1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Wrist watch or cell phone for time?

Discussion in 'Watches' started by Colby, Mar 12, 2008.

1. Taylor

Taylor Empty Pockets

I wear a watch. Wearing a watch helps me manage my time. When I only had a cell phone, I was able to do a lot less. But now that I have a watch, my life is so much more full. I have the Casio F-91W. I bought it for nine bucks, and it is all I need.

[​IMG]

2. Elric

Elric Empty Pockets

Cell phone only here.

3. collectorfreak

collectorfreak Empty Pockets

To me, a phone as a watch is like using the phone as a pocket watch..
    A wrist watch is something different, IMHO a lot more practical when taking a quick glance at the time..

But maybe I am a bit biased.. I am afterall,... also a watch junkie.. :evilgrin:

4. Red Horn

Red Horn Loaded Pockets

With the short life cycles they build phones for (18 months most users) I try to keep it in it's holder as much as possible. Every minor drop and a crack or worse develops. :brickwall:

5. stockae92

stockae92 Loaded Pockets

watch is for telling time

and cell phone is for phone calls on the go

i don't mix the 2 together :)

6. BoxANT

BoxANT Empty Pockets

I was in the cell phone camp for a long time. But finally pulled the trigger on a Seiko Black Monster :D Too much time on these :censored: forums.

7. Timbokhan

Timbokhan Loaded Pockets

My phone has a GPS feature that can help me find my way around cities, so I guess that's sort of close. It works OK, but not great.

I am a HUGE fan of the G-shock. They are ugly, but I am pretty hard on watches and the G-Shocks take it all and keep right on going. My current model updates off the Atomic Clock and is solar, so neither batteries nor daylight savings time are anything I need to worry about.

8. mikel81

mikel81 Loaded Pockets

:sigh:

My watch battery just died. I didn't realize how many times I check the time until I had to dig my phone out of a pocket.

9. zshiner

zshiner Loaded Pockets

definitely the wrist ... much faster, always with me - can see it at night with zero effort when traveling ...

KM

10. peacefuljeffrey

I have a Nokia 6010 -- a very simple, rugged phone with no camera, no music player, no fancy-dancy ringtones, and most importantly, no moving parts! I got it in September 2005, so it's almost three years old. It's been dropped from my waist (holstered there) to the ground -- including cement, tile, paved and carpeted surfaces -- numerous times and is still in fine working order, with just a few scuffs on the (easily replaceable) plastic shell.

My dad had a similar model phone and took it to a cellular phone store to see about an "upgrade": the clerk told him, "KEEP this phone -- it's one of the few left that won't break in no time at all." So my dad stuck with that good ol' simple Nokia.

I use a watch for my time-telling. NO I do not use the phone for that. I've worn a watch since the first grade in school. I think I always will.

As a matter of fact, I'm one of those rare right-handers who wore his watch on the right wrist for a lonnnng time. On Wednesday, 5/28/08, on a lark, I switched from right to left wrist and have been getting myself used to that. I now prefer having my right arm/wrist/hand totally unencumbered by any accessories or jewelry.

11. Red Horn

Red Horn Loaded Pockets

Mine is a simple Samsung flip. No camera, no external display and other features other than for making calls or storing #s. Not having a camera is a plus if you try to gain access to certain government or state buildings. This one I have had for over three years and only recall dropping it once while descending carpeted stairs. Two small cracks have developed on each major side. There is a Sanyo (SCP-7050) that is touted as being rugged with better displays than mine. I can't decide to go for it now or wait till mine dies. It would be easier to transfer #s with it still operable, although I do have them listed elsewhere. :shrug: If it had an external display I would probably check time with it on occasion.

12. faca

faca Loaded Pockets

my phone, Nokia 6120c watch is no too precise so I use my wrist watch :lolhammer:

13. hardline_42

hardline_42 Empty Pockets

Oris Titanium Regulator most days. Digging in my pocket and flipping open my cell is too much work compared to glancing at my wrist.

14. hardcider75

hardcider75 Loaded Pockets

Definitely wrist watch. On rainy days taking your phone out of your pocket is just asking for it to get ruined.

15. *Hawk*

*Hawk* Loaded Pockets

:iagree:

I enjoy looking at my wrist watches.
    Each time I look at my watch, it reminds me how simple things can bring a smile to my face.

16. Uncle Zungle

Uncle Zungle Loaded Pockets

Watch. It's just a nicer thing than any cell phone.

17. copykat

copykat Loaded Pockets

When i had a job, i always wore a watch.
    but for the last 15 years I've been self employed so I don't HAVE to be anywhere!
    I have clocks at home in my car and at work so the phone works for me.
    I've been looking at watches for a dress look but havn't bit the bullet
    because I'm afraid I won't wear it. :laugh:

18. P35

P35 Loaded Pockets

wrist watch for me

19. Tyson

Tyson Empty Pockets

I have a wrist watch or two, but for some reason I keep forgetting to put it back on in the morning and so I find myself pulling my phone out of my jeans pocket to always read the clock. It's quite annoying actually.

20. shrap

shrap Loaded Pockets

You take off your watch? Time to get another one with better lume *heh*