1. Please update your bookmarks to use https://www.edcforums.com/
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Who makes a keyper like the Maxpedition Keyper but longer?

Discussion in 'Keychain Tools' started by mash4077, Jul 20, 2017.

1. mash4077

mash4077 Loaded Pockets

So I currently use a Maxpedition Keyper everyday to hold my keyring. I like it where the keychain hangs in the pocket but unfortunately some of my pants pockets are lower so the keys fall out and make a lot of noise when I walk.

I am just looking for a longer Keyper that will keep my keyring in my pocket. I did find the Original Special Operations Equipment version but it takes about 6-8 weeks to have one made and I would rather not have to wait for one.

I am only interested in nylon.

Thanks in advance.

2. ballistic
    • +2 Supporter

ballistic Loaded Pockets

I have one from Six Rolling Wheels, looks slightly longer than the Maxpedition Keyper but not sure it is long enough. I believe their items are handmade so if you contact them they might be able to make one special order for you in a longer length.

[​IMG]

3. Moshe ben David

Moshe ben David Loaded Pockets

Why not just go old school with a long chain (like a pocket watch chain) attached to your key ring?

I realize a shiny chain might not be as discreet as you're looking for. But if you think about it, maybe there's a way to mod a keyper with some sort of discrete fabric length so as to make it long enough -- in effect replacing the standard strap. Looking at the item from Maxpedition, the strap is just a length of canvas fitting through the plastic hook holding the key ring; with velcro strips stitched on the strap to close the loop.

On the other hand... going with a long watch chain might make you a trend setter -- bringing back the vibe of the old zoot suit days! LOL

L'chaim!

Moshe ben David

4. mash4077

mash4077 Loaded Pockets

Anyone else know of any?

5. Nick4305
    • In Omnia Paratus

Nick4305 EDC Junkie!!!!!

Oakley Mechanism chain could fit your needing.

6. mash4077

mash4077 Loaded Pockets

Thanks for the info but I'm basically looking for a longer copy of the Maxpedition Keyper.

I like the way it fits on a belt and it's easy to remove the keyring and easy to put it on.
    That Oakley thing looks way to long and also looks like it has a pin to remove before you can put on or remove the keyring which would be a pain to deal with all the time.

Nick4305 likes this.