1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Your "completely satisfied with" EDC item list

Discussion in 'General EDC Discussion' started by Gatsby, Nov 12, 2008.

1. jadajazz

jadajazz Empty Pockets

Fenix E01
    Fox 40
    Titanium Spork
    Spiderco Tenacious
    Djeep Lighter

2. jsmitty1967
    • In Omnia Paratus

jsmitty1967 Go Big Blue

For starters:
    Flashlights: Nitecore D10, McGizmo EN Mule, Surefire 6P and L1, Aleph A19 Lego, Photon Freedom Micro
    MTs: SOG Powerlock, Leatherman Skelletool CX, all Atwoods :)
    Misc: SAK Rambler, Inka SS pen, Bill's Urban Wallet, Kershaw Twocan

3. Manatakui

Manatakui Loaded Pockets

I have many I could list, but I'll just go with the most beneficial two right now:

Victorinox Explorer Plus - seriously, is there anything I can't do with this knife? I've used it as a simple microscope in laboratory, it's my one go-to can opener (despite having several others on my other various SAKs, P-51, P-38s, and a geared can opener I need to give away), the screwdrivers are an excellent balance without excess, etc. My only complaints with the knife are the lack of nail file anywhere on the knife; the hook is a plain-backed model, and obviously, with it being a 91mm SAK, there's only a small blade opposite the main blade, and not a nail file/nail cleaner a la an uprated 84mm nail file/nail cleaner. Really, if the small blade could be replaced with the combo nail file/cleaner, it truly would be the perfect SAK to me.

Maratac AAA - I know I'm a Fenix fan, but while it puts out quite usable light - and truly is the goat of the flashlight kingdom - the low 1.5 lumen low on the Maratac is quite nice. I can actually use it to read without needing a diffuser for the Fenix E01, while it can also put out a heck of a lot more light when needed, too. Just this morning I used the Maratac to study with, instead of turning on an overhead light, therefore waking my roommate, or using either a Photon II or Fenix E01, and thereby, blind myself in the low-light conditions.

4. NosHusky

NosHusky Loaded Pockets

Urban EDC(minimalist/I feel that if i need anything else i can make/find it)
    In a Medicine Bag around my neck.
    Gerber Clutch
    Fenix E01
    Gerber STL 2.0
    20$ USD (its $20 but i type it how i say it, $=Dollars)

On my person
    Paracord Bracelet with two little pewter skulls.
    Bottle Opener ring (sometimes more often wrapped on my necklace because jewelery makes me look a little off)

If i remember to grab it/if im wearing a bealt I carry around a little grab and go back with the essentials, knife/flashlight/mini prybar/multi tool/pen/pad of paper/lighter/carabiner/box or pad of matches/spare AAA and about 3-5 ft of paracord.
    I need to put the matches in a ziplock bag and add in a fire steel in place of the spare AAA or the lighter, both are expendable, fire starter can make a torch if I need to.

Wallet if im wearing something with a pocket
    Matches Stapled to a Business card of mine (i bought abunch but never really hand any out, I just staple them to resumes and
    11-1 pocket tool
    Wallet Magnifier

5. yam350

yam350 Loaded Pockets

Everything I have from Leatherman.
    All the Kershaw Knives I have.
    A €3.50 Chinese Flashlight ( Runs on 4 LR41s)
    Plano EDC/technicians bag
    3 Capsule lighters I got from forum member Oregon, I don't smoke but use them for fire lighting and my gas torch etc, brilliant!
    My €19 bulletproof mobile made by Sagem.

6. Coolio

Coolio Loaded Pockets

[img width=640 height=427]http://lh6.ggpht.com/_UIvftVa71aQ/SvOoZgzIZ9I/AAAAAAAAJzw/ve8ru_qYBdI/s800/IMG_1716.JPG[/img]

Motorola Rizr World Edition, Victorinox Spirit multi-tool, Vic Classic (not shown), Maratac AAA and Kershaw Skyline. This is what is on my person all the time (except when I sleep or bathe ;) )

Now I also EDC to work and out of town trips my Maxpedition Falcon II backpack. This has a :censored:load of stuff. Survival gear, FAK, 4 more LED lights, 3 more knives, another multi-tool, change of socks and skivvies, waterproof shell, Powerbars/Cliffbars, small bag of toiletries, pens/pencil/sharpies, and more. :winkwink:

7. Trickster

Trickster Loaded Pockets

Knife: Pretty much any SAK, depending on your demands. I know there are other tools with more stuff on them out there, but a SAK offers a combination of usefullness, compactness and quality at a comparatively "low" price.

Light: Micro-Light Photon. Bright, small, usefull. Do I need to say more?

Watch: Citizen Eco-Drive Titanium. I've edc-ed one for almost ten years now and it never disappointed me. Still runs on the first battery, and the solar cells allways keep it running. The glass is a bit banged up by now, but if I wanted I could have that changed.

8. Bucky

Bucky Loaded Pockets

Apple iPhone 3GS (although it could be smaller, thinner, and lighter and include a notification LED for new mail)
    Leatherman TTi
    Chris Reeve Small Sebenza (although I would like to see a small Umnumzaan)
    Ra Clicky Titanium
    Casio G-Shock GW-5000-1JF

9. Timecacher

Timecacher Loaded Pockets

My EDC has pretty much settled down to the following:

Swiss Army Classic
    Zebra F-301 Pen
    Maratac Peanut Lighter
    Fenix P1D CE
    Maratac AAA
    Spyderco Native

10. JeffLrrp

JeffLrrp Empty Pockets

These items have become a permanent part of my edc:

Fenix E01 in olive

Zebra F301 or 701

Puritan brand bandana from Wally World

My Victorinox classic on my keychain

Although I carry other items as well, these are my 100% satisfied with items, and I don't ever leave the house without them.

11. GRIFFINHAWKS

GRIFFINHAWKS Banned

IMPOSABLE ! BUT .. If i could not have one of my bags at hand a good knife [even a SAK Signature] I feel some what OK ..

NEVER SATISFIED .. MUST HAVE MORE ! ;D

BE WELL .. GH

12. sewer_rat

sewer_rat Loaded Pockets

SAK One handed Trekker
    Bic Lighter - I'd say my Zippo but it runs out of fuel, I've never grabbed a Bic and not had it light at least one time.
    Casio G-shock - I'd say any of them apply as I've had a few and they've never failed me
    Sliver Gripper - does what it's supposed to and made some possibly uncomfortable times easier

The Buck 110 Folding Hunter - This is The knife. I can't carry it EDC due to it's width but I've done everything with it and so did my father who gave it to me when I was 'old enough not to cut my ear off with it'. If I can part with it, it'll go to my nephew or he'll get a new one.

13. jetpack

jetpack Loaded Pockets

So far, "my completely satisfied with EDC items list" is like that:

- Victorinox Rambler - fixed many, many things, I use it nearly every day for lots of diferrent things - great, little tool - you can forget that you have it until you need it.
    - Fenix E01 - great value liitle light. MUCH more brighter (and smaller) than Mag Soli and have got AWESOME runtimes. For my needs 10 lumens is sufficient. I carry it always, even when I'm taking shower - you never know when lights may go off.
    - SwissTool - totally non-ergonomical goodie, but it's like tank. Tons of functions, but weights a ton ;) Despite all the downsides this multitool rocks for me.
    - Nokia E51 - looks like traditional cellphone, but Symbian makes it very, vere functional - music, mail, internet, vids etc. - all in this little thing.
    - Bic lighter - small, easy to use (I don't smoke, but ability to light a fire is - in my opinion - crucial) fluid doesn't vaporize like in Zippos.
    - Parker Stainless Steel Jotter - very ergonomical and elegant pen. I love it.

14. rueingeni

rueingeni Loaded Pockets

Out of my basic EDC rotation...

Absolutely nothing to nitpick about, this item is perfect:
    -G-Shock GWM5600

Completely Satisfied:
    -Eagle Creek Slim Euro Wallet
    -Spyderco G10 Dragonfly
    -Citizen AT0660-05E (with Zulu Strap)

Mostly Satisfied, but I'm always looking to upgrade:
    -Spyderco Sage
    -Spyderco Manix 2
    -Sharpie Clickie Pen
    -Sanyo Katana II Phone

Unsatisfied but still carry or use, these items have major flaws:
    -Fenix L0D
    -Al Mar Nomad
    -North Face Big Shot

15. jehan60188

jehan60188 Loaded Pockets

I thought the same thing about the grip's handles- but supposedly they're really strong; they "feel cheap" because the material is so lightweight (which is important for backpacking ounce-counters)

16. Sirvive

Sirvive Loaded Pockets

Completely Satisfied:

Photon X-Light (glows in the dark)
    Victorinox Farmer (with Glowring)
    Victorinox Alox Orange Classic
    Spy Capsule

Somewhat Satisfied:
    Pico Widgy Bar (just haven't needed it to justify it being on my keychain)

17. happygypsy

happygypsy Loaded Pockets

I am completely satisfied with my Benchmade mini-griptilian with a plain edge.
    You can tell when I'm completely satisfied with an item, because I start to think that maybe it would be nice to have the exact same knife in a different colour...

18. solocanoe

solocanoe Empty Pockets

I first read this thread to mean "my whole EDC / I'm happy with everything / etc"....
    to that, I could NEVER reply to this thread! :juggle: :laugh:

but...
    Flashlight - totally happy with - have no desire to change - would immediately buy another if I needed it...that would be my Surefire E1b. :D (over 2 years)

Big Skinny wallet - basic black - never had a better one - 2 years and it's still going strong, definitely would buy again.

Pack/Bag - the RUSH 24 sure SEEMS perfect...but to be fair, it's only been with me a couple months...so I'd have to reserve judgement

EDC knife -
    Can't decide between the Rat HEST and the Rat IZULA - I have both on tec locs and seem to be switching back and forth...so no clear winner there.

Not gonna get into guns here, doesn't seem to be right thread...
    beyond the above, I can't say I'm "totally happy" the rest, but I do LIKE the rest of my stuff a lot. and I like fussing with it.... :rolleyes:

19. Return2Scouting

Return2Scouting Empty Pockets

Cocoons sunglasses (which fit over eyeglasses)
    REF: http://www.cocoonseyewear.com/sunwear/category.php?id=1

Spark-Lite sparker

Yaesu VX-170, a 2-meter band ham radio (also receives NOAA weather)
    Diamond SRH77CA antenna

Uniden Bearcat BC246T scanner
    Diamond RH77CA antenna

$1 acrylic watch cap from Target

-R2S

20. Doctor_Tattoo

Doctor_Tattoo Loaded Pockets

SureFire G2 (with or without LED upgrade, I have both and love both)
    SpecOps T.H.E. Wallet, By far the best wallet I've ever carried, I was at a store one time that had them at 75% off, I bought all they had, 6 of them all for like $30 Ironically I'm still on the first one.
    SOG PowerLock Black, aside from a warranty issue, no other problems.
    Samsung B2100 Cell phone, I have been caught in the rain numerous times and gotten this thing soaked, and had to use it in downpours. Try that with an iPhone.

Shawn