunch and Es4, although I don't have these yet they are the only two I want... I'm more of a Victorinox guy I suppose lol

6. Gr3G

Gr3G Loaded Pockets

Probably my Custom Wave, with a 154CM blade and the Gut Hook serated blade of an ALX, I will probably throw on the head of a Rebar once I modify the scissors, and finally I might cerakote the scales to be desert digital...
    [​IMG]

7. pumpmaster

pumpmaster Loaded Pockets

I've had a bunch but must admit I love my Wingman. Spring loaded pliers are the best, and there's just something about the shape/finish of the Wingman that makes me want to handle it even when not in use.
    My OHT is another favorite, once again the spring loaded pliers moving it up on my list.

8. robbyy

robbyy Loaded Pockets

I recently bought a Wave and had a Wingman given to me. I actually like the Wingman better than the Wave. Granted they are 2 different tools for 2 different price points, but the Wingman has a better feel and seems to be a better choice for edc if you are not going to wear the belt sheath.
    The wave feels like it is all sharp corners. The build quality is slightly better on the wave.

Sarky likes this.
  9. robbyy

robbyy Loaded Pockets

I really want a Charge Ti, but every time I try to pull the trigger on amazon I hear a voice in my head saying "Do you really need another Multi-tool?".
    I have had a bunch over the years, and still use my original PST but I love my Skeletool. On its own or with a bit kit it has everything I need and the weight is negligible. Very strange design that just sort of works. I had to adjust the tension on the blade a bit, but has been a pretty nice addition to my kit.

10. charlesmc2

charlesmc2 Empty Pockets

I alternate between a Wave and Wingman. I am old enough (62) to consider my evolving carry modes. From the time I was in third grade I carried a pocket knife to school. Consider this was rural NE Texas. I saved my money to purchase a boy scout knife. I got the one that included a phillips head driver. That was my constant companion for years. It acquired quite a patina because of sweat, but daily use kept it relatively rust free. The worst that ever happened to it was a notch burned out of it testing a 120 v cable that was supposed to be inactive! Back then I began hearing folks talk about carrying needle nose pliers in addition to your pocket knife. Think about it--a Scout knife plus needle nose pliers equals a Leatherman. Needless to say I bought the first Leatherman I ever saw. I accumulated at least a dozen over the years since--including a compact model that folded in the middle.

Charles

11. swany66675
    • In Omnia Paratus

swany66675 Loaded Pockets

Leatherman charge ti that's a discontinued model no scissors two interchangeable bits and came with a bit kit. It was a gift from the family, and the first Ti I ever flame anodized.
    [​IMG]

The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep.

Last edited by swany66675, Aug 18, 2013
    Nick4305 likes this.
  12. tattoo13

tattoo13 Loaded Pockets

Wave is my choice if I could have only one.
    I like my squirt too.

13. znapschatz

znapschatz Loaded Pockets

Charge TTi, but I wouldn't want to give up my Super Tool 300 or Rebar. Each has its place.

14. Rockwell Torrey

Rockwell Torrey Loaded Pockets

Supertool and enough extras to fill a small tool box.[​IMG]Uploaded with ImageShack.com

Nick4305 and Dr. Bahn like this.
  15. Airsoftgun99

Airsoftgun99 Empty Pockets

My wave is on me at all times. Even if I have my Shard in my pocket, the Wave is there. It is so very useful, especially for the various shows I have worked on for crew. The one and only thing is the weight...

16. Blade9876
    • In Omnia Paratus

Blade9876 Loaded Pockets

Hey all, just my 2 cents but there are so many great Leatherman tools it's really tough to pick a favorite. I probably use my sidekick the most...I have a Wave...another really old model, not sure what the name of it is...but if I have to pick a fav...it would go to the lowly "brewzer"...a $9 tool that my pals didn't know existed...but came in really handy at a tailgate party and was the talk of the weekend...cheers all!!!

17. Blade9876
    • In Omnia Paratus

Blade9876 Loaded Pockets

Just another thought for a thread...what's thw weirdest use you ever had for a leatherman?

18. angusW

angusW EDC Junkie!!!

For work its usually a BO Surge and a modded Squirt PS4.

19. SAKoutdoors101312

SAKoutdoors101312 Loaded Pockets

I have the kick as well as the wave. Honestly, I prefer the kick for everyday carry on my person. However, the wave rides in my edc bag. Both are solid tools. I am not sure if my next purchase will be the rebar or ST300.

20. fadepoint89

fadepoint89 Loaded Pockets

Leatherman Wingman is my favorite.
    [​IMG]

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 4