1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Would you buy multi-tool on Ebay?

Discussion in 'MultiTools and Other Pocket Tools' started by misbehave, Oct 25, 2010.

1. erikb02809

erikb02809 Loaded Pockets

If the seller has a high positive feedback rating, I'd go for it. And you've got buyer protection through paypal just in case.

2. znapschatz

znapschatz Loaded Pockets

Over several years, I bought three, all great deals. Minor issues with one were quickly made good by the dealer, so I'd say heck, yeah. You have to be patient, though. Compared to buying from other vendors, what you are looking for isn't always available or at the right price exactly when you want it.

3. nyckmc

nyckmc Loaded Pockets

I bought a TSA confiscated leatherman surge for about 30$- its used but I am very rough on my stuff- and didn't want to pay retail.

search for leatherman -new or used on ebay and you would be surprised at how many court or TSA confiscated stuff is on there.

4. misbehave

misbehave Empty Pockets

Nice!
    Let me try that.

5. LinuxHack3r

LinuxHack3r Empty Pockets

I have bought countless things on Ebay, and sold nearly 100 things myself on there. Not once have I ran into problems, not a single problem of any kind. Be careful, and be sure to always look into feedback, and if it sounds really really too good to be true, it probably is. But sometimes the too good to be true's are true, but it's the really really good to be true's you have to watch for;)

6. StealthChaser13

StealthChaser13 Loaded Pockets

I just bought a multi-tool on ebay last week. Got it in the mail yesterday. Already planning to modify it a little.

7. pilsnerman

pilsnerman Loaded Pockets

Like nyckmc recomends . I have bought all my multi-tools from dealers of TSA confiscated stuff .

8. BananaBoy_S4

BananaBoy_S4 Loaded Pockets

I have purchased three Leathermans on ebay:

1) Charge TTi - new in box, gift tin was dented since it wasn't shipped in a box/padded envelope, tool in perfect working order
    2) Original Wave - excellent condition, could not tell if it was ever used, sheath has a small ding in the leather
    3) PST 2 - tool was in overall excellent condition, only the blade was used and has some scratches but that does not bother me, sheath in perfect condition

I will only buy on ebay if the seller posts legitimate photos of the item. I am not turned off if the description makes it sound like they don't know what their talking about, as long as the tool looks good, I'll buy it.

I would also never buy from a seller who is too lazy to take pictures of the item and instead uses a stock image from the manufacturer's website. I can't stand that/

9. DM11

DM11 Loaded Pockets

I`ve bought well over a hundred MTs off ebay. Most with out a hitch. There is some good advise all ready given on what to look for and watch out for so wont given repeat it.

10. lmorrison17

lmorrison17 Empty Pockets

I bought my wave there. Could not be happier.