1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Who here wears a wedding ring? ...

Discussion in 'EDC Clothing' started by speedmaster, Dec 11, 2008.

1. mtngoat

mtngoat Loaded Pockets

I've been wearing my Titanium wedding band for 6 years now and love it, I have looked at the Tungsten rings because mine shows scratches.

goat

2. recklesstryg

recklesstryg Loaded Pockets

I thought about titanium but I knew I would beat the :censored: out of it. The Tungsten seems heavy when you hold it in your hand but on my finger it melts away and I forget that it is there.

3. ppfd

ppfd Loaded Pockets

Wedding ring? Whats that! ;D

Not for me! :laugh:

4. Jbo

Jbo Empty Pockets

Titanium for 2 years yesterday. Very light and forget that it is there. 1 note however...it is nice that it is lightweight but scares me due to sizing issues (such as cold weather) because I probably wouldn't notice it gone for a while if I lost it.

5. flipe8

flipe8 Loaded Pockets

I wear mine half of the time, when I'm off duty. When I'm at work, it goes on my keychain. I never lose my keys, so I don't worry about where the ring is.

6. evi1joe

evi1joe Loaded Pockets

Getting married next Sunday--got a titanium 4.5mm ring on its way from Boone. Great price and great service--let's just hope I can adjust to wearing a ring (literally--not figuratively).

7. DB

DB Kilted Moderator

Congrats!

8. resurgam

resurgam Empty Pockets

While I'm a huge fan of being happily married, (I'm in my 7th year!), and I love the idea of showing the world a sign of that marital fidelity, I just cant bring myself to wear a ring. I did for a few years but I was constantly afraid of being degloved by it while working. Now neither one of us wear our rings. We get some funnly looks here in Mississippi when we're pushing our 3 kids around Wal-Mart, but ah well.

I think the most "tactical" wedding ring would be a tattoo. No chance of it getting caught on anything, no taking it off to sneak into singles clubs, and it stays on til around 60 days after you die.

9. themadplumbarian

themadplumbarian Loaded Pockets

We were going to do that but they wont do it around here, cause its too small and too cheap to do them,,, JR

10. dowtech

dowtech Loaded Pockets

Ring #1: white gold, knife edge. Worn 11 years by me. Stolen when house broken into (after divorce).

Ring #2: octagonal gold replica of ancient Greek wedding ring, with character on every facet (no one knows the translation). Worn 20 years by me. Number 4 daughter now wears as thumb ring.

Ring #3: gold with cut-out Celtic design. Worn less than a year by me. Number 3 daughter now has.

Moral: Anyone know of a Ti or Tungsten potential wife that will outlast ring?

:evilgrin:

11. schadenfreude

schadenfreude Empty Pockets

Nice to learn this trick for tungsten. I've never had to cut a ring off a patient. If any of you guys ever need a ring cut off in the ED, tell your doc/tech to try the "dental floss trick" or "umbilical tape trick" first. Wrap the finger gently (only mild compression) from the tip to the base, and tuck the end of the string under the ring. Now pull the ring slowly off the finger by unwrapping the string from the knuckle end. As you unwrap, the ring slowly gets pulled down the finger, and the fat/skin gets compressed out of the way. I've had some guys with hand injuries with rings that haven't crossed their arthritic knuckes for 50 years, and they come off without being cut this way.

As for my ring, I had a titanium ring for years, but when I got married we upgraded to white gold.

12. Rocket Jones

Rocket Jones Empty Pockets

26 years now, and I've worn my gold band every bit of it except for when working on the car. I'm actually on my second ring, the first one had worn a bit thin after almost 25 years.

13. DrSpeed

DrSpeed Loaded Pockets

Gold, and it has great significance to me.
    I don't wear it on my finger however, except for special occasions, but on my watchband.
    In the military, more then once I've seen an amputated finger because of a ring (worn against regulations) getting caught while jumping from a vehicle. Also having a medical job means washing your hands all the time, and besides rings are considered an infection hazard.
    I find this to be a good compromise.

14. RockyNomad

RockyNomad Loaded Pockets

Platinum and white gold with a brushed finish. 3 1/2 years.

15. Clead

Clead Loaded Pockets

White gold 6mm band with paired celtic birds from the Book of Kells (cast, not engraved).
    Together since 1989, married 2001. We both turn 34 this year, lol you do the math.

16. TKC

TKC Loaded Pockets

I wear a titanium & gold, with a diamond, wedding ring. We are celebrating 16 years on Feb 19, 2009! I am VERY happily married. :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

17. Corporal Punishment

Corporal Punishment Empty Pockets

I've never been married, but I never wear jewelry anyway. The closest thing to jewelry that I've ever worn regularly for any significant duration were military dogtags. I think that if I ever got married though, I would have a decorative band (perhaps a garland of holly) tattooed around my finger rather than wearing a ring.

18. Hoshnasi

Hoshnasi Empty Pockets

White gold comfort band. Married for 3.5 months. Been together for four years.

19. addictedmatt

addictedmatt Loaded Pockets

I wear a tungsten carbide ring and I love it, but other people seem to dislike it's non traditional look.

20. gadgetjack

gadgetjack Loaded Pockets

I started with a silver band. Had it for about 8 years then traded it for titanium. Loved the look disliked the lightness. Lost it somewhere :rant: after losing weight :). Went back to silver but needed something more durable. Got a tungsten carbide and never looked back. It is solid and heavy so I know it's there but the ring is still as nice as the day I bought it. Been married 14 years and together for 16.