1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Who rides bicycles and what are you riding

Discussion in 'The Breakroom' started by plumberroy, Feb 15, 2013.

1. Narcosynthesis

Narcosynthesis Loaded Pockets

I have a couple I ride semi regularly...

The mountain bike is a Gary Fisher Wahoo - not a particularly expensive bike, but has so far served me well (but is needing some work and upgrading - ripped seats and nearing slick tyres don't make for great quality)

The other bike is a rather old Dawes Fox - bought secondhand by my father when he was in university, and 'borrowed' by me (though the fact that he hasn't ridden it in over a decade) - an old road bike with a whole 5 gears (notably with a non-indexed shifter on the downtube), a massive frame with roadie geometry and a set of mudguards and panniers to make it ideal for riding about in town (the joys of not having the soggy/muddy stripe of water up your back from the rear wheel on wet days...). I expected it to be something of a dinosaur compared to my modern mtb with all its gearing, aluminium frame and fancy brakes and suspension, but am rather amused to discover that while it is jurassic in design, it still moves like a rocket when you put your foot down on the roads (at least compared to said mtb, I have yet to get my hands on a modern road bike to compare which may skew my opinion somewhat).

plumberroy likes this.
  2. plumberroy

plumberroy Loaded Pockets

My bike is here It was to dark to take pictures by the time I got home It is a surly long haul trucker built from a new old stock frame and from high end parts. that had been in stock for a while do to the cost of high end parts. It is my dream bike right down to the color olive green with black rack fenders and bottle cage, flat bar
    Roy

3. plumberroy

new surly long haul trucker.

[​IMG]

BetweenRides likes this.
  4. Soappeddler

Soappeddler Loaded Pockets

• Hot-linked images removed, Rule #3.b.
    plumberroy and BetweenRides like this.
  5. VaBikePacker

VaBikePacker Loaded Pockets

Proper number of bikes any man should have? n-1.

N = divorce...:D

plumberroy likes this.
  6. BetweenRides

BetweenRides Loaded Pockets

Algebra is a wonderful thing. Stated another way: n+1.

n = The number you currently have. Much cheaper than a divorce... :rolleyes:

plumberroy likes this.
  7. plumberroy

My heard has changed a little since the first post I have upgraded the raliegh c-30 traded the concord in on a surly long haul trucker
    I have set a goal of 100 miles in March as of today I am at 45 miles I know some ride that in a day but for not being on a bike for years untill a month ago it is making progess
    Old raliegh C-30 my beater
    [​IMG]
    surly's steamroller and long haul trucker
    [​IMG]

BetweenRides likes this.
  8. O.J.

O.J. Loaded Pockets

This is my most interesting bike:

[​IMG]

Although I'm guessing you guys would be more excited to see my typically Dutch citybike.

BetweenRides likes this.
  9. O.J.

O.J. Loaded Pockets

In action when I used to race:

[​IMG]

barlas and BetweenRides like this.
  10. BetweenRides

BetweenRides Loaded Pockets

Nice bikes, plumberroy. Keep up the hard work - you'll be up to your goal distance and more before you know it.:cool:

11. amper

amper Loaded Pockets

my bike
    [​IMG]

barlas likes this.
  12. blt2drg

blt2drg Loaded Pockets

I have a Marin Bobcat Trail. Its mainly used for riding flat dirt trails along canals in my area for exercise and pulling my daughter around when the weather permits. I bought it new about 3 years ago at a year end sale and have since upgrading a few things like the wheels, tires, saddle, pedals, grips, and stem. I didn't need to upgrade anything, but found a bunch of new better quality stuff on craigslist at a huge discount so I figured why not. I also added a Niterider dual headlight set. My wife also has a Marin which you can see part of in the pic.

I would love a Surly Big Dummy for taking my daughter out, but just can't afford/justify the price. Maybe if it was used for commuting I could justify it.

[​IMG]

13. plumberroy

As of today I am at 112.5 miles for march . 12.5 miles beyond my goal . I am hoping to pick up another 20 beffore the 31th
    Roy

14. amper

amper Loaded Pockets

Are someone put in tires Slime sealant or doc blue. What are experiences.

15. saulgood

saulgood Empty Pockets

My trail bike.
    Chumba EVO converted to 650b
    [​IMG]

Pine Box Parkinson likes this.
  16. Pine Box Parkinson
    • In Omnia Paratus

Pine Box Parkinson Not a N00b

My favorite bike is a Giant MCM One. It's Carbon Fiber. The frame weighs 2.65 pounds. It has a Chris King headset and a Manitou front shock. It's a little old. But it takes a beating and i'm a big guy.

[​IMG]

I have one other bike. But it didn't move with me. It's being stored for me. It's a Schwinn Mesa (Pre Schwinn being sold and becoming crap) It has a Rock Shox Judy shock on it and the whole bike is black, white and red. Pretty nice for a beater.

17. To Meso

To Meso Loaded Pockets

Specialized Pitch 2009
    Too lazy to go take picture ;) its bad :censored:

18. Darth_Firebolt

Darth_Firebolt Loaded Pockets

2012 Specialized Tricross Sport for my main bike. Midnight blue, and I was able to score some panniers that match PERFECTLY at a yard sale for $5. They looked like they had never been used under the dust, and I was right. They still had the silica gel things in one of the pockets. :D
    2010 Specialized Sirrus for my fiancee. I have some personally hand built Alex Adventurer rims on it. They are pretty bulletproof, and for the money I like them better than Sun Rhino Lites.
    2008 Specialized Hardrock Sport for my mountain bike. I've gone through several 29ers and a 650b, but I keep coming back to this entry level turd for some reason. It just feels right.
    Mid 90's Specialized Hardrock Sport for my campus bike. Nicely and covertly upgraded.
    Phat Sea Breeze cruiser in ODG with flat black accents for car shows/ airshows/ pit bike.
    Genesis 29 inch cruiser with an old roadmaster chain guard for the same use as above.
    Redline proline 24 for the bmx track.

19. nargalzius

nargalzius Loaded Pockets

2009/10 Orbea Alma for me.

[​IMG]

Love the lifetime warranty on it - so when it breaks I'm most likely to be given an updated model ;)

Not that I need it, perfectly happy with how mine works/feels.

20. eddiejester

eddiejester Loaded Pockets

Still riding my old Cannondale M700 Mountain Bike.

Last edited by eddiejester, Nov 30, 2014