1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Yikes... Just bought another watch!

Discussion in 'Watches' started by aphex2k, Feb 21, 2014.

1. aphex2k

aphex2k Loaded Pockets

Was toying with the idea of another watch. Something like a Monster. Anyways, Jim Beam and eBay is an awful combination. I woke the next morning with around 8 "You have been outbid" notices and one saying "Congratulations, you have won"

Turns out I bid $60AUD and free postage on a Citizen NY2300 Promaster. Kind of looks a bit Seiko Monster. Automatic etc with date and day. Black rubber strap, black face. Apparently mint condition etc. I await its arrival (hopefully intercept if before the wife does!)

Anyone care to give a view on these? Are they the Seiko's poor cousin, or just as good but a bit cheaper?

2. FACE
    • In Omnia Paratus

FACE EDC Junkie!!!

My experience in buying watches locally and on ebay ........ make sure you have buyer protection just in case it's a fake.

Just saying, wouldn't want anyone here to get ripped off.

3. aphex2k

aphex2k Loaded Pockets

Yeah I'm not new to eBay. Bought and sold around 500 items. Plenty of pics, not stock images. Buyer was quick to respond to my question and has good feedback.

Aside from that... Have you any experience of the watch? Seems OK from the internet reviews and amazon fb.

4. sl66ICEcuba

sl66ICEcuba Loaded Pockets

It is a good watch from what I have heard from friends, not too close to the Monster but rather the Seiko SKX 007, I just take preference to the 4 oclock crown (but that is just aesthetic preference). Citizens quality overall is pretty good but when it comes to bang for your buck Seiko is amazing. Nice watch, congrats, and post pics when you get it!

5. graham_s
    • In Omnia Paratus

graham_s Loaded Pockets

I feel your pain,
    I just broke down and pulled the trigger on an Ecozilla.
    :D