1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Your favorite gloves?

Discussion in 'EDC Clothing' started by SAKplumber, Apr 19, 2013.

1. CAS1965

CAS1965 Loaded Pockets

Hi Sparpkona, here in Wisconsin USA I'm not eating ice cream, I've not seen as brutal of a winter as we're having right in alot of years. Even though my employer supplies gloves I buy my own, it is" Ironclad", right now it's the "cold condition" glove. They cost around $30USD, but worth it, the gloves are made for people who work in freezers, I work outside beginning at 4AM and the past couple of days it's been colder than -20F (you can calculate that to -C), my hands stay mostly warm, better than other gloves I've used. I also use tools and these have become my favorite for the tight fit that makes it easy. They are not new, I bought my first pair at least 15 years ago.

2. tmedina

tmedina EDC Junkie!!!!!

I have a pair of the Ironclad "tactical" gloves - bought my first pair in 2007 and have kept a pair with me ever since.

Simple, very functional, and reasonably priced. I'm not wild about the wrist strap, but it's a small irritation in the grand scheme.

Worldintransition likes this.
  3. SAKplumber
    • In Omnia Paratus

SAKplumber EDC Junkie!!!!!

Similar topics merged:)

4. sharpkona

sharpkona Loaded Pockets

Cheers! :)

SAKplumber likes this.
  5. SAKplumber
    • In Omnia Paratus

Actually, that is still a link, though not a functional hyperlink, and it defeats the purpose of the Forum's Whitelist, so it is therefore still against Rule 12.
    Bump to merge.

6. ran23
    • In Omnia Paratus

ran23 Loaded Pockets

I have always admired the Manzella line at Mountain shops. today they were 30% off, so I am trying the windstopper sport gloves. lightweight and form fitting, yet they will fold up for pocket or bag carry. normal $40.00

7. Buckeye Jake

Buckeye Jake Loaded Pockets

I love my Lambert deer skins whether on the Harley or woods walking with the dogs :)

8. UsubM

UsubM Loaded Pockets

I got a pair of OR "Gripper" gloves to use this winter and I love them so far. Warm enough for what I need (in the NY area), though a bit bulky and not smartphone friendly. Still a great pair of gloves though.

I also just ordered a pair of Petzl Cordex Light gloves as utility gloves. I had a set of the heavy version but lost them a while ago and figured it was time to order another set after my Blackhawk SOLAG gloves basically fell apart. I loved how they're heavy enough for rope use, but still have enough dexterity for use as work gloves, and even as shooting gloves, pretty much perfect for what I need.

9. ProjeKtWEREWOLF

ProjeKtWEREWOLF Loaded Pockets

@sharpkona

I used to wear Ironclad gloves when I worked 'the doors'.....good quality and keeps your hands safe if you know what I mean. I never had problems. I've had other cut resistant gloves where the palm/underside of the fingers peels away due to poor stitching. Ironclad lasted a long time for me.

Do Not Demand What You Cannot Take By Force

10. sungame

sungame Loaded Pockets

Currently, my favorite gloves are hunting gloves from SealSkinz. They fit closely enough to let me manipulate ski bindings, boot buckles, pulk fittings, harnesses, cooking stoves, cameras, zipper pulls etc. without taking my gloves off.

The sheepskin palms give a good grip on anything from bicycle handlebars and steering wheels to ski poles and knives. The fleece lining is nice and cosy, and the rip stop shell is pretty water resistant, but not totally waterproof. Great gloves for moderate to high activity around the freezing point, or for wearing under a pair of shell mittens in colder temperatures.

11. beast

beast EDC Junkie

Mechanix Covert for me. This brand molds to your hands and takes a beating, they hold up well!

ProjeKtWEREWOLF likes this.
  12. ProjeKtWEREWOLF

Shame about the Velcro fastening......kills their useable lifespan for me.

13. Rasthor

Rasthor Loaded Pockets

Some cut resistant goat skin gloves from Grainger, make great driving gloves. Ansell HyFlex 11-600 any other time.

14. dmwhiteman

dmwhiteman Loaded Pockets

I love my 5.11 Station grip gloves. I wear them for everything from driving to hiking. Only problem is the velcro doesn't stick to well any more. The loop side has gotten less loopy over the past couple years and is need or repair.

15. ProjeKtWEREWOLF

I was thinking of getting a pair. Seems like they have the same Velcro issue as mechanix gloves but over YEARS rather than days/weeks!

I contacted Mechanix customer support regarding my gloves a while back but postage from the UK to the US was almost as much as getting a new pair! Totally different customer care experience to Blackhawk......shame they don't make gloves I like.

16. camit34

camit34 Loaded Pockets

These have been my EDC gloves many years. On my 2nd pair now. They fold up and stuff into my EDC bag quite easily.
    [​IMG]

17. SAKplumber
    • In Omnia Paratus

Got some nitrile coated gloves at Costco...similar to the ones in the OP.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. masofnos

masofnos EDC Junkie!!!

Has anyone had any experience with CLC gloves? I saw them a white ago, they kind of look like mechanix gloves.

But yeah +10000000 for mechanix, can't go wrong, flexible and strong

19. ran23
    • In Omnia Paratus

ran23 Loaded Pockets

I use CLC bags and tried their gloves. Fine for what I need. Don't recall the price.

20. Magic8ball

Magic8ball Loaded Pockets

Have an elk skin pair I picked up for a steal years ago, and I absolutely love them. As far as off the shelf, I'm a big mechanix fan.... I don't want to think about how many pairs I own.
    Only think I don't like about mechanix is when I put them to work (I work in a bit of a hell hole where quality goods go to die) they don't stand up as well as I'd like. It's mostly the abrasion on the finger tips that does them in. But on the plus side, I've got lots of pairs of fingerless shooting gloves :D

jrandom likes this.