1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Why do people love the Space Pen?

Discussion in 'Pens, Pencils, Notebooks, and Notebook Covers' started by Dedrich, Dec 22, 2014.

1. Tony Sal

Tony Sal EDC Junkie!!!

Thanks gang- gonna stick with my original ~ Im taping ok here with my finger!

2. Tony Sal

Tony Sal EDC Junkie!!!

Not blobby if you use a 'fine' ~ I never liked fine but trust me....

3. Reidar Chr. L. Guttormsen

Reidar Chr. L. Guttormsen Loaded Pockets

I know. I never use the stylus. My finger is quite sufficient :) So i regret not buying a 'clean' one

Tony Sal likes this.
  4. tankmbt

tankmbt Loaded Pockets

Bought a Bullet yesterday, so far it's pretty neat.

I like the feel of it in hand while writing as it has a nice heft and balance.

Writes nice enough, my only worry is losing it in slanted pockets. May have to store it in my back right pocket with my bandana.

QuodErat, kkay and Tony Sal like this.
  5. Kansas Cat

Kansas Cat Empty Pockets

Finally broke down and bought some Fisher pens. Came home today, and they were here!!! I'm not used to such a small pen, but definitely gonna have one in my pocket from now on.
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kkay and Dadpool like this.
  6. Tony Sal

Tony Sal EDC Junkie!!!

Two hand, small? I like it carry it a the time- fine point not med. trust me!

7. Jammin82

Jammin82 Loaded Pockets

Agree with everyone here. it's the ONLY thing that'll write ANY-DARN-WHERE pretty much. Fortunately, I don't have a need to write upside down that often, or on ice, or in the rain, etc. That being said, my EDC bag does have their stealth click pen in it at all times. But my fountain pens get more use.

8. Reidar Chr. L. Guttormsen

Ordered the 'fine' refills as recomended in this thread, but when I changed them out, my BG4/S bullet with stylus 'popped it's cork' and will not stay in when i push it back. As this is what holds the refill in place, it have rendered the pen useless....grrrer

[​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tony Sal likes this.
  9. DCBman

DCBman Loaded Pockets

Well, I often travel into space. I generally try to get there every weekend. Most times I only get into semi-ellipical orbit around the Moon, but I have been known to venture to Mars, Jupiter and Pluto. My trusty Fisher Space Pen is always there with me. I can fill out the star logs, write David Bowie songs and muse deep space poetry on the cabin walls in zero-G.

The really cool thing about the pen is when i have to 'transport' into alternate, yet parallel universes. It still writes, and I can make my notes in two different time references The ink is so durable it will stand the time-shift and periodic time quakes without running or fading.

I always carry one in my pocket...uhhh, space-suit!

10. Reidar Chr. L. Guttormsen

Seriously? Are you ignorant of the history of this pen or just willfully pissing all over those that posted in this thread? Excuse me for not getting the joke, I thoght this was a place i could indulge my love for my edc gear without ridicule.

sino2 and Tony Sal like this.
  11. DCBman

DCBman Loaded Pockets

Chill! I was just joking, sheesh! I have a couple space pens myself (3 in fact), and I do like their convenience and functionality. I EDC one every day. No need to have an aneurysm.

I guess things like "fun" and "levity" are rare commodities anymore. I honestly thought you'd get a chuckle out of what I wrote (I guess I was sorely mistaken on that point). Don't worry...won't happen again!

Last edited by DCBman, Apr 6, 2016
    sino2, davidnl, Shike and 2 others like this.
  12. Reidar Chr. L. Guttormsen

Well, sorry that i did not get the joke. I understand now that you meant no harm, just felt like a slap in the face at the time.

sino2 likes this.
  13. DCBman

DCBman Loaded Pockets

Well, my intent was completely otherwise.

Now if you'll excuse me, I need to go suit up, go through my re-entry checklist and initiate my de-orbital burn.

14. RMinNJ

RMinNJ Loaded Pockets

While I don't like how the refill writes for all my writing at work the bullet is my go to weekend pocket pen. Small and guaranteed to write on whatever I need to on the weekends. I do think with the right paper they can be great writers. I remember trying blue ink one in the store and whether it was well used or the paper was ideal it wrote really nice with no skips or white spots in the letters. Bt mine always write with skipping.

15. DCBman

DCBman Loaded Pockets

16. LuxN

LuxN Loaded Pockets

I I've mine because it fits perfectly into my wallet (a spot was actually made to fit the bullet pen in my wallet) and will write in almost ANY condition a normal person would put themselves in throughout a day.

[​IMG]

17. ChadHahn

ChadHahn Loaded Pockets

The only problem I have with the bullet pens is that they fall out of my pocket when I'm wearing chinos or cargo shorts. I've lost a couple that way.

Chad

TV09 and Tony Sal like this.
  18. Tony Sal

Tony Sal EDC Junkie!!!

And 'fine' is not that thin and shakey, works great.

Sent by P F M !

19. Tony Sal

Tony Sal EDC Junkie!!!

Sorry buddy- I meant the little orig Space Pen for that cart..

Sent by P F M !

20. Tony Sal

Tony Sal EDC Junkie!!!

I believe the Russians were having money/design problems- their Cosmos simply carried pencils! Stop by Pluto for beer if you are in the 'hood.

Sent by P F M !

The Albino Yeti and Shike like this.