1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Wider Pens

Discussion in 'Pens, Pencils, Notebooks, and Notebook Covers' started by MrMatt, Sep 2, 2013.

1. MrMatt

MrMatt Loaded Pockets

Hello everyone!

I was wondering if anyone had a good suggestion for a little wider than standard pen. I am not talking as wide as the Piolet PHD pen, but larger than a bic, Parker Jotter, or the Zebra 701.

I would also like a bit nicer pen and am willing to spend up to $80 for a pen.

Thanks in advance!

2. salve7

salve7 Loaded Pockets

How about a pilot g10 limited for about $12? I love to draw with the bold gel inks.

3. offroadie

offroadie Empty Pockets

Karas Kustoms's Bolt design is .45 wide - the most comfortable width I've found.

4. bubbaj

bubbaj Loaded Pockets

There are a bunch out there. It all depends on what kind of pen you are looking for. Clicky or cap. Ballpoint, rollerball/gel, fountain pen. I bought a space pen and I want to love it but it is to thin. I picked up a parker jotter today and I like it but it's just passable for me thickness wise. I have a turtle pen which I like but I don't edc it. Check out kaweco al sports. I have one of their rollerballs and I like it but it's the plastic version and feels cheap but i like the design. The tibolt seems like it may be decent but I think it's out of your price range. Check out the embassy pens from countycomm too if you don't mind caps

5. RMinNJ

RMinNJ Loaded Pockets

A lot wider ones out there. Probably the widest pen ever is my Michaels Fatboy Chopper. This is the pen
    that made me realize that the smaller manufacturers were, in fact, building better pens. At .5 inches wide
    with no taper it's the widest I know about...much too wide from your description of not Pilot Phd wide.

I would think of any of the other pens mentioned on the forum here will be .45 inches or less. Probably some
    taper would be good if your worried about it being too wide.

A Retro51 Tornado being the lower cost but nice tapered girth is one place to start.

6. Stonerman33
    • In Omnia Paratus

Stonerman33 Loaded Pockets

+1 on the tornado as a starting point. Excellent build quality, lots of color/design options to choose from, and at $20-30, quite affordable. They can also use Parker refills as well, so that's a nice bonus.

7. riot

riot Loaded Pockets

The new Boker KID pen is about 1/2" thick. I'm really liking mine so far!

Sent from my HTC Droid DNA using Tapatalk 4!

8. MrMatt

MrMatt Loaded Pockets

Wow! Thanks for all the suggestions I will look into these!