1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Yay! Another Cool Gear Forum!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by prometheus, Apr 20, 2006.

1. prometheus

prometheus Empty Pockets

awesome, another gear forum!  :D

since i was a kid growing up in the mountain of pa and upstate ny, i've been a "gearhead".  some of the very first things i remember getting from my dad were a small swiss army knife, a red ryder bb gun, and a small stag handled hunting knife.  i spent much of my time exploring the endless forests and mountains where i lived.

those were days of finding caves, old abandoned rail way tracks and dumps, fishing, venison sloppy joes, climbing cliffs (and falling down small ones  :p ;D), snowshoeing, camping (without all those permits! :)), tracking, and more.

some of you may know me as the owner of tad gear.  it is my fascination with the objects we create to accessorize our lifestyles which eventually evolved into a business.

i took the things i learned from growing up in the mountains, time in the Army, and then a masters degree in sculpture and design which brought me to the point at which i find myself.

it is the ability of our species to manipulate our resources and create the tools and objects with which we live with and improve our daily lives, which separates us from all other living things.  it is intrinsic to homo sapiens to be tool makers and users.  we should revel in our inventiveness and useage of such objects and things.

it is to my great personal satisfaction that i have been able to not only appreciate the amazing objects/tools/gear that other people make, but also contribute my own to that arena.  form follows function, quality before quantity, honor and integrity.  i feel lucky to be able to have shared the things i have designed and made with sportsmen of all kinds, our fighting men and women, LE, wildlife conservation groups, field reseachers, and anyone who can enjoy the finer points of simply good kit and it's value in the wilderness and urban landscapes.

some folks just don't get it, but clearly all of us here do.  O0

[​IMG]

2. pipedreams

pipedreams Loaded Pockets

Welcome from a satisfied TAD Gear customer!

todd

3. Mahachippy

Mahachippy Loaded Pockets

I haven't ordered anything yet...doing some saving first, but I have to say the TAD gear website is one of the most amazing places I have ever visited. I think I found it on a lark a few months ago and haven't stopped checking it everday since! In fact, I even joined the USN because I had heard that was where there was a TAD gear forum! Anywho, I am glad you are here Prometheus and welcome!

4. denise

denise Empty Pockets

Prometheus, wow great pic! Welcome to the forum.

5. prometheus

prometheus Empty Pockets

thanks for the welcomes :)

6. Peter Atwood

Peter Atwood Empty Pockets

Welcome Patrick, good to see you here! :)

7. Stutoffee

Stutoffee Loaded Pockets

Welcome aboard, Patrick. The kit on your site looks superb. Not invested (yet!) but its only a atter of time. Some of the mini-articles on your site concerning Survival Kits etc are very, very good. I even modified some of my kits along the lines of reccomendations on yours, the most notable adaptation being carrying a pic of a loved on for the will to Survive. My SAS tin now has a pic of my GF :smitten: on one side of a steel dogtag & my ID details on t'other!
    [​IMG]

8. prometheus

prometheus Empty Pockets

hi peter!
    :)

9. prometheus

prometheus Empty Pockets

O0

10. mndart

mndart Empty Pockets

Hi Patrick!! This looks like a great place! Good to see you here.

Dan

11. P97DC

P97DC Empty Pockets

Welcome :welcome:

12. prometheus

prometheus Empty Pockets

thank you gents. :highfive:

13. Bravo 25

Bravo 25 Empty Pockets

Hello, and welcome to EDC Forums.

Chuck