1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Who owns an invicta? / help me pick a watch

Discussion in 'Watches' started by Ogre, Feb 8, 2013.

1. Skunk Ape

Skunk Ape Loaded Pockets

[quote="Red33, post: 1512166, member: 39926"... They promptly sent me a letter saying that it would cost several hundred dollars to repair and that they could not honor the warranty due to a change in the movement manufacteur, or something like that. Thus ended my love of Seiko. I did own a couple of Monsters years later,but just wasn't that impressed with them.[/quote]
    Wow, I have never had an issue. To the point where they have fixed watches for me years out of warranty. So is our journey with these manufacturers. If it weren’t for the people working there, there would be no inconsistencies.
    Now the part about the Monsters shows me nothing impresses you. Clearly. ;-)

2. eagle9516

eagle9516 Loaded Pockets

Here is one of the Invicta's I have and probably my favorites. It is their reserve line Swiss Chronograph. It is the Invicta model 1957 Dive watch good up to like 660 Ft. I have had this for many years during my career in many operations. Its not for the faint of heart as it is a beast and heavy. Most of Invicta's watches are thick and heavy but that's the attraction for most guys. I have also had the Nitro in Black and others. Really you can't beat the price for solid watches. I will admit though that their customer service is lacking sometimes. Overall you can't find a better deal for Swiss Chronograph at a fair price. I love the watches and you get used to the weight but the reaction you get from a lot of people is their overall attraction and reaction to the watch when you wear it. Good luck..

[​IMG]

3. Red33

Red33 Loaded Pockets

Wow, I have never had an issue. To the point where they have fixed watches for me years out of warranty. So is our journey with these manufacturers. If it weren’t for the people working there, there would be no inconsistencies.
    Now the part about the Monsters shows me nothing impresses you. Clearly. ;-)[/quote]

Sorry just wasn't impressed with the Monsters. I want a watch that at least keeps fairly accurate time. Monsters were consistently off by several (5-10) minutes. Bad gasket on one of them let water into the workings. Little flakes of lume floating around the watch face, etc. sold them on another forum, along with some other watches and bought a Ball Engineer II DLC. Been totally satisfied since.......

4. Shike

Shike Loaded Pockets

Have one for about 10 years. Automatic. Zero problems.

5. Skunk Ape

Skunk Ape Loaded Pockets

Interesting. I have two monsters and have never heard of any of these issues on the forums. I wonder if you got a fake? They have gotten so popular that china is selling fakes by the boat load. The Engineer is a fine watch also.

6. Ogre

Ogre Banned

forgot i made this thread!

i ended up getting this one........i was a little dissapointed with it out of the box becuase the cyclops was crooked! not drastically, but being as @nal as i am, it was enough to really piss me off. no matter, heated it up with soldering iron and scraped it off!

for 85 bucks, im very happy with this watch

[​IMG]

microbe, Jayphog and Myth90045 like this.
  7. Myth90045

Myth90045 Loaded Pockets

Enjoy. It looks better without it.

Sent from inside my bag

Ogre likes this.
  8. Red33

Red33 Loaded Pockets

I don't think so. I had purchased one from online dealer that's named after a large river, and traded on a forum for the other. They were identical expect one was black, the other was orange.
    I was disappointed as the first watch I ever purchased as a "working adult" was the Seiko with the Pepsi bezel. I used it everyday for 5 or 6 years before giving it to my brother. As of my last contact with him a few years ago, it was still working. I think I was 18 or 19 when I bought it. I'm now near 50. He said it looked as if it had been ran over, but still kept good time.
    I don't think they make them like they used to.