1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Your "Eye Opening" Clothing Purchases

Discussion in 'EDC Clothing' started by Max., Jan 31, 2015.

1. FuzzyDunlop82

FuzzyDunlop82 Loaded Pockets

Just bought some TAD Intercept jeans...and they are incredibly comfortable. I cannot recommend them enough. I take a 34/32 and the fit is spot-on, the added elastane is effective and the material feels light and 'different' to what I have been used to. Impressive.

kye4some likes this.
  2. Bander124

Bander124 Loaded Pockets

Tad Ranger jacket lt nothing else works close

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

3. glocke12

glocke12 Loaded Pockets

Probably some Pendleton wool shirts. At the time i felt like a pretentious tool for buying them due to the expense, but I quickly realize there is a huge difference between a well made shirt thats pricey and something that isn't well made and is cheap.

5 years later these Pendleton shirts show no wear at all despite seeing lots of use in the winter months. Same with my other expensive clothing purchases.

Stuff I bought that was under 40 bucks or so? Most of that stuff lasted a year or two at most.

4. glocke12

glocke12 Loaded Pockets

so hows the fit on those? tight? loose? Im somewhere between a 32 and a 33, and am not sure if i should size up or stick with a 32 inch waist.

did they shrink after washing?

5. FuzzyDunlop82

FuzzyDunlop82 Loaded Pockets

I would say they are a tighter fit than say, Carhartt jeans, but the 'give' in them makes them very comfortable. I am pretty much a 34" Carhartt jeans guy and these fit me spot-on.

Definitely worth a try-on.

6. adamargue

adamargue Empty Pockets

Don’t know if it counts as clothing but Red Wing boots are the only boots I will ever buy. After getting my first pair and having a excellent time with the guys in the store and being able to take them in to get oiled whenever I need is awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kye4some likes this.
  7. grimbo

grimbo Empty Pockets

For outdoor gear, my Montane Extreme smock, I've lived in that for a solid year and owned it for just over 10 and apart from a little stitching going, a couple of stains and a small hole or two it's like new.

Absolutely bombproof, very warm and keeps you remarkably dry for a non waterproof. Full side zips help cool you off when you get a little toasty!

One downside is it is pile so it's a bugger to carry if you're not wearing it.

Merino wool, icebreaker, helly and woolpower, great stuff.

And finally Fjallraven trousers, again comfortable and just seem to go on for ever.

D

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

ran23 likes this.
  8. Vartz04

Vartz04 Loaded Pockets

Duluth buck naked underwear
    Poly/cotton blend T-shirt’s (don’t shrink but also don’t get all staticky like performance shirts )
    Thin wool socks (I have hot feet)
    Duluth Alaskan Hardgear clothes are all awesome.

9. Journo

Journo Loaded Pockets

I've been meaning to post in this thread for a while. i have had a real eye opening clothing purchase recently.

Uniqlo AIRism. They say "UNIQLO and Toray Industries came together to combine unique knit structures with microscopic engineering. This special technology utilises dry silk-like micro-polyester fibres that wick perspiration off the skin and move it through open channels within the AIRism yarn.
    It is designed to work in harmony with you."

All I know is that if I was an Apple product I would be the iSweat, but with these AIRism things I seem to stay cool all day long. I've bought their shirts (button down Oxfords), t shirts, polo shirts and now jeans. I could not be happier!

ran23 likes this.
  10. crwoody

crwoody Loaded Pockets

These incredible Fjallraven no. 5 shorts. The perfect EDC short. Yeah, they're pricey, but for warm summer adventures there is nothing better!!!! Here's a picture from when I got them. Not for everyone but I love them. And the orange is fun too!!![​IMG]

Sent from my 2PQ93 using Tapatalk

11. SOS24

SOS24 Loaded Pockets

Lunaire Coolmax bra - as a woman, a comfortable bra is what I would consider my most important piece of clothing. After years of searching and spending lots of money pn ones that weren’t comfortable, I found one I could comfortably wear for 16+ hours while working and for physical activity.

Rikumo wool tabi socks - I wear sandals everyday unless it is too cold, which was usually about 40F. Now I comfortably wear sandals as long as it is above freezing.

surefire7 likes this.
  12. COfastwrx

COfastwrx Loaded Pockets

Triple Aught Design
    Triple Aught Design
    Triple Aught Design

13. Thesteve_global

Thesteve_global Loaded Pockets

I’m assuming shoes count, so for me it was when I picked up my first pair of Keen hikers, which was like walking on air, even after 10+ hours. Prior to Keen, I had tried a few different value brands, hikers from Walmart/Target, and became really familiar with where to put duct tape and moleskin to avoid blisters. The first trip was a backpacking trip in Great Basin National Park, and boy did I ever feel the difference. It would’ve been a flawless trip if I hadn’t been nursing a few parts of my feet from a trip to Zion a week before, but once the Zion blisters fully healed, I haven’t had once since. Two years and my hikers still have great tread and are super comfy after a few hundred miles.

14. ghuns

ghuns Loaded Pockets

I'm on my third pair of Targhee II waterproof Keens. Wear them everyday.

I had the second pair a few months when we went hiking in Joshua Tree. By the end of the day, a couple parts of the sole started to peel off. I sent their customer service a couple pics of the defect and my Amazon receipt. In 10 minutes, I had $140 credit on their website to order a replacement pair.

15. FiaOlleDog

FiaOlleDog Loaded Pockets

Still learning from you guys ... just adding my first "eye openers":

GEOX shoes: especially if one has a wider footprint like me, very comfortable, I can (and did!) walk 20 miles in it during a journey with no issue, breathing but still waterproof soles (some say "Goretex for feet" :happy:)

Mechanix M-Pact Covert gloves: fit perfectly, still can operate my smartphone (also lost some fine motor skills, but for dialing and starting/switch apps it's fine), protect me finger knuckles but don't hinder work.

Buff to keep neck warm, wind away / cover your mouth (riding a bike) and cover one's head (to have some protecting while wearing a provided motorcycle helmet doing some kart fun).

Wiley-X Black Ops series sunglasses: also any good quality ones can do not every pair looks good on my face and covers my eyes also on the sides. These came also with a strap and some foam insert to seal them - no, I'm not a spec ops guy but sand & wind can also be an issue while spending a day at the beach :cool:

Baseball cap [no-name]: in previous years I always considered this to be only a styling element for the youth ... nowadays I found it being very helpful during almost any time of the year against sun, wind, and some cold. I picked one from the runner sport section, breathable and quick drying when got wet, partly mesh (good for ventilation on back head) which can be squeezed to the size of the (stiff) shield. A hook & loop band helps to adjust (loose when only worn temporarily to not ruin my hairdo, tighten it when wind blows); some more expensive ones have a cord with a cord stopper at the end which is very annoying when leaning the head to a headrest so I stay away from them. Also some come with a cover button on the top center which I've found can hurt so I also stay away from those quality attributes ;)

Last edited by FiaOlleDog, Nov 12, 2018
    #155 FiaOlleDog, Nov 12, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2018
    GoBliNuke likes this.
  16. GoBliNuke

GoBliNuke Loaded Pockets

'Tactical' ballcaps with low dome, without freaking button on the top, with hook-and-loop adjustment instead of buckle. Patch h&l ripped off, though.

Tube scarves or buffs. Even thin summer types help to keep warm in cold seasons.

Fleece hats (beanies) instead of knitted ones.

'Trekking' socks with multi-zone reinforcements.

One day I'll try Duluth pants with waist tunnel. I promise.

FiaOlleDog and Jdjernigan like this.
  17. twoisone
    • In Omnia Paratus

twoisone EDC Junkie!!!

I bought a Helly Hansen pile one piece underwear suit and it is fantastic. Spent almost seven hours laying on the ground in a frozen field hunting geese this week at -10 and was never cold. A very good purchase if you live in cold climates.

garza likes this.
  18. HarryD

HarryD Empty Pockets

Thanks, I bought my first pair or Red Wings today. I think I’m going to love them.

19. Millman55

Millman55 Loaded Pockets

CHAMPION T shirts.
    Finally a company making T shirts with wide shoulders