1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Your favorite Leatherman

Discussion in 'MultiTools and Other Pocket Tools' started by Michael Rivera, Sep 7, 2012.

1. Michael Rivera

Michael Rivera Empty Pockets

Over the years I have built up a little collection of Leatherman multi-tools. It all started when I was about 18 and a friend of mine bought me my first Leatherman, not sure which model it is but I've had it for about 13 years. About 7 or 8 years ago when my dad and I had our own vending machine business I got a Leatherman Charge. And in the time we owned the business the charge has been indispencible. It was there for me when I had to open up cases of product for my machines or if I needed a tool for machine maintenance the Charge is a valuable tool. Then 2 years ago I got a Leatherman wingman. My first reaction was that this was a great tool, but after some use of the Wingman there were some things I do not like about it. Although it is a very useful tool, I don't like how the flat head and Phillips head screwdrivers were chromed. The chrome might make it look cool but when in use the chrome screwdrivers make it hard to keep from slipping, the rest of the tools were very handy to have. The next Leatherman on my list is a Juice Xe6 I would just like to have something nice and neat to carry in the pocket. And I have to confess I also have my eye on the Leatherman OHT. I would be very interested in hearing what you like to carry.

2. Blair

Blair Loaded Pockets

Surge + Crunch

Love both of them.

3. KAMM
    • In Omnia Paratus

KAMM Loaded Pockets

[​IMG]
    PURPLE RAIN!

Love it. It's perfect for what I do.

4. Syclone

Syclone Loaded Pockets

Skeletool CX 154cm blade and only the things I absolutely need.

[​IMG]

gbv5501 and Walt like this.
  5. IMightBeWrong

IMightBeWrong Loaded Pockets

My favorite is my old P4 for sentimental reasons. I also love the Juice line.

6. xbanker
    • Administrator

xbanker Geriatric Admin
    Staff Member

Keychain: either the Squirt PS4 or the indestructible Micra; switch 'em when the whim strikes. Small kit in Jeep's center console: Juice. Larger vehicle kit: 17-year-old Super Tool. Sitting on the shelf: NIB Super Tool 300. On to-buy list for something more substantial than Squirt/Micra in pocket: Skeletool CX.

7. ac7ss
    • In Omnia Paratus

ac7ss Loaded Pockets

My fist LM is a Surge (provided by my employer), Very heavy, but also packed. (I have the extra-deluxe bit set and the pocket clip for it as well.)

I found a Micra that now lives on my keychain. I plan on removing the blade so that it is TSA friendly.

But my favorite is my Skeletool in red with a serrated blade. As above, just what I need most of the time, no more, and very light.

I have my eye on a MUTT...

8. IMightBeWrong

Which Juice in the Jeep? The CS4?

9. mole

mole EDC Junkie!!!!!

super tool 300 - in black like all the things i like. feels very much like "here to stay" in my hand.:playfull:

72hours likes this.
  10. xbanker
    • Administrator

xbanker Geriatric Admin
    Staff Member

That's a roger! :)

11. AK Adventurer

AK Adventurer Ice, Ice, Tigre

Stock tools, Surge, then wave, then Wingman
    Custom; My Improviser Surge.

12. IMightBeWrong

Glad to hear it's got it's place!

13. znapschatz

znapschatz Loaded Pockets

Tough question. Over many years I have gone through a number of them, keeping only a few that suited me. These are a Super Tool 300, Charge Tti, Rebar, Juice S2, Style CS, Style PS and Micra, each filling a particular niche. I would have to say my favorite Leatherman is the one I have with me at a given time. If I could keep only one, it would have to be the Charge, but only because I have a modded awl for it. That means enough to me that if I couldn't have it awl ;) , I would go with the ST300 instead, or maybe the Rebar, depending on how well it holds up to serious use. I haven't had it long enough to really wring it out, as yet.

But I like them all and glad I don't have to make those choices.

14. Edamhcneb
    • In Omnia Paratus

Edamhcneb Loaded Pockets

Super tool 300 without a doubt.

72hours likes this.
  15. KB3UBW

KB3UBW Loaded Pockets

The Wave for right now, but soon Im going to swap out some parts and then send it to Jeff for some Ceracoating

16. Cobra4246
    • In Omnia Paratus

Cobra4246 Loaded Pockets

I have 2 the Charge in black and the Skeletool CX 154cm blade

17. MadManBro

MadManBro Loaded Pockets

My favorite would have be the Juice XE6. No good reason other than it is my first and only Leatherman ... so far.
    Actually it's my first and only multi-tool unless my SAK Rucksack counts.
    The SAK rocks BTW!

18. thekapow

thekapow EDC Junkie!!!!!

[​IMG] these two always enjoy each others company on my pocket at work.. The kick is a solid worker and has survived great abuse.. Also as i can not legal carry anything with a lock and it must be two hand only.. Kick or juice is my only option pretty much

Bikeracer77 likes this.
  19. Yetitrician

Yetitrician Loaded Pockets

Charge TTi w/bit extender and bit kit

Katjang1 likes this.
  20. shmook

shmook Loaded Pockets

I got a wave in '99, which has been round the world with me and saved the day a lot, but I retired it a bit ago for work, as I was frightened of damaging it. It has sentimental value because I've had it so long!

I replaced it with a MUT, which jut destroys anything you put it to. It's a really strong tool. I bought a PS4 at the same time for my keys, and that gets used a good bit too.

Next in line is also a juice XE6, style PS, skeletool, but only when I can justify their purchase! "because I want them" is not an option at the moment :p

Katjang1 likes this.