1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Writing instruments ya don't own, yet might want to, someday

Discussion in 'Pens, Pencils, Notebooks, and Notebook Covers' started by oke, Apr 29, 2019.

1. oke

oke Loaded Pockets

So, I don't think that there's already an existing topic with a similar subject out there, so I thought I'd make one...

Made it mostly 'cuz I got an email recently about a second iteration of a writing instrument for which I didn't receive a notice about the first incarnation, and, for 2 reasons, even though I'd like to have tried it out, I haven't. First of all, the one I was interested in is a limited quantity production (like the other products often are) which is already sold out, and second, I don't have the funds to "splurge", even for the second version.

Well, to start off the thread, I think I'd like to track down one of BilletSpin's "Soul Pens", in the all-stainless steel version, with a clip. They may change the webpage, however, for now, you can at least see what they used to look like there, if you're interested.

I suppose that, besides this being a topic about those pens ya don't have which you want which aren't exactly your all-time fave, you could also mention your "grail" picks if ya haven't already acquired them...

Do ya have any that you're interested in, which ya don't have yet?

:cool:

2. smokingfish

smokingfish Loaded Pockets

A nice bolt action pen, in titanium and wide variety of ink fills.

3. Moshe ben David

Moshe ben David Loaded Pockets

I've been wanting a couple of fountain pens -- not that I 'need' more! (If you think edcf is filled with enablers you should spend time on Fountain Pen Network... yowzer! :) )

1) Pelikan Sovereign size 600. I have several size 200; also an 800 which is quite large. But I don't want just 'any' of the size 600. Pelikan had a LE series for cities/countries/famous 'regions'. So I keep my eyes open...

2) Visconti Homo Sapiens 'Bronze Age'... by fountain pen standards not the most expensive offering; but pricy enough that I've not pulled the trigger!

3) If I ever win the lottery big time I'd want to get a Nakaya fountain pen. Strictly handmade Japanese pens. Not usually what we'd think of as an edc pen, given the pricing! Here's a link just for anyone curious: http://www.nakaya.org/en/introgallery.aspx. For the more 'upscale' and expensive ones, go here: http://www.nakaya.org/en/gallery.aspx?body=Briar and select 'Makie' from the drop-down menu for Special barrel... !

L'chaim!

Moshe ben David

Last edited by Moshe ben David, Apr 30, 2019
    #3 Moshe ben David, Apr 30, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2019
    GregM, surefire7, twin63 and 3 others like this.
  4. ran23
    • In Omnia Paratus

ran23 Loaded Pockets

gorgeous pens.

5. Gobane

Gobane Empty Pockets

Fully agree with you. I would be interested in this pen.

ran23 likes this.
  6. Tesla

Tesla Loaded Pockets

I know it's sacrilege, but I'm good for the moment. There's nothing on the pen front that I'm lusting after...might change at a moment's notice, however.:)

Moshe ben David likes this.
  7. oke

oke Loaded Pockets

I just remembered some which I think are fun, at least, in terms of the creativity for the mechanism used to extend/retract the ink cartridge - Hidetoshi Nakayama's offerings (and a few are there; not sure if that's all that's been created) - I think of the Ride the Wind, Steam Ride, Steam Shift, Steam Slide Pens, the Steam Shift's the relatively simplest. I mean, it's totally not necessary to have a mechanism that operates the way those are made, yet they still seem fun. They may not be very practical either if they're heavy. That Steam Shift one's listed at 0.49 kg? Or ~1 pound? Still, if I got one, I'd probably think it's neat to use.

Oh, and similarly, I think any from the Microtech Siphon series seems like one I'd use, yet not one I could spring for anytime soon.

Cool, Tesla, that you're able to say you're good. I should be more like that.

:cool:

8. twin63

twin63 Loaded Pockets

I bought my first Franklin-Christoph pen in November. I now own 4, including the Model 19 which I had considered my grail pen. I haven't had any desire to look at other pens - not that I won't in the future, but for now I'm content.

There are 2 pens that I would consider if I hit the lottery.........The Doctor's Pen by Onoto and the Pelikan M800 Stone Garden. I'm just not quite ready to invest that much money. Maybe one day.

9. Moshe ben David

Moshe ben David Loaded Pockets

I wish you much strength! Acquisition of pens had been worse for me even than knives... and especially now that I'm more or less (well, actually more :( retired...)

L'chaim!

Moshe ben David

twin63 likes this.
  10. twin63

twin63 Loaded Pockets

Haha! Thanks, but I had bought about 30 fountain pens before the Franklin-Christophs. Too late for will power, but at least the Franklin-Christophs have slowed my procurement frenzy!

11. tbzbbt

tbzbbt Loaded Pockets

A yard-o-led grand viceroy. It is more a objet d’art than for practical use. Another pen that I crave is a good demonstrator. Unfortunately I have a mental aversion to spending significant Spondoolicks on a piece of clear plastic, so I have a selection of cheaper Lamy Vistas. A TWSBI mini may itch the scratch.

Tbzbbt