1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Why everyone should have a 50 cent P-38

Discussion in 'Keychain Tools' started by dd61999, Sep 11, 2007.

1. Lugsalot

Lugsalot EDC Junkie!!!!!

Bought ten P-51's a couple days ago at a mil-surp store in Seattle. Bit overpriced at a buck-fifteen each, I think, but it was worth it to finally have found some. They were marked "US SHELBY CO.," just like the little 38's I found in Hawaii.

I also picked up four P-38's. Three of them, marked simply "US," seemed looser and sloppier than the Shelby ones. The one oddball was kind of beat-up and marked "US SPEAKER." It was the only one in the box so-marked. Thought it interesting, so I nabbed it.

Can't wait to try one of the P-51's out on some unsuspecting cans! :evilgrin:

2. sandmountainslim

sandmountainslim Empty Pockets

The ones marked simply "US" are new production made in TAIWAN of all places! lol!
    The beat up US Speaker will last a lifetime! I have carried the same Speaker for years. J.W. Speaker of Milwaukee was the only company who provided P38's to the military in WWII, Korea and Vietnam.
    Wp

3. Lugsalot

Lugsalot EDC Junkie!!!!!

Taiwan? No kidding? Haha! :laugh:

Well, I had to sample all the goods they had in the box. I'm really digging the 51's, as they have the lanyard hole at the opposite end of the blade (as opposed to the 38's).

I'm going to give that Speaker a try on something soon. It's kind of roughed up (even has some ballpoint pen markings on it, for some reason ??? ), but it appears solid enough for some real work. I have enough of the Shelby's to really beat on 'em and see what they're made of, and still have enough left over for gifts.

4. sandmountainslim

sandmountainslim Empty Pockets

Here is what my Speaker looks like after years of hard work on my keychain being used as fifteen different tools lol!

[img width=640 height=511]http://i661.photobucket.com/albums/uu332/sandmountainslim/0718091400a.jpg[/img]