1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Woah, hawaii wants to ban all folding knives?

Discussion in 'Knives' started by jzmtl, Feb 3, 2009.

1. Towanda

Towanda Loaded Pockets

The legislation has been proposed, not passed. Most boneheaded legislation like this dies in committee.

2. spaceconvoy

spaceconvoy Loaded Pockets

I was on Oahu for four years, but just recently left. I admit all my info on this subject is second hand, just talking story with the guys at work - since you're the corrections officer, I'll trust your stats over mine any day.... But, I suspect that most knife fights won't result in an arrest, nobody's going to rat the other guy out, even if they just put him in the ER. From what I hear, most of these 'fights' are just a couple of mokes showing off and maybe someone will get a small gash at which point his buddies will break things up and take him home. The kind of guys that will beat the snot out of each other, but if they see a cop they'll act like best buddies until they're out of sight. No one's trying to kill each other, just acting tough and trying to 'prove' themselves. Nothing really serious, and nothing like the hardened criminals you must see all the time. Anyways, this is just my impression, I have no stats to back this up.

3. jujigatame

jujigatame Loaded Pockets

Hey Chad, any chance you can get in touch with some sensibly-minded government officials (there must be at least one) and send them something with which to change this idiotic proposal? Something they can use to "edit", if you catch my drift. :)

4. fuzzypockets

fuzzypockets Empty Pockets

Hello

DayWalker did not know you were a Christian glad to know , hard to touch that subject when you don't know the person, You are right, there is no such thing as luck and the biggist weapon we have against any thing is God and prayer. Keep the faith Brother cause with out it we are doomed.

FP

5. potterma

potterma Empty Pockets

Its hard to comprehend the insanity that drives people.... Control freak with absolutely no clue. And worse, POWER!

Keep us up to date DW. This crap needs to get put down NOW!

6. cl0123

cl0123 Loaded Pockets

:shrug: Kinda wonder what is the rational behind this proposal?

With Aloha,

Clarence

7. TKC

TKC Loaded Pockets

We can not let this happen!

8. schadenfreude

schadenfreude Empty Pockets

9. Rawls

Rawls Loaded Pockets

This is SO stupid. I can't imagine this ban working...ever. There are just too many jobs that require knives.

If anyone knows the legal team for the knife lobby, PM me with their contact info. I have litigated this :censored: before and I'd be happy to lend a hand.

10. yam350

yam350 Loaded Pockets

Ridiculous! That makes a criminal of every Chef that may take the tools of his trade from one job to another or any individual that should buy even normal dinner cutlery with a blade exceeding 3 1/2". Or for that matter campers,hikers,mountaineers etc etc.
    The asylum is being run by the lunatics!

11. AmbuBadger

AmbuBadger Loaded Pockets

I hope this won't be the reason why I have to switch to a Hawkhook or ResCom for EDC... laws like this are ridiculous. Then again, a few nights ago we had a total of eight knife-related injuries. The one that made the news was a 19yo male on meth who stabbed two hikers, one of them seriously injured. I don't know why we always have to pay for the crimes of a stupid few...

12. WillCAD

WillCAD Loaded Pockets

Idiotic legislation like this usually comes from the demented idea that all human beings are basically good, until corrupted by the evil that exists in inanimate objects. By removing the evil objects, the reasoning goes, we can cause all people to revert to their basically warm and fuzzy nature.

Hogwash, says I. Evil doesn't come from inanimate objects like knives or guns, it comes from the human heart. Whether a person is born good or evil or is made that way by environment is an age-old argument (I believe it's a combination of both), but the idea that inanimate objects can corrupt an otherwise-good person is ludacris superstition.

Bas folding knives, and the hoodlums in HA will simply start carrying screwdrivers (like the guys in New York who tried to rob Bernnie Getz - and look how that ended up for them!) Ban screwdrivers, and they will carry baseball bats. Ban baseball bats, and they will carry yo-yos. Ban yo-yos, and they will carry fruitcakes tied to clotheslines.

No matter what you ban, the violent people of the world will find some way to perpetrate violence on others.

13. charlie fox

charlie fox Loaded Pockets

O0 :iagree:

14. yam350

yam350 Loaded Pockets

:iagree: O0 Yeah double on that.

15. porkchop

porkchop Loaded Pockets

The next thing they will try to ban are all homes made of brick.
    Other than the fact that someone else doesn't have a house made of brick and that is totally unfair; think about it...

That many deadly weapons in one place.
    No one should be able to own that many dangerous weapons(bricks) in any shape, manner or form. You know they may just go off and bludgeon someone.
    Plus, there is no way that you should be allowed to own all of those 2x4 studs used to build the walls, floors, and roof of the dwelling.
    They could be used to harm someone. Not to mention all of those nails and screws used to assemble the structure.
    Egads and woe is us.

Sorry for that. :rant:
    It just makes me mad when people try to protect the lawful from the unlawful and the only people harmed are the lawful that the law is supposed to protect.

16. SpyderNoir_JHA

SpyderNoir_JHA Loaded Pockets

17. Rocket Jones

Rocket Jones Empty Pockets

Just the fact that it's out there makes it a bad precedent. That and I always take anything a politician says with a huge grain of salt. Like the saying goes:

Q: How can you tell if a politician is lying?

A: His lips are moving.

:laugh:

18. Daywalker
    • In Omnia Paratus

Daywalker EDC Junkie!!!

19. jujigatame

jujigatame Loaded Pockets

Viva la Onion!

20. jzmtl

jzmtl Loaded Pockets

Good news!

SO he introduced a bill that he will vote against, wonder who the heck came up with it to begin with.