1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Work Toiletries Carry, speedy response requested!

Discussion in 'Other Every Day Carry Items' started by HoldingAces, Sep 15, 2017.

1. HoldingAces

HoldingAces Empty Pockets

So I picked up some overtime shifts last minute for this weekend. I work 36hrs straight from 0800 tomorrow till 2000 Sunday. And I left all my shower supplies in my office. I plan to swing by Walmart and pick up the necessities in travel size tomorrow morning on my way in, but I also figured it'd be a great way to revamp my EDC of shower shiz.

For clarification I'm a firefighter, but I'm in a temporary assignment as senior staff and academy drill instructor. So NORMALLY I work M-F 0630-1700ish and PT with the recruits each morning. I then shower and begin my day. But for mobile, aka on-shift work, how do ya'll carry your soap and washcloth, etc?

I want to find compact way to carry the essentials (soap, washcloth) without it leaking everywhere inside my pack. Lemme know!

2. Tallboyjim

Tallboyjim Loaded Pockets

I use little travel ones so if they do leak, there isn't a pint of shower gel sloshing around!

3. Mumbojumboo
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner

Mumbojumboo EDC Junkie!!!!!

I zip lock everything. Everything.

RoadWizard likes this.
  4. toemke

toemke Loaded Pockets

Zip lock bags are good in a pinch or temporarily, but over time with wear they will fail, so I recommend getting a waterproof/resistant pouch for the long run.
    The pouch on the left is my current backup toiletries kit, but unfortunately it's only on sale in Germany. I hear good think of the Magpul Daka and the Exped Vista pouches, so you could checkout them.
    [​IMG]

Treadwisely likes this.
  5. Uprightman

Uprightman Loaded Pockets

I prefer bar soap, and carry that in a soap holder. Then I fill a go tube (made by humangear) with shampoo. I like solid cologne for traveling, and keep a backpacking towel in my dopp kit. Shaving is tougher because I prefer old school wet shaving. I keep it all in a Bomber & Co dopp kit bag.

Treadwisely likes this.
  6. HoldingAces

HoldingAces Empty Pockets

Ya'll are awesome. Thank you!

7. Mumbojumboo
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner

Mumbojumboo EDC Junkie!!!!!

Those zip locks have been in there for a few years. Get used daily. (MOST OF THE TIME. Ha)

[​IMG]Mumbo shave kit by mumbojumboo, on Flickr

8. Municipal_Jedi

Municipal_Jedi Loaded Pockets

Your avatar looks like you don't have hair so that simplifies things (no need for shampoo) I can't remember the last time I used shampoo anyway. I like to take large bar soap and shave off single use slices with either a hot knife or a band-saw. This means I only have to take the one sliver into the shower and there is no soggy, mushy soap sitting in my kit. Toothpaste I use travel size, deodorant is a solid and that is pretty much all I have for a kit. I wear a beard so there is no shaving required on a regular basis.

9. reppans

reppans Loaded Pockets

Here's my EDC/camping toiletry kit - most of it multi-tasking so parts of my other kits. Dr Bronner's in a 8ml Visine dropper is my goto shampoo/soap (even at home) and I even use it as toothpaste while camping. I do Navy showers w/ my 1L Nalgene - just jump into the woods for some cover.

Everclear is primarily my alky stove fuel, dehydrated vodka, and pot/utensil cleaner/sterilizer, but it also makes fine wet wipes, hand sanitizer, mouthwash, and deodorant.

[​IMG]

Mumbojumboo likes this.
  10. Mudinyeri

Mudinyeri Loaded Pockets

Xwhatever for Zip-Lock bags.