1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Why is CountyComm AAA flashlight constantly out of stock?

Discussion in 'Flashlights & Other Illumination Devices' started by Miamic70, Jun 14, 2016.

1. Miamic70

Miamic70 Loaded Pockets

Why is CountyComm AAA flashlight constantly out of stock?
    So frustrating that a company obviously has a product that consumers want to buy yet can't seem too keep thier supply chain in order. Every time I go to place an order one or the other is out of stock and the ETA's are a joke. Took me months to pick up brass and copper version now it's been almost 6 months waiting on a stainless steel version.

2. Fragarach

Fragarach Loaded Pockets

Sounds like lazyness to maintain a low overhead and still be able to bulk buy to me.
    They dont have stock because they don't order replacements until a portion of the order is pre paid by customers.

3. 0dBm

0dBm Loaded Pockets

It is because of the relatively high demand that, despite the niché market, has become somewhat inflated due to the ballyhoo & balderdash that emanates from fora such as ours, that, in-turn causes a modicum of inelasticity of that product.

Jonb74 and WyOkBuckskin like this.
  4. Nick4305
    • In Omnia Paratus

Nick4305 EDC Junkie!!!!!

My self-question is how they can have something in stock...

TOPOS and TECENG like this.
  5. goosefacer
    • In Omnia Paratus

goosefacer EDC Junkie!!!!!

Because CC sucks hard

TOPOS likes this.
  6. Miamic70

Miamic70 Loaded Pockets

But not having stock makes NO business sense. I mean I can understand if it was some high tech device with lots of components and lead times but it's a freaking flashlight. They could be selling tons more and driving business to thier site and driving more sales and new customers. Makes no sense to me.

7. Fragarach

Fragarach Loaded Pockets

It does actually make sense if the business has limited capital and cannot afford to keep it locked up in stock that may take months to clear.
    It's annoying for customers. But its far from unheard of.

Particleman and 0dBm like this.
  8. mike3145

mike3145 Loaded Pockets

Then they're probably not making much money off of whatever they ARE selling. With a decent P&L it isn't too hard to get a loan for inventory. Of course, they may not what to borrow money and it may not be necessary if they have enough customers willing to wait.

9. lasnow01

lasnow01 Empty Pockets

i bought a AAA maratac copper flashlight around the 1st of this month and i already receiced it

10. EZDog

EZDog EDC Junkie!!!!!

I was under the impression that they build everything for other clients and sell at retail what is left over from the runs and contracts that they have fulfilled already?
    If so that would explain why they have crazy limited stock much of the time.

11. davidt1

davidt1 Loaded Pockets

I am leery of marketing tactics like, "originally designed for law enforcement use. Now available to the public." When the original Maratac came out years ago, they said a government agency was buying this light. To this day, I haven't been able figure out which government agency would be buying single AAA lights.

Many companies play to the thinking that, if it's good for FBI, police, government, then it must be a good product for me.

12. EZDog

EZDog EDC Junkie!!!!!

I don't see this as a marketing tactic in this case?

If it were they WOULD have them in stock all the time.
    If it is it is not working too well?

Miamic70 likes this.
  13. Miamic70

Miamic70 Loaded Pockets

Exactly!

14. WyOkBuckskin

WyOkBuckskin Loaded Pockets

Ouch, I had a couple synapses fire that have not been used in quite some time to dig your choice of vocabulary out of the back room in my noggin.

0dBm likes this.
  15. mike3145

mike3145 Loaded Pockets

Maybe it's the IRS. If the power goes out do don't need much light to look for errors in tax returns. ;)

16. Gryffin
    • In Omnia Paratus

Gryffin Loaded Pockets

That's nothing. I've long craved one of the AA versions, which — as far as I can tell — has been listed on their site, but out of stock, for the last twelve years. :furious:

17. Miamic70

Miamic70 Loaded Pockets

Funny how these same type of business complain later about losing customers to Amazon, Walmart, Etc... Yet this is how they do business. Same goes for many US based companies that complain yet refuse to innovate or evolve.

18. gazz98

gazz98 Loaded Pockets

I've heard about these complaints and concerns for a long time now on various forums. They have some neat stuff but I have never ordered from them and probably never will.

I like their website. It reminds of websites I used to design back in the 90s.

19. Miamic70

Miamic70 Loaded Pockets

Now they tell me AAA flashlights are pushed back to October except for titanium one! :censored:?
    How can they stay in business constantly turning away customers wanting to give them money. This is why I don't give a rats :censored: about supporting Mom and Pop stores or limit my purchases to US vendors. I am sure I can order similar light (because it's made in China for them by Olight I think) off eBay or Amazon and have it shipped from China to my door in a few days.

20. jcwagers

jcwagers Loaded Pockets

From what I could see right now, they have the copper, brass, and titanium AAA lights in stock. I don't know how long they will stay in stock but they say in stock at the moment. I'm not too keen on some of the prices, being that they are AAA lights, but that's just personal opinion. If you're interested, definitely check on them and see. :)

http://www.countycomm.com/aaalights.html