1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Your favorite gloves?

Discussion in 'EDC Clothing' started by SAKplumber, Apr 19, 2013.

1. vkimo

vkimo Loaded Pockets

Can someone recommend me a tough winter glove that also supports touch capability? Basically I want something that I can shovel snow with in the winter, and don't have to take off to use my phone.

2. powerring
    • In Omnia Paratus

powerring Loaded Pockets

Carhartt makes some gloves that offer touch capability. I found a pair at Bass Pro not long ago.

3. mwumichael

mwumichael Loaded Pockets

I got a pair of nylon/polyester gloves that are quite thin since it doesn't really get cold where I live, then I got some artic silver thermal paste, for better conductivity and then I applied it to the thumbs and index fingers for both hands, wiped the excess off and let it dry up, much better conductivity that the ones which cost a lot with limited touch.

来自我的 HUAWEI HN3-U01 上的 Tapatalk

powerring likes this.
  4. mwumichael

mwumichael Loaded Pockets

Buy some thermal paste, preferably arctic silvrr, then flip your gloves inside out and apply it and do the same on the outside and wipe excess off and let dry.

来自我的 HUAWEI HN3-U01 上的 Tapatalk

AK Adventurer likes this.
  5. traildigger

traildigger Loaded Pockets

(tried the whole "reply" button thing to quote, but didn't work for me...?)Anyway

I have a pair of the CLC Subcontractor gloves and love them. I would rather use them over the Mechanix gloves myself. I have a pair that I've been using for a few years now, and am just now in need of replacements. The Subcontractors run about $20. I bought these ones locally at either Lowes or Home Depot, but now can only find them online. I'll be ordering two pair. The Boxer glove they have looks promising as well.

6. Dempsey

Dempsey Loaded Pockets

[​IMG]
    Pair on the left is my favorite. They got their wear primarily from building my cj. About shot now. Right are the replacements. Were on sale rack at tsc from $8 or so.

Moco likes this.
  7. Thepossum

Thepossum Loaded Pockets

[​IMG]

Been using these for around a year, and as comfy as they are they will be retired as they are starting to fall apart. :(

Sent from a potato.

8. cordova2008

cordova2008 Loaded Pockets

I'm a pretty die hard ringers fan, they have def saved my skin a couple times. I have a few pairs of the R-14 mechanics that havent warn through after alot of abuse.

9. huntingbuddy

huntingbuddy Loaded Pockets

+1 for Mechanix, I have been them up and they are relatively cheap for how long they last.

thePlumbah likes this.
  10. That Guy

That Guy Loaded Pockets

I'm usually swapping between a set of Mechanix and my Fox riding gloves, pending what I'm doing. Most work stuff I'm using the Mechanix Originals, and anything for fab/grinding/prep for projects I swap out to a set of Mechanix Impacts (old style) one size over so I can get them off fast if I need to. Driving, biking, riding, and misc. stuff I usually end up getting out an old set of Fox Dirtpaws. Lighter, better dexterity, and more comfortable IMO than Mechanix gloves. I really digging the new set of Fox AirLines I got the other day. Slip-on, very breathable, and super comfy.

11. bullet08

bullet08 Loaded Pockets

a pair of st. paddie's day Rolling Rock printed fingerless glove.. in kelly green. i think i got a pack of these when going around the bars back in 95 or something.. still have few pairs left. other that that, i really like Brooks Brother's lambskin gloves that i used to have.. not willing to pay what they go for now days.

12. Cameron

Cameron Loaded Pockets

Just ordered a pair of ironclad super duty stealth to add to my collection....will report back

13. Henrique

Henrique Loaded Pockets

Hestra Work Gloves!

14. sk33tr

sk33tr Loaded Pockets

mechanix m-pact red - i use these for working in the yard (cutting grass, pulling weeds, raking, using the blower, etc.)...i have another pair (different color) that stays in my truck
    [​IMG]

midwest gloves and gear american bison leather gloves - i use these for heavier duty yard work (using the chainsaw/hand saw, carrying large limbs/debris, etc.)
    [​IMG]
    i have abused the heck out of these things and they show no signs of slowing down. they were very soft and pliable right out of the box and required NO break-in time.

benjisimon likes this.
  15. pipey

pipey Loaded Pockets

Used to use mechanix insulated gloves but the velcro closure on the cuff has just driven me mad. Other gloves i have the velcro is still going strong. Have just got a pair of 5.11 praetorian 2 gloves for winter ! So will see how they go. I know their fairly bulky but with what i do its not a major issue.