1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Why Not Same Pistol Every Day?

Discussion in 'Handguns' started by bsquared, Feb 14, 2010.

1. grayman

grayman Loaded Pockets

The aiming point is between the nose and the upper lip. Sure it's small, but we're talking short distances. Consider it a slightly modified version of the Mozambique drill. This is where repeated practice comes in, but each to their own.

Sorry for getting so far off topic....

2. Lawyerman

Lawyerman Empty Pockets

Different tools for different jobs.

Also, gun people tend to be "stuff" people, we have cool knives, cool flashlights, cool pants :rolleyes: and other stuff....

SO....we think we need to have more than one or two guns- also cool....and if you HAVE more than a few guns....then you will want to CARRY a different one from time to time.

May not be the best situation from a pure defensive tool perspective but most handguns are not all that much different in reality. Any of the "modern" defensive pistols fall into one of three categories- DA auto-Sig, Beretta, Single Action ala 1911 and the Striker fired Glocks, Hk's, XD's .....Many of these guns are simply point and shoot. Some have an external safety- usually right under the thumb, a few (less popular every day) have slide mounted safeties. They aren't that tough to figure out.

3. Versatek

Versatek Loaded Pockets

Some time ago, I settled into the mindset that I will have only one manual of arms to remember with my carry guns. I only use classic SIGs. They a work the same, the sights look the same, and when one is in my hands, I don't have to think about how it works.

I have others I shoot for fun and to remain competent with them, but voluntarily lock myself into one carry platform.