1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Your bags performance during Hurricane Sandy....

Discussion in 'EDC Bags' started by KDOG08, Oct 31, 2012.

1. KDOG08

KDOG08 Loaded Pockets

To those who had to go through the storm, how did you your fav bag handle? For me it was a relatively new purchase, a coyote SpecOps THE Pack. Performed excellent. I was delicate with it either. I'm about a half to 3/4s' of a mile from the ocean where I'm at... we didn't do to bad, but it got ugly for a few hours. Tree down and have a ruined floor in our finished basement.... anyway....

I stuffed 4 days of clothes, 2 coats, all usually toiletries, my tablet with chargers, meds, weather radio and other stuff in there. had a little room left over. It got tossed in and out of my Jeep, wore it around a little bit. Its a great bag. Definetly could live out of it for awhile.

So how'd your bag hold up?

2. marsos52

marsos52 Loaded Pockets

when i heard the storm was serious, i switched from my maxP Lunada to my MaxP condorII backpack. i was thinking i would still ber going to work in Atlantic City, haha
    but, as we know now, that was not going to happen. at least i was prepared. i hope to be back to work this Monday

3. Bauzen

Bauzen Loaded Pockets

I got lucky in Manhattan, just North of the power outage and just West of the crane collapse on 57th. Wasn't forced to evacuate, but a lot of my friends were. I've been using a waterproof Bailey Works Citizen (X-Large size) Backpack + motorbike to deliver canned foods, bottled water, and dry clothes/blankets to any of my friends who need them. It's light, comfortable, and has a massive main compartment that fits ANYTHING. It's also great for quick stop & go, on & off, in & out utility. Every tactical bag I've ever used has too many bells and whistles. I've never needed all the MOLLE compatibility they offer either. Convenience and durability mean everything to me, and this bag delivers both.

[​IMG]

nicktodorov and wretched_youth like this.
  4. ohdannyboy

ohdannyboy Empty Pockets

got hit hard on long island, been back and forth between home and working and volunteering on the ambulance...packed my 5.11 MOAB 10 with the essentials. My macbook, contacts and eyeglasses and other toiletries, my stethoscope, change of uniforms, flashlight and extra batteries, wallet, keys, etc. I think the bag weathered the storm better than I did.

5. Philbur

Philbur Loaded Pockets

I'm down here in Virginia, so we got a lot of wind and rain, but nothing near the scale of the northern folks. So while my bag did get a thorough once-over and everything refreshed prior to the storm, it never got used beyond that.

6. powerring
    • In Omnia Paratus

powerring Loaded Pockets

I'm also in Virginia. It was rainy and blustery but fortunately there was little damage and relatively few power outages. I carried my Mountain Hardwear Rico pack, which is yellow and pretty visible. It is also a little larger than my EDC Tom Bihn Synapse pack so I could stuff some extra clothes in, just in case. The more I use this pack, the more I like it.

7. Redleg22

Redleg22 Loaded Pockets

I live in SE PA and although it was a relatively good piece of weather, my bag never left the car. Used my knife and flashlight a ton though.