1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Y'know what?

Discussion in 'Pens, Pencils, Notebooks, and Notebook Covers' started by DCBman, Sep 20, 2016.

1. gadgetguy35

gadgetguy35 Loaded Pockets

I checked out Jetpens, but I'm gonna have to wait until I can get enough of an order together to get free shipping. Unfortunately pencils aren't high enough on the list to do that just yet. I'd love to get a blackwing 602 to try out but they only sell those in boxes.

I think next paycheck I might spring for a sampler with a few that you guys mentioned and maybe a new sharpener. I'm pretty excited to try these suggestions out!

2. flatline

flatline Loaded Pockets

I'm fortunate that there are some other fellas in my office that like stuff from Jetpens. If I'm thinking about making an order, I just ask them what they want and we usually shoot over the $25 required for free shipping without any trouble at all.

--flatline

3. DCBman

DCBman Loaded Pockets

Try them and you will never go back. Honest. The 602's are nice (really nice), but you will like others better based on your statements here. The 'real' 602's are grey (not black) on the lacquer paint. There are others, novelty pencils, but they're not really true '602's'.

I have "thousands" of pencils, more than I could ever hope to use. I love them all. I use every one down to a nub, and I wonder how I will use them all. I don't care.

You'll just sharpen one of them and .... it's all over.

I did wind up scoring some of the legendary Berol "Black Warrior" pencils (lucked out I guess). Sadly, they aren't as much as I'd hoped. They don't compare to the Blackwings and Mitsubishi Hi-Uni pencils.

4. DCBman

DCBman Loaded Pockets

Oh, and one other thing...always know "Dixon" Ticonderoga (blacks) are WAY different from the original Ticonderoga Blacks!! If you have some original Ticonderoga Black pencils...then you are in possession of some really nice pencils!!!

Sharpen one up, and see how the lead is centered...and then smell the shavings (pure cedar)!

5. gadgetguy35

No my Ticonderogas are from Office depot, bought last year. They are Dixons. I read great reviews of them but I'm not impressed. I've had at least three of them get tossed in the trash because the lead kept breaking every time I sharpened them. The one in my EDC bag and the two I have at work are holding up fine, but I'm not using them heavily. I'm still trying to get used to using a pencil all the time.

6. flatline

flatline Loaded Pockets

If you like smooth lead that just goes where you want it, then the Mitsubishi Hi-Uni and Staedtler Lumograph pencils are king in my book.

If you like your lead a little grippy, then the Tombow Mono 100 is excellent.

If you like your lead a lot grippy, then you should look at Faber-Castell and Koh-I-Noor.

--flatline

7. gadgetguy35

I'm gonna try all of those at some point.