1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Yay! Got my new 5.11 Tactical Computer sleeve (MPC)

Discussion in 'EDC Bags' started by wundergeist, Nov 25, 2009.

1. wundergeist

wundergeist Loaded Pockets

Arrived home and there was a MPC waiting for me. Pict: http://twitpic.com/qxt1o/full (the bag is matte black, the pictures have strange colors because of the lighting in the room -- it's sunset here)

First impressions: much more organization than was apparent from the 5.11 site: there are internal sleeves and organizers in both expandable pockets (full depth sleeve plus partial sleeves in both and pen loops in one of them) and they expand a lot (about 2in out). The PALS on the other side is really asking for pouches. The main compartment opens all the way down on one side so it 's very easy to move laptops into it. My 15.4in MacBookPro fits with plenty of space for papers in it. With a couple of pouches on the PALS side I think this could replace a briefcase most days --- except no attachment points for a shoulder strap. Can't have everything. On the side that opens all the way down there's also a loop of 1.5in strap material that allows the bag to be moved in and out of a backpack in a portrait rather than landscape orientation, though if you're using open pouches on the PALS, that may not be a good idea. But for me it works very well.

I'm planning to make a video of it once I get done with this thing... what's the name... it's right under my tongue, Work!

Edited later to correct: there are attachment points for a shoulder strap: two small loops of fabric on opposite sides of the main compartment about 2in from the ends. Using a small carabiner and a strap this could become a shoulder bag. I'm not sure about their load-bearing capabilities, though. I plan to use this as a sleeve inside a bag, anyway, because there's a lot of other things (folders, notepads, binders) that I have to carry around.

JCS

2. tool amour

tool amour Loaded Pockets

3. wundergeist

wundergeist Loaded Pockets

Preliminary video (huh, preliminary means I might make a better one... not likely, though): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2v7OwArSAdY

Not exactly RoscoeBa's level, but I think it showcases the pack pretty well.

J

4. eholland

eholland Loaded Pockets

Hey, thats a great video, you did a wonderful job on that. That is a really nice piece from 5.11, hats off to them. Thanks. :shocked:

5. dodge_911

dodge_911 Loaded Pockets

Got mine in today too!
    This review, and some asking around here made me make the purchase :)

6. WoodMotorsports

WoodMotorsports Loaded Pockets

Nice video review. Now I "need" one of these and didn't even know it!

7. J4C3

J4C3 Guest

Wonder if it will fit inside a 5.11 side Trip Briefcase. that would offer lots of protection at a decent cost

8. dodge_911

dodge_911 Loaded Pockets

It fits wonderful in my Maratac Range Bag, so maybe, if the Trip Briefcase has about the same dimensions?