1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Your favorite gloves?

Discussion in 'EDC Clothing' started by SAKplumber, Apr 19, 2013.

1. SAKplumber
    • In Omnia Paratus

SAKplumber EDC Junkie!!!!!

Feel free to post about your favorite gloves here. I searched for a Glove Thread but found each one was about a specific pair, or use, so I decided to start another. (Moderators-if there is a glove thread I missed feel free to combine them:))

Here's mine. New guy at work gave them to me. His son works for a trucking company and they have them available for $1 in a vending machine that deducts the $ from their checks. Actually, he was too cool and gave me two pair. Today I wore a pair all day. Very comfortable, very grippy, dried out quickly when they got wet (a few times), and come of easily when you tug on the finger tips. I would just grab all four finger tips and pull it right off.
    I love these gloves. IDK how long they'll last but I'm going to run todays pair through the washer and I'll update the thread then.
    No seams, no binding ate the joints, grippy, & wicking:) They didn't make me hot either, like jersey gloves do.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

nikao, Brisket, Sriracha and 3 others like this.
  2. JHGM

JHGM Dinosaur Supervisor

Nothing like the original Mechanix gloves...

Love 'em!

billybatson, ChrisJ, TR3VVY B and 2 others like this.
  3. JackBauer2218

JackBauer2218 Loaded Pockets

ChrisJ likes this.
  4. Syclone

Syclone Loaded Pockets

Pretty much the same type of glove for me SAKPlumber! Mine are blue point brand from Snap-On. I also get them from Matco and Gojo make them. :) LOVE them.

SAKplumber likes this.
  5. Mighty Max
    • In Omnia Paratus

Mighty Max Loaded Pockets

THIS^^^
    I always get the all black ones. You know, cause they're cool.

ChrisJ likes this.
  6. Cornholio2188

Cornholio2188 Loaded Pockets

What they heck-max-why you still awake?? :eek:

Mighty Max and SAKplumber like this.
  7. AK Adventurer

AK Adventurer Ice, Ice, Tigre

((What you talkin' 'bout Corny, Max never sleeps... he's Always on here.(I know because I don't sleep, and am always here and trip over him :p in every thread...))

(OK OK, back on topic...) ;)

For mechanic and construction work I'm super fond of Mechanix. No idea what model, they're stretchy, non armored, with leather palm and finger tips, and the dang things are $30(never thought I'd pay that for un-insulated, non full leather, use and abuse work gloves...) I eat through a pair a year, but its well worth it. I Really wish they'd come out with a Thinsulate or similar thin insulated version so I can wear them year round...

On that note, anyone know of a insulated but still relatively thin mechanics glove?

For pure messy work or anything that I know is gonna tear up the Mechanix, I Love some leather work gloves I get from a buddy... he gets them at work, when they get oil soaked the other guys throw them away, and he brings them home ;) ((not good for general work anymore, but still great for most mechanic work-which is what they do- why just throw them away??)). No idea what they are, I can't find them in stores. Smooth white leather outside, with a light weight cloth lining, with sorta a waffled texture. Not insulated, just lined... I can find a lot of cheap(and not so cheap!) leather work gloves identical to them, but none with the lining. :unsure:

For general work/super cold weather wear in the winter I grab a rough out leather with fleece lining work glove, whatever is cheapest, or whichever brand has the smallest small size(wide palm short fingers, its a bi@tch to get thick gloves that fit worth a dang).

My favorite winter work gloves were from last year, smooth dear skin outers, with a micro fiber lining and Lots of Thinsulate and great fit... Can't remember the brand right now. But they were $$$, and I couldn't justify a pair this year. :(

For non work/driving/bumming around in the winter, I have a 2 or 3 pair of knit gloves that are suede leather palmed and Thinsulate lined, no idea the brand, only marking is Thinsulate. Wish I could get these with a more durable leather, they fit PERFECT.

And I have a few pairs of the aptly named Spare Pair gloves from Duluth Trading, they're sorta a fleece with leather palms, super warm and actually turning out rather durable... And cheap enough to throw around as backups, yet warm enough to not worry about freezing at -40f..

G.

Mighty Max likes this.
  8. killroy360
    • In Omnia Paratus

killroy360 Loaded Pockets

I had some Serious issues with the impact mechanix, the velcro came off the flap after a month of light wear and eventually I just cut the Velcro and flap right off . All this after only two months or so of wear (pushing carts in). That being said I have another pair of fast fits from mechanix that I love and have never failed on me. I probably just got a lemon :p

9. Nim

Nim Loaded Pockets

I love my Hatch SG20P dura thin gloves, really think leather gloves, which stop at the wrist so I can wear them with a shirt. Of course I just want them to keep my hands warm when I go out at night or get a bit more grip on wet railings etc. when i go walking in the rain.

10. Mighty Max
    • In Omnia Paratus

Mighty Max Loaded Pockets

Cause I don't work today and I might or might not have been drinking :p

Nim likes this.
  11. TinCan

TinCan Loaded Pockets

Outdoor Research Iron Sight gloves.
    It makes other jealous when they see it. lol
    It also gives me CDI points.

12. ProjeKtWEREWOLF

ProjeKtWEREWOLF Loaded Pockets

Love the fit of the original Mechanix.
    The Velcro on the cuff is a massive letdown on mine. Stitching has broken holding the Velcro after 6 months of occasional casual wear.

killroy360 likes this.
  13. powerring
    • In Omnia Paratus

powerring Loaded Pockets

I have some Gorilla Grip gloves from Lowe's that I like. They're very thin and lightweight. Not going to be bombproof but in wet or slippery applications they're solid.

http://gorillagripgloves.com

SAKplumber likes this.
  14. ARCustomKnives

ARCustomKnives Loaded Pockets

I don't wear pu$$y mittens too often ( ;) ) anymore, but I used to like framing gloves that had the ends of the thumb, index and middle fingers cut off. Gave relatively good protection, some warmth, but didn't sacrifice dexterity very much at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15. PaBushcrafter4659

PaBushcrafter4659 Loaded Pockets

When hiking/shooting i usually run my Mechanix IMpact's...the ones with all the hand guarding (comes in handy during weapon manipulation)!!!

16. Wong

Wong Loaded Pockets

I wear the Original Mechanix Gloves, I've used them for years and love the fact they can take a beating and are easy to find and cheap to replace.

17. EveryDayBeer
    • In Omnia Paratus

EveryDayBeer Loaded Pockets

Think I posted about my favourite gloves in another thread here a while back. Don't know the brand but they are work-issue and most people hate them. MORE FOR ME! ;) Leather gloves with some kind of cloth lining that balls up and I end up tearing out.

Do also sometimes get orders of Gorilla Grips which are nice but nowhere near as protective as I'd like. Of course the tradeoff (for sticking with the leather gloves) is I end up looking like Mickey Mouse at work. Especially with the new toe tops, but that is for yet another thread.

18. KeyeEl

KeyeEl EDC Junkie!!!!!

I don't have a ton of experience with "work gloves" but the two pair I own are good. I have a pair of Duluth Trading Co. Carpenter Gloves (pic below) and an older pair of Mechanix (with padded palm...impact maybe?). Although I only use them a few times a year, the Mechanix gotta be pushing 8 years old now.

[​IMG]

Maybe the Duluth Trading Co. Winterproof Work Gloves? My father has a pair and used them while shoveling all winter. They are waterproof and warm enough without being super bulky.

19. voxnox

voxnox Loaded Pockets

Whatever you do, don't get Camelbak gloves. The leather dye will come off and turn your hands purple.

jrandom and Kraid like this.
  20. Slipjoint

Slipjoint Loaded Pockets

I have a few favorites.

From my army days, I have a fondness for nomex pilot gloves. My squad Sgt gave me an old ratty pair, and I sliced the fingers off to make a nice pair of lightweight gloves with good dexterity. I still have that same pair of gloves 18 years later and they remain very near and dear to me. I also have a brand-new pair with intact fingers. :p

I also have some fingerless carpenters gloves. They're padded in the palm for comfort, and they're nice when the full length nomex gloves are too much (the nomex gloves have a long wrist to tuck underneath the sleeve).

For cooler weather I really like the basic mechanix gloves. While I'm not fond of the cheesy graphics they sport, the gloves themselves are comfortable in variety of situations.

I have a pair that looks like a pair of Mechanix gloves but with a Thinsulate lining. The tag says FG. I think I got them at Home Depot during the winter a few years ago. They're a nice compromise between the dexterity of the Mechanix gloves and the warmth of the typical ski-glove.

SAKplumber and AK Adventurer like this.