1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

wife won't allow gun I GOT A KIMBER NOW 10-10-09

Discussion in 'Handguns' started by ssmtbracer, Aug 16, 2009.

1. macman37

macman37 Empty Pockets

Re: wife won't allow gun

Ditto... Getting rid of them is not an option. She's unfortunately not as "into" them as I am, but I have gotten her to the range. I've had her to the range several times and drill into her head what she is to do with "her" nightstand gun if something bad happens and I am not home.

We'll celebrate our 16th anniversary next month. :smitten:

And Happy Anniversary to you!

2. P35

P35 Loaded Pockets

a different wife/girlfriend :luck:

3. Synaptic Misfire
    • In Omnia Paratus

Synaptic Misfire Loaded Pockets

I fixed that post for ya'!!!

I kid, I kid!!!

If she is not opposed and needs some proof show her this PDF. Especially the section on women.

Gun facts

4. jfirebalrog

jfirebalrog Empty Pockets

What is up with you guys? It is not up to your wife to "allow" anything . Darn Tv has women scared silly.Being well educated actually makes the problem more prevalent (education is indoctrination).Honestly if my wife "wouldn't allow" something as important as guns she wouldn't be my wife very long. :thumbsdown:

Sorry guys this gets to me, but I should have read the posts more thoroughly.
    It sounds like you are making progress ,show her "Innocents Betrayed" put out by JPFO. Let her see why guns should be in every home.

5. vrocco

vrocco Loaded Pockets

Get her one of these:
    [img width=480 height=640]http://i728.photobucket.com/albums/ww281/vitorocco/pinkgun3.jpg[/img]

Yes that is my lovely wife and her custom duracoated AR. Gotta love her!

6. jfirebalrog

jfirebalrog Empty Pockets

you're a lucky guy! I still can't get used to pink rifles.Dose she shoot matches with it?

7. Coaster

Coaster Empty Pockets

According to the DoJ in approx. 75% of "Crimes of Violence" the response time was 6 min or more. That goes up to 89% for burglaries and other property crimes.

So just run through a scenario with her of excellent police response time. Assuming an incompetent criminal lets say it takes him 2 min to get into the house from the time you hear him outside checking for unlocked doors and such. That leaves 4 min. (not including how long it took you to find and dial the phone) that you are waiting. When you go over this make sure the house is quiet, then sit there and time out 4 min., don't say anything just sit there and look at her. It's a painfully long time to wait with only a frying pan for defense.

Then after the first 6 min. is over you can point out that there is only a ~ 55% chance that the police would even be there in ANOTHER 5 min. :thumbsdown:

It's just not possible for the police to be everywhere at once.

8. vrocco

vrocco Loaded Pockets

Not matches, but she shoots it plenty.........we go to the range at least once a week. That's just the fanciest of her collection. She also has handguns, shotguns and a few other rifles.

9. ssmtbracer

ssmtbracer EDC Junkie!!!!!

I thought that was a fake gun at first it does not even look real. I gotta say I love my wife very much she is the best thing to ever happen to me her only fault is that she will not let me have a gun. I will show her the PDF and see what she thinks thanks for all the responses keep em comin

10. ReadyFreddy23

ReadyFreddy23 Loaded Pockets

Unfortunately, this isn't a logical argument that can be won with logic. This is an emotional topic for your Wife. Somehow, you have to get to the root of the negative emotion and then find a way to replace it with a positive emotion.

*** See if any of your friends have Wives that like to shoot and schedule a double date at the range.
    *** See if your friends wives would like to participate in a basic self defense/pistol safety class (try to find a female instructor).

My Wife "HATES" guns! She "HATES" my knives too. Nothing I've said or done over the past 10 yrs has made her change her mind about how she feels towards guns and knives. My Wife thinks that by having a gun in the house that it's too dangerous for the kids. She thinks guns magically shoot themselves.

We've agreed to disagree about guns and knives and we've also adopted the "don't ask, don't tell" policy. She doesn't ask if I'm carrying and I don't tell her that I'm carrying

There are things that she wants/believes in that I don't want/believe but I don't tell her she can't want/believe those things and vice versa.

She prefers to not see the guns. She doesn't want to see the safe. She doesn't want to know the combination. She pretends they're not there.

About a year ago, there was an attempted break-in near us. The thing that scared my Wife was that the break-in attempt happened when the man of the house was leaving early for work and his wife was still home. Somebody was waiting for the him to leave before they tried to break-in. The woman in the house (single story house) heard something coming from her bathroom window and she thought it was a cat. She pulled up the blinds and saw a man trying to get in the window. She screamed and the burglar ran off.

Since then, my Wife has actually asked me to keep a shotgun by our bed for things that go bump in the night. In the morning, she wants it locked up again (we have 3 kids ages 4-16).

BTW, whenever she needs anything opended or cut, she calls me and asks if I have a knife. She does the same thing if she needs a flashlight.

11. WARFIST

WARFIST Banned

you could just buy her a gun for christmas and see how that goes over hahaha then if she dont blow it out of proportion slowly start taking her to a gun range and getting her comfy with one or you could reverse this take her to the rnage first and let her build up confidence in firearms then surprise her for her birthday or christmas!

12. Pineapple Devil

Pineapple Devil Loaded Pockets

wont "ALLOW" you to have a gun. are you not your own person. in a marriage you dont "allow" or "not allow" the other from doing something

13. MrReady

MrReady Empty Pockets

This whole things sucks. Sorry to hear that some wifes dont "allow" guns. I dont live
    with you guys but I usually have the final word. Maybe your luck will change. Its not
    easy but if an act of violence happens to your family she might change he rmind. I
    hope that NEVER happens. I say safe than sorry though.

14. ssmtbracer

It does suck but I have every thing but a gun. Baton, knives, pepper spray 1lbs units to the 2oz, and beat sticks randomly in the house also my pit bull bonnie who always lets us know when someone is around the outside of the house.

15. heathah

heathah Loaded Pockets

I'm not sure where you're from but you might think about purchasing a firearm with a non-SD purpose such as a hunting rifle or shotgun then slowly expanding on that. However, if you have a wife that doesn't like firearms this much then that might be a hard sell too.

If that fails, tell her about the Bill of Rights! ;)

Heath

16. MrReady

MrReady Empty Pockets

To be honst I rather be shot than face a pitbull. I am terrified of those dogs. lol

17. ssmtbracer

I'm hoping that who ever thinks about breaking in feels the same way.

18. Stutoffee

Stutoffee Loaded Pockets

Threaten to buy a Drum kit instead! ;D

Im sure she'd soon warm to the idea of a gun!

19. deeker

deeker Loaded Pockets

20. lynnaea

lynnaea Empty Pockets

That's a great editorial -- thanks for the link.

My favorite quote from it: "There is a rule about being killed: being killed clothed involves far less suffering and humiliation than being killed naked. You get bonus points (in terms of reduced pain and degradation) if you die standing." O0