1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

XTAR NEW ARRIVAL- 08/11/2019

Discussion in 'XTAR (flashlights, battery chargers, batteries)' started by XTAR, Nov 4, 2019.

1. XTAR
    • Sponsor - Manufacturer

XTAR Loaded Pockets

XTAR is ready for a new 8-bay multi-purpose charger. Are you ready?
    Watch out for the New VC8, coming soon.

2. indigo_wolf

indigo_wolf AKA Breezy

UGH... FWIW, not really sure who the target audience for "teaser" videos is.

At a guess, I would say most of the people that frequent this forum are spec/price/availability oriented.

If that's a foible, that only I am afflicted with, fine. However, I would tend to think not.

ATB,
    Sam

3. XTAR
    • Sponsor - Manufacturer

XTAR Loaded Pockets

3 days left!!
    Are you ready for this?
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited by XTAR, Nov 7, 2019
    #3 XTAR, Nov 4, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2019
  4. indigo_wolf

indigo_wolf AKA Breezy

More details on the data available on the individual readouts?
    Supported cells?
    Ballpark price range?
    Total wattage load with all bays/channels filled (in case you want to use a USB charger bank).

[​IMG]

ATB,
    Sam

5. XTAR
    • Sponsor - Manufacturer

XTAR Loaded Pockets

Just 2 days to go until the official release of the New battery charger!!!

[​IMG]

#5 XTAR, Nov 6, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2019
  6. XTAR
    • Sponsor - Manufacturer

XTAR Loaded Pockets

1 day to go for the XTAR officially released on www.xtar.cc for the purchase.

[​IMG]

7. indigo_wolf

indigo_wolf AKA Breezy

Since I don't seem to be able to add a new topic, this seems like as good as any to post a question about the VC8.

Purchased from Amazon on July 22, 2020. Tonight when I went to charge 4 18650 batteries, 3 of the channels correctly identified the batteries and started charging. 1 of the channels displayed an "ERR" message. I took the battery put it back in, and it seemed to be charging. When I came back an hour later, the voltage for that channel displayed as 3.65, but the current was listed as 0000 mA. I took the battery out of that channel and put it into another one where the battery started charging fine. However the "faulty" channel now displayed 3.79 voltage and a current of 0000 mA. It continued displaying that while the batteries continued to charge with the battery type for that channel alternating between displaying Li-Ion and Ni-Mh.

After I was done charging and had removed the batteries, I unplugged the charger and plugged it back in with no batteries in any of the channels. The "faulty" one displays ---- for voltage, 0000 for current, and alternates between displaying Li-Ion and Ni-MH.

Is that channel basically broken and useless now? Is the charger still safe to use? The charger was never dropped or mishandled. It basically sat in a drawer and was used several times a week before being returned to the drawer Compared to others users, I would consider that fairly light usage. It's kind of disconcerting to have that kind of a product failure after 14 months.

ATB,
    Sam

Nick4305 likes this.
  8. XTAR
    • Sponsor - Manufacturer

XTAR Loaded Pockets

Hi Sam, pls kindly send the message to email: info@xtar.cc. Our sales team will help with your problem timely!

Nick4305 likes this.